Anyone looking forward for Christmas and New Years?

EscapeArtist

agchristmas29.gif

Yay for no unpleasant relateive!! The first of unpleast-relative-less christmasses?
Thanks for the picture. Got me all excited and stuff.

gummybear22

No, I do not celebrate or even observe any holiday; I do not wish to recieve gifts either and I will not recieve gifts anyway. The day after Christmas is my birthday, but I do not even celebrate or observe it.

no watching fireworks on 4th of july either? :( they're so colorful and sparkly * * *

Roman Legion

no watching fireworks on 4th of july either? :( they're so colorful and sparkly * * *

We do not buy fireworks and I do not venture out to watch them. I can think of no holiday that I even remotely observe. I find it odd how people celebrate their own birthday, I do not.

outofthisworld

I don't like birthday's either.. well pretty much anything with more than 3 people it bores me to death lol... should be the opposite huh?! well the only thing I like about birthday is the cake yumm

gummybear22

well a practical reason i see for celebrating a birthday is helping the person remember when it is, so how old they are. i've known people to forget even when they celebrate their birthdays, so imagine how it'd be like if those people didn't even celebrate it, just let it pass by without giving it a thought.
the past several years, i don't do much with receiving presents on my birthday-isn't a thing for me like it used to be back in the day. i do like to make it a point to eat cake though, and hopefully icecream also

Roman Legion

well a practical reason i see for celebrating a birthday is helping the person remember when it is, so how old they are. i've known people to forget even when they celebrate their birthdays, so imagine how it'd be like if those people didn't even celebrate it, just let it pass by without giving it a thought.
the past several years, i don't do much with receiving presents on my birthday-isn't a thing for me like it used to be back in the day. i do like to make it a point to eat cake though, and hopefully icecream also

I have not celebrated a birthday in years, yet I still remember when it is. I guess I am alone here as well for not celebrating or observing my own birthday. Maybe I am just a strange person?

Richey

Christmases are fine, its Birthdays that usually make me feel sick. Because its 5+ hours (family party) of being in the spotlight for being older. I just don't like it.

Eric28887

No I can't say that I am. This will be the first Christmas Eve I will have had off work for 4 years so I am a little excited to get to see my family. Outside of my parents no one in my family really exchanges gifts now that we are all older. Which I am happy about I don't like other people spending their money on me plus there isn't much of anything I want either. I do miss having a girlfriend to buy something nice and surprise them with on Christmas though. As far as New Years I will be at work all night.

Duzmiu

i dont like christmas that much anymore, every christmas we go have dinner at my nan's and i like that but ever since my grandad passed away the last 2 christmas's havent been the same as they used to be and after dinner my uncles disapear for a few hours and i end up being bored so tend to take my psp with me now

untitle.JPG

I'm hoping no relatives invite us to anything, and I wish those could be just regular days wasted in front of the computer.

Also I absolutely suck at it so I don't have the slightlest idea what give or make for my mom, the only one I would care to get a gift for.

laure15

I'm looking forward to it. I'm feeling the holiday spirit, plus I get school off! Winter is my favorite season because people are not so active during this time of year.

gummybear22

my favorite season is spring :) :) i love there being more animals about and the plants getting flowery and green, and the weather being cool/warm.

chibiXphantom

Well i like Christmas. at least the Christmas i remember as a kid where my family actually spent the day relaxing, spending time with eachother, baking cookies. it was fun. but now all anyone cares about is shopping, shopping, shopping, gifts, sales, and all that STUFF. pointless stuff that people will forget about a week later.

i could care less about presents. i mean, my best memoires of chistmas have nothing to do with the gifts. Gift giving is nice and all, but theres way too much focus on that, which stresses everyone out.

and i never do anything on new years.

1BlackSheep

i dont like christmas that much anymore, every christmas we go have dinner at my nan's and i like that but ever since my grandad passed away the last 2 christmas's havent been the same as they used to be and after dinner my uncles disapear for a few hours and i end up being bored so tend to take my psp with me now
I kind of feel the same way. Christmases used to be more meaningful when my grandparents were alive and always came up to spend the holiday with us. It's not as fun when you don't have a special someone in your life to share it with either. But, I do like the music, decor, cookies, and other traditions!

dean01

christmas causes so much anxiety, the buying of gifts, the busy shops, long ques, opening presents in front of relatives, christmas dinner and then its all over in the blink of an eye.
ive never gone out for new years eve ive always spent it alone in my room as i will do this year.

gummybear22

christmas causes so much anxiety, the buying of gifts, the busy shops, long ques, opening presents in front of relatives, christmas dinner and then its all over in the blink of an eye.
ive never gone out for new years eve ive always spent it alone in my room as i will do this year.

i stopped opening birthday presents in front of the givers several years ago, because of getting junk gifts and didn't want to make them feel bad.
do you take notice of when it's 12 or just go on through it?

dean01

i stopped opening birthday presents in front of the givers several years ago, because of getting junk gifts and didn't want to make them feel bad.
do you take notice of when it's 12 or just go on through it?

the fireworks and the tele let me know its 12 apart from them i wouldnt notice. there have been years ive fallen asleep before 12 i did on millenium night.

I rather like the end year celebrations. Though this year we're not doing the traditional annual Christmas dinner, which I always look forward to. Shame.

Unspoken

My family has a lot of little kids now during holiday gatherings, so I can go pretty much unseen if I want. I was the youngest and the one everyone wanted to find until I was almost out of my teens, but now I can just eat and relax off to the side while 2-6 kids distract everyone. It's not too bad.