Applied to Mcdonalds

razzle dazzle rose

My first job was at a fast food joint. It does help with SA in the sense that you have to talk to people and be "out there." I lasted three months. I cannot imagine doing a job like that for too long...the people I used to work with are still there though. There are positives and negatives just like everywhere else. I liked that they were flexible with my schedule as I was a student at the time. The work is easy enough, and yeah, there are those bitchy customers but you deal with them as they come. I learned a lot about people working there, like how much they can complain. It will be an experience you can talk about later. Good luck to you! :)

razzle dazzle rose

My last retail job was in Starbucks, I found that the easiest place to work in all the retail/catering places I worked. They work on your strengths and the team they build is supportive. Quite a good workplace strategy as everyone is different, I worked with two other employees that you could list as 'shy', they fit in just as well as I did.

I am interested in working at Starbucks. I like spending time there, and making drinks seems like fun. I also like that most of the workers there are older, so I would blend in. Reading your post makes me feel like I should apply right NOW :) Any advice/tips you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Iluv

SM - Definition

i'm not sure if you can get it at McDonalds

HAHAHAHA, You always manage to make me laugh Coyote. ::p: Let's all just hope that they don't.

Anyways, Thelema I hope you get the job. I applied to McDonald's a few times in the past looking for just a typical teenage part-time job and they told me that online applications are looked at last and it's best to go in and hand in a resume. Just a thought but it's different here then it might be where you live. :)

Last edited:

razzle dazzle rose

as fraught with uncertainty that interacting with live humans is, i welcome the immediacy of dealing with customers over the drudgery of back room or office work - where, left alone, i obsess over perfectionism, worry about performance, and ultimately procrastinate to the point that the anxiety over getting fired has to outweigh the fear of negative judgment before i can actually accomplish anything

This is interesting to read. I have been wanting an office job for so long. No experience though. I do have a lot of retail experience. The last retail gig I had was so bad that it has like completely turned me off from retail (from even working...why I stayed so long I don't know). I seem to be clueless as to what would be best for me. One thing I do know though is that I need a job.

Remus

Staff member
I am interested in working at Starbucks. I like spending time there, and making drinks seems like fun. I also like that most of the workers there are older, so I would blend in. Reading your post makes me feel like I should apply right NOW :) Any advice/tips you can give would be greatly appreciated!

My tip: They like grafters!

Yeah the drinks bit is fun, usually they employ pretty well rounded workers, idiots really don't last past the one day trial.

OceanMist

I told this before on here, but I had 3 or 4 (i can't even remember the exact number) interviews at 3 or 4 different mcdonalds and never got hired. It's one thing to get rejected like that on other jobs, but if I can't get hired at mcdonalds (no offense to mcdonalds workers, i'd work there if they let me).....where can i get a job.

As for work like mcdonalds making SA worse, that has happened before for me. I had a job busing tables and went crazy and had to quit because it got dangerous. By dangerous, I mean thinking about hurting myself dangerous.

The thing with that is that the only way to improve your SA is to get out there, so avoiding things such as work with other people isn't necessarily a good thing.

This is why working is so tough, because the only way to make a living is to work and most jobs require human communication and being around people.

Thelema

I told this before on here, but I had 3 or 4 (i can't even remember the exact number) interviews at 3 or 4 different mcdonalds and never got hired. It's one thing to get rejected like that on other jobs, but if I can't get hired at mcdonalds (no offense to mcdonalds workers, i'd work there if they let me).....where can i get a job.

As for work like mcdonalds making SA worse, that has happened before for me. I had a job busing tables and went crazy and had to quit because it got dangerous. By dangerous, I mean thinking about hurting myself dangerous.

The thing with that is that the only way to improve your SA is to get out there, so avoiding things such as work with other people isn't necessarily a good thing.

This is why working is so tough, because the only way to make a living is to work and most jobs require human communication and being around people.

I feel you with the rejection. I got an interview at Wal-Mart and didn't get hired. Have you seen the people that work at Wal-Mart? Drug addicts get hired!

Thelema

So Mcdonalds hasn't called.

So I applied to the local Safeway.

If Safeway doesn't call then maybe Target

Remus

Staff member
I worked with people who don't like coffee too. They just don't tend to put them on the bar.

Thelema

I worked with people who don't like coffee too. They just don't tend to put them on the bar.

If I get desperate I'll give the girl a call :D

I'm going to bed, but on the way I decided to apply at Home Depot.

Of all the choices, this would be the best long term choice, and they're hiring for Spring.

My chances are getting better all the time :rolleyes: