Are you satisfied with your appearance?

Off The Wall

if i don't mind something about myself i usually focus on it til i hate it. ha.

Celebrities who get plastic surgery just sh!t me to pieces, here i am thinking they are oh so perfect, but they are just fake as. My ideal person woulda been "Scarlett Johansson" I think she is beautiful.. i still think she is but she got a nose job so that kind of annoys me...

Emily_G

I certainly am not, though I feel a bit more comfortable now that I'm down to 210 lbs from 280. It's a huge relief though I still hate how I look. I'm hairy, pale, have bad oily skin, and tangled long hair.

At this point my depression has sank in so deeply that I really couldn't give a shit about my appearance.

How do you feel about your appearance? Are you content with it? Or do you drastically want to alter it?

Wow you lost 70 lbs!! That is really awesome!!! The most I've ever lost was 35, and I gained most of it back...ugh. After my leg gets better I'm going to start working out again.

I am not happy with my appearance, I'd like to lose about 100 lbs.....::(: I have a long journey ahead of me....

PennyLane

Ugh, I'm going through an appearance crisis right now. I wish there was something I could do.

oh me too...having some really ugly days recently. Had to buy a jumper today which required trying things on and looking in a mirror..yuk!

WelshOne

I wish I had better skin. I really struggle to keep it looking average (at best.) I really envy the people that have effortlessly clear skin.

I'd also like to gain a bit of muscle in some areas.

Sinar_Matahari

if i don't mind something about myself i usually focus on it til i hate it. ha.

Celebrities who get plastic surgery just sh!t me to pieces, here i am thinking they are oh so perfect, but they are just fake as. My ideal person woulda been "Scarlett Johansson" I think she is beautiful.. i still think she is but she got a nose job so that kind of annoys me...

I don't think there is anything wrong with cosmetic sugery. People don't do it to piss anyone off. I know I want to get my nose done at some point. I really just want a small change that will create balance with my features. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common procedures because even a small change (finesse rhinoplasty) can make a big difference without completely altering a person's appearance.

LadyWench

Not really. I was always teased in school for being fat, even though I wasn't back then. It was mostly extremely skinny girls in junior high school that called me fat, and looking back, I realize they were mad that I had boobs and they still had yet to get theirs.

Ironically, I'm fat now. Haha. And I hate it. I guess I'm okay with how I look from the neck up. I'd really like to lose weight, but it's pretty difficult for me. I become unmotivated so quickly. Maybe I'll be a fat ass forever.

My self-esteem has gotten a tiny bit better over the years, though. I used to just absolutely despise the way I looked. Even from the neck up. I was feeling suicidal over it and everything. Now I just have better things to be depressed over. Life is good.

Lonelykitsune

im ok with it,except i dont really bother shaving cos i dont wear shorts or skirts or anything.I have some spots but nothing major.I do wish i had paler skin though and no freckle bridg across my nose.I have a fringe(how come no-one lse does anymore?im bhind the times man)
But looking pretty can have problems

harrasssment
Th song "thank god im pretty" shows th less glamourous side of being glamourous

Meggerz88

The things is... I know I have nice features (hair, skin, eyes, etc) but I still get really self-conscious about the way I look. Especially around girls who are way prettier than me. I am really self-conscious about my body. I have lost about 125lbs, but I still look at myself in the mirror and see all the bad things and see the girl I used to be. I am naturally very muscularly build with a solid frame and I know I will never have a really good body because of it...

tired_of_starting_again

Ohhhhh god no I am not happy with how I look.

You never are when you have an eating disorder. Luckily I am in recovery for
both anorexia & bulimia (over 30 days purge free!!!), but the body image stuff I hear never truly goes away.

I know I am far from being overweight, but (I know in my rational mind that 99lbs at
5ft 0.50in is not fat but...) usually I think I look 115lbs in the mirror. On good days I think I look 103, whatever I f-ing hate body distortion, my eating disorder can go leap off a ledge. Haha!

But anyway, no I am not satisfied, but I am putting all my effort to remember that the mirror lies.

PennyLane

I know I want to get my nose done at some point. I really just want a small change that will create balance with my features. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common procedures because even a small change (finesse rhinoplasty) can make a big difference without completely altering a person's appearance.

Oh me too, I'd love to get my nose done. I'm not sure if it came to if I actually would but I stare at it all the time wishing I could get rid of the little bump in it.

thor01

Oh me too, I'd love to get my nose done. I'm not sure if it came to if I actually would but I stare at it all the time wishing I could get rid of the little bump in it.

Yeah its the same for me. Its the thing I notice the most and dislike the most.

206Raider

a lot of girls have said I'm really cute and asked for my number but I've only had one girl who I hardly knew say I was ugly and horrendous and it cut deep. but thats only one person, the funny thing about it too is that later she said she was sorry and that I wasn't ugly but I never shook it, almost like she never said that last part becuase why would she said the insult in the first place. so I dunno but I still look at myself through the eyes of the person that said that sometimes, like sometimes I would think people would say I looked good and cute to make me feel better or something. I guess I genrally like the way I look just hate this curse of SA.

limetree

After watching "Beauty and the Geek" I feel a little more relieved that most people don't have it all...

I love the Dresden Dolls' cynicism about this in Sex Changes, "of course I love you and of course it's what's inside that matters..."

I know exactly how I'd rather look like and of course that's not possible, but beauty fades; a baby's already dead as soon as it is born. Acceptance is one hell of a challenge but there's no use denying it if we want to be more open minded.

I have little respect for the modelling industry's anorexic mannequins or magazines' unrealistic editing. They're even advertising breast implants in teen vogue now. It's a shame that if you pay someone enough, they're going to compromise their ethics to feed an industry preying on the vulnerable and insecure.

Then again I may be somewhat of a hypocrite. I love watching America's next top model to see the brilliant photography, but when does art become harmful to our self-esteem? I guess you can't censor too much just to soothe our fragile egos as I also believe you shouldn't restrict the autonomy of art. It's provocativeness is supposed to make you think. Question what it is that you are really perceiving. Perhaps it's about being able to handle seeing these images without feeling like you want to mutilate yourself from the inside out. When I catch myself wishing I looked like that, I have to remind myself I'm being courted by an illusion. These girls look nothing like they do on tv or in movies irl- only after plenty of frames, dress ups, make up and editing.

Beauty is a privilege, not a right, so I should count my equivalent privileges and stop demanding so much. Popular notions of beauty differ by culture, and on an even more special level because of its rarity, by individuals. Self-acceptance is something untouchable, it haunts those who envy it like a shadow we already possess but aren't willing to embrace. I tend to project my self-sabotaging tastes onto others too much but ultimately, I'd rather see myself mirrored in the process of relating to others.