Anyone looking forward for Christmas and New Years?

outofthisworld

I'm not looking forward at all, because there is usually so many people and it's so hard to interact with them and I always have to pretend being somebody else as nobody understands me.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm not looking forward at all, because there is usually so many people and it's so hard to interact with them and I always have to pretend being somebody else as nobody understands me.

Am I f_ #k! I can't be bother with it. I wish I could opt out of it. Because I think it's a total waste of time. It's stressful. And a complete waste of money. Buying s**t ya don't really need. And I can't do the whole "pretend to be someone else" when trying to be social.

See Christmas, to me - nowadays - has become nothing more than a coporate, consumerist, wankfest. But then, we're never happy with what we've got, or how much better we have it compared some of the poorer part of the world.

Sorry to end it on that note, and for the depressing rant, overall.

Starry

I am! ^_^ I love getting gifts for people and I love the decorations and lights and the atmosphere. I'm lucky in that I don't have to be around people I don't want to be (generally), so Christmas is all about atmosphere and my little family (myself, my husband and my dog).

I've spent the last few weeks making mini Christmas stockings for members of my family (I've made 11 so far... I have 3 more to make, I think) and thoroughly enjoying thinking up gift ideas. Tonight I'll be making a start on wrapping! ^_^

Oh and I'm desperate for snow! I love it and it doesn't feel like winter without it.

I think I'm just a child at heart lol. ^_^

bcsr

Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I like shopping for presents for my friends and family, it's fun. I'm going to try my hand at smoking a turkey for Christmas dinner.

I have New Year's off the first time in three years, so I'm planning on making the most of it. Going to go out with some friends and probably drink too much. :D

Agent_Violet

I'm looking forward to the time off work to get settled in my new house.I don't have anyone to shop for other than my boyfriend,my son,and my boyfriends niece...and that's AWESOME:)

I used to hate the holidays when I was expected to entertain a house full of guests and my ex-husband's relatives. It was horrible.

MNM322

I always love "Christmas time" but the day itself, no.... people are too fake and full of greed.

as for new years, hell no. Only a reflection on what I didnt do this year...

dallasthekid

yes, i love christmas time. i love buying gifts for my family,and everyone seems filled with christmas cheer.

Hell yes. Love all the decorations, music, decorating the tree, wrapping the presents etc.
Especially this year as I won't have to put up with being around a particular very unpleasant relative, Yay:thumbup:

agchristmas29.gif

gummybear22

i never look forward to it as of several years ago. i even start not looking forward to it in about august every year, sometimes in july if i see a store has already put up stuff to sell for that.
i hAte how Christmas has become so secular. Sick of it. and I don't see it becoming anything but worse, in general. people just love STUFF. and they waste money on alot that no one is going to use.
this girl in a class i had a few years ago talked about money troubles that she and her bf were having, including not being able to pay a car ticket or something, yet she said they spent $200 on Christmas presents for his son. what idiots.

outofthisworld

last year i was at my ex's family and my SA wasn't bad so went well. and new years I forgot and fell asleep lol..
but this year I'm in Brazil single so probably xmas will be with family which isn't really bad.. but new years Brazilian people like to party. urgh.. makes me sick to think of it lol

gummybear22

US people like to party and drink and mess. i do NOT. i either go to sleep before 12 on new year's or stay up watching tv and notice it's after 12, then go to bed, hopefully.

cowboyup

Just another day to me.
Here in the US, just like election time, there are too many commercials, extra fliers in the mail, etc., that seem to bombard a person with the holidays.

Roman Legion

No, I do not celebrate or even observe any holiday; I do not wish to recieve gifts either and I will not recieve gifts anyway. The day after Christmas is my birthday, but I do not even celebrate or observe it.

EscapeArtist

it's basically instinctual to look forward to christmas, but i look forward more to the changing of seasons and the excuse to wear comfy sweaters, see beautiful snow, stay in, drink spiced drinks, light fires, and make tasty smells via the kitchen :)! Merry...uhh... November.. right, it's not christmas yet..

OCDd

Heck yeaaa i am, ive been doing SOOOO much better with my ocd, and thats my Christmas gift! Im sooo happy to be back you have no idea, thats the best gift of them all, being back to my normal self. it feels wonderful. and yes I am also looking forward to celebrating Jesus's birthday too. i also love to give hugs to my friends and family and spend time with them. for me its a time to relax, do stuff you enjoy, take time off of work and school, sleep, eat good food, and just spend time with friends and family. Also Jesus really helped me through my journey and i will be very grateful to him on his birthday. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and God bless you all :)