Are you satisfied with your appearance?

AGR

I am not,I feel like I am/look diferent than other people and that they can see this when they are around me,I have actually being told by some girls that I am handsome,but again got some that didnt think so,like I was talking on the phone with the mother of this really beautiful girl that was in my school ,but in the morning period(her mother was a friend of my mother) and she was asking if I wanted to go to this place with her and her daughter,kind like with the tone of trying to get us to meet/know each other and I heard the girl saying -"nooo,I think I know who he is,nooo",kinda trying to make her mother stop,dont know if she knew that I heard,well you cant please everyone......

Last edited:

Sinar_Matahari

Apropos. Just last night, a guy told me that I have an ugly prettiness. It made me laugh out loud because it was so blunt and dick-headed and I've never had anyone say that to me before. I think I know what he's talking about though. I've seen people who may have been "ugly" but were also good looking. I found something interesting about their unusual looks or features.

JCS008

I don't think so. I have a hard time being satisfied with most things about myself. I know I'm way too hard on myself, but old habits die hard.

the only way i would ever be satisfied with my appearance would be if i was so good looking that it would overpower all my other flaws, and allow me to be in a relationship. but i don't even think that's possible.

so, all i can do it keep toiling away at becoming a better person. it's like renovating a house, all the way down to the foundation, while still living in it. and i might wind up with just half a destroyed house, i don't know.

Well honestly I'm rarely satisfied with my appearence..even the littlest of flaws will drive me insane. In other words I try to be perfect..and that's something I'll never be..but I can't get that through my head.

Queen_Of_Pain

I'm just greatful that I'm alive. *corny moment* lol

I'm just about becoming happy with myself actually, but it took a long time for that to be true, and I always try to improve (usually change) small things about myself when I'm feeling insecure, usually like obsessing over my hair style or feeling like I've made too much of an effort with my clothes or something like that. I'm trying to stay true to myself now though as much as I can, but it always seems to be other people that control how I feel about me and not myself, but hopefully in time thats going to change.

oh, and i wanted to say, i find it sad when celebrities change their noses to more conventional noses. like jennifer grey, or ashlee simpson, or michael jackson. i thought they looked better before.

and serafina, i think your nose is awesome! but i understand your reasoning.

Flo

It's strange because I've never really worried about the way I look. In fact, my looks are one of the only things I feel I have to hold on to. It seems like something to be happy about, but I'm much more critical of my personality/behaviour/social skills. Sometimes I feel like people are only interested to get to know me because I'm "exotic-looking". Then once they get to know my personality I feel they're turned-off. It's a tough thing to write about without sounding conceited - I'm far from that - but just wondering if anyone feels the same way? Today's North American social norms seem to be centered around being good-looking and wealthy, but I'm much more interested in having charm and wit. :/

totally agree, but then again...i would rather someone say i'm exotic (black is in style as well rite now) than to say i "have a great personality" (aka ur ugly and i'd never date u, but i LOVE talking to u)

sorry to sound cynical, but its the TRUTH

Luke1993

Hmm I'm not really sure, I've lost a lot of weight recntly so I'm not really that fat no more. I don't think Im a very attractive guy, but I'm not exactly a voice of reason on that subject lol

Liberty

Banned
Definitely not. I would change so many things if I could.

My nose is way too big, and it's broken and I can't afford to get it fixed (again, already had it fixed once and it got broken again).

I have a long neck so I look really skinny even though I'm very athletic and used to work out too, but everyone thinks I'm a skinny weakling. And I have acne-scarred skin from teenage years and I have crooked teeth too. I tried to get braces but my upper mandible is too narrow so I'd have to have surgery to get my jaw broken and I can't afford that either.

There are things more important than looks so I just try not to think about it much since there's nothing I can do about it.

caithead

totally agree, but then again...i would rather someone say i'm exotic (black is in style as well rite now) than to say i "have a great personality" (aka ur ugly and i'd never date u, but i LOVE talking to u)

sorry to sound cynical, but its the TRUTH

You're right, black IS in style! Haha...I think being exotic-looking in general is in style. :)

But the thing is I just have a thing with disappointing people - they think I'm interesting because of my ethnicity and then get to know me and see that I'm not as interesting as they thought...it's like seeing a fancily wrapped present, opening it up and finding a boring block of cement inside. Y'know?

It's hard to tell what people really find "interesting" and how to portray this image.

Miami

You're right, black IS in style! Haha...I think being exotic-looking in general is in style. :)

But the thing is I just have a thing with disappointing people - they think I'm interesting because of my ethnicity and then get to know me and see that I'm not as interesting as they thought...it's like seeing a fancily wrapped present, opening it up and finding a boring block of cement inside. Y'know?

It's hard to tell what people really find "interesting" and how to portray this image.

What ethnicity are you?

teandtoast

Definitely not. I would change so many things if I could.

My nose is way too big, and it's broken and I can't afford to get it fixed (again, already had it fixed once and it got broken again).

Same on the nose ...Mine got broken when I was robbed by some shits down a alley way a year and half ago and now Ive got a bump and my nose is wider (it was big already and now is even worse)
going to look at geting work done next year...expensive but hey ho

NickyNacker

I absolutely hate the way I look. I think I'm hideous :/ and that's one of the main reasons I have social anxiety.

Tiercel

I'm not satisfied with my appearance, but I'm mostly comfortable with it. I wish my hair didn't decide to leave me, as I'd love to grow it out. But when you're nearly half bald it just looks bad unless you're a crazy old man. And like most Americans I could benefit from a slimming down and a toning up. But I'd be happy if I just had the drive to actually practice and learn to play that violin I have.