Are you a virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 349 63.1%
  • No

Votes: 204 36.9%

• Total voters

Rembrandt Broam

Indeed there were probably many more,probably half the school population

and as for maths,the only person ive ever heard call it maths was my friend from England.

Since it's an abbreviation of mathematics, I've always thought that "math" is technically more correct, as it's a truncation of the original word. If a word or words are abbreviated by removing letters from the middle, then the usual practice is to add an apostrophe. So both "math" and "math's" would be OK, but "maths" is just plain wrong. Sorry fellow Brits, but I think the Americans are right on this one. :)

AsTimeBurns

Since it's an abbreviation of mathematics, I've always thought that "math" is technically more correct, as it's a truncation of the original word. If a word or words are abbreviated by removing letters from the middle, then the usual practice is to add an apostrophe. So both "math" and "math's" would be OK, but "maths" is just plain wrong. Sorry fellow Brits, but I think the Americans are right on this one. :)

It's an abbreviation of mathematics, not mathematic. Therefore: maths.

Rembrandt Broam

It's an abbreviation of mathematics, not mathematic. Therefore: maths.

I suppose that depends on whether mathematics is considered plural. If you're arguing that mathematics is the study of many items of a mathematic nature (geometry, calculus, algebra, etc.) then "maths" could be considered correct. However if mathematics is considered singular, then I still say that "maths" is wrong. :)

WeirdyMcGee

Considering that my dyslexic brain reads words backwards and rearranges it in my head the wrong way around; I'd still read 'maths' as math, so it doesn't matter.
harhar

LazyHermitCrab

No, but feel like one since it's been so long. I kinda wish i waited until marriage. Not getting married for a long time if it happens though >.>