Anyone paranoid that...

this_portrait

My ex claimed to have snooped around on me and mentioned "forum posts" that he stumbled across, so I'm assuming he's seen my posts on here. I was a little embarrassed about it at first, but now I could care less.

twiggle

I often get paranoid about it.
But if it came to it, and I found out somebody on here knew me, then really so what?? All I do on here is say what I really think, stuff I'd say to anybody if I felt like it was an appropriate time. Yes I have anxiety problems and yes I worry a lot. So what.

RonFrank

I purposely sent a link to a friend showing a thread I created. I was going out of my mind and desperately needed help at the time.
Also, my girlfriend uses my computer. She knows I have this site in my bookmarks.

Roman Legion

Yes, I share things here that I can't in person with anyone, let alone my family.. But unless someone uses my computer, that is not likely to happen as nobody uses this computer but me and if I did take a screenshot, I go back before posting the image and check over and over again, so the open tab thing would not happen.

On a miscellaneous note, the subject and title reminded me of this..
Devo Too Much Paranoias - YouTube

Aletheia

Actually... if someone did stumble across it, it would most likely be a good thing. It'd explain some of my weirdo behaviour so I wouldn't have to do it all in person.

Kiwong

Yes, it troubles me a little. Some of my quotes that I have written on my blog people have googled, and they have linked it to my posts on this website, where I also use some of my quotes as a signature.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yes, but my profile privacy settings are on "Registered Members" and I don't use this user name anywhere else so I should be relatively safe.

Remus

Staff member
We can always change your username.

As long as people don't post traceable pics (on photobucket) or their email address, it wont come up on google search.

Thelema

I only tell people I can trust about social phobia.

If they're one of the few people that I've told about it, I wouldn't care if they found me here.

People outside of that tiny group would never find out-because I am a ninja

I'm probably about as paranoid as anyone can get on such matters. I have never told anyone at all the exact name of this site, or posted any image of myself, or used my real name. But i guess if someone was intent, they could google search all the mental-health sites for certain "identifying" words/phrases (which i may have used from time to time), but still it'll be looking for a needle in the haystack.
That's one thing that i really hate - real-world people knowing any of "my private business" (my ways, secrets, issues, etc). So, yes i'm absolutely paranoid about my "privacy", but that goes along with the "territory".
And the same applies to all others sites. I have only ever i think put up one photo on a site, but i altered the contrast right down, "painted" over the background, altered the hues, etc.
But the good thing about this paranoia, is that i'm pretty much "rock-solid" insofar as being immune from identity theft ;)

Lemonheadzuccini

YES! especially since i use my real name (which was stupid!) thats basically why i changed my profile pic so i can deny deny deny if someone decides to look and me up and read all my moody and private posts here. How do you change your username?

twiggle

YES! especially since i use my real name (which was stupid!) thats basically why i changed my profile pic so i can deny deny deny if someone decides to look and me up and read all my moody and private posts here. How do you change your username?

You can PM a Mod and tell them what you'd like your name changed to :) I'll do it if you wish, just send me a PM.

Eristelle

I doubt they'll ever realize this place exists. No one in my house requires social interaction through the net besides me. Plus my sister condemns people with SA and whatnot. She'd probably troll the forum saying everything we did is our fault and we should die or something. Heck, if she encourages suicide I'm pretty sure she'll destroy this place.

Personally I'm glad no one questions what I do online.

Yup, I just thought so... I mean, I talk a lot about stuff and they might get angry or upset when they read my stuff.. Omg... I really don't hope so...

That would be the most terrifying thought of the world XD

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Plus my sister condemns people with SA and whatnot. She'd probably troll the forum saying everything we did is our fault and we should die or something. Heck, if she encourages suicide I'm pretty sure she'll destroy this place.

That's terrible. I'm sorry that you have to live with a person like that. ::(: