Anybody else extremely shy?

PGT

I am extremely shy I feel like the shyest person in the world even on this site. I am so incredibly awkward with people. I never initiate conversations. Im extremely quiet. I have always nothing to say. Im always alone. I dont have friends. I hate when people take pictures of me. I can't meet new people. I make people uncomfortable and they always want to get away from me. Im even too scared to post this. etc etc etc. Im sorry for this post. Im so pathetic. Anybody else?

+1

I joined an online dating site but i am too scared to log on in ..case i have got no replies.

Phoenixx

I am extremely shy I feel like the shyest person in the world even on this site. I am so incredibly awkward with people. I never initiate conversations. Im extremely quiet. I have always nothing to say. Im always alone. I dont have friends. I hate when people take pictures of me. I can't meet new people. I make people uncomfortable and they always want to get away from me. Im even too scared to post this. etc etc etc. Im sorry for this post. Im so pathetic. :kickingmyself: Anybody else?
^ Are you my alter ego? A lot of these totally apply to me. I too am extremely shy and always have been. Even without SA I was a very quiet person, and I still am. I've been incredibly awkward around people for a while now and I never initiate conversations either unless I know the person extremely well, like family and friends. Even on the internet, I very rarely initiate conversations. When I do, it's because I'm feeling really good. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind chatting at all, but it's sending that first message that tends to intimidate me. I'm also terrified of having my picture taken and have been my whole life.

hi, i'm 28 & still so shy, try to encourage yourself, don't think too much try to act more & see what happens, don't blame yourself & go for what makes u happy

jaim38

I am extremely shy I feel like the shyest person in the world even on this site. I am so incredibly awkward with people. I never initiate conversations. Im extremely quiet. I have always nothing to say. Im always alone. I dont have friends. I hate when people take pictures of me. I can't meet new people. I make people uncomfortable and they always want to get away from me. Im even too scared to post this. etc etc etc. Im sorry for this post. Im so pathetic. Anybody else?

+1

I joined an online dating site but i am too scared to log on in ..case i have got no replies.

Yes I'm extremely shy too. I have both shyness and social anxiety and sometimes couldn't tell the difference between the 2. It also doesn't help that I was born a Cancer, sometimes I wonder if I was a Leo would I be more outgoing, less afraid, and more "leader-like"? Social outings drain the heck out of me, and at the end of the day I just want to go home and crawl back into my little shell (and never come out?).

Shrimp

I mumble when I talk, I stutter when I talk to girls which often leads to very embarassing situations.
I feel uncomfortable when I'm outside, I cant keep friends or relationships and I cant keep up with conversations so I mostly just stay quiet.

Yet I'm very happy with my life, though many things have to change to make my life easier.

Richey

Very, very shy but when I do talk, people wonder why I am shy, because when I choose to talk I come across as nice and confident. So people wonder who the real me is.

Problem I have is that I can be either shy or chatty depending on the environment. If I find the situation intimidating, I don't say a lot. But if I am comfortable and it's a relaxed place, then I can be more open.

For instance, at a wedding/a party or at work, under pressure, forced environment, I am shy and uncomfortable.

Around a group of nerdy friends or playing a sport I enjoy or doing something that I like, then I am more relaxed and less shy.

When I was with my friends, we all liked indie rock music. then we felt relaxed around each other. it wasn't intimidating or anything.

We don't speak to each other anymore though. Adulthood tends to do that.

I can't do online dating or facebook. Though I used to do MSN, but you could have a fun nickname and you could choose when to speak and was far less invasive chat thing.

Am about to start a busy retail job, it should be interesting. I feel that the percentages are against me as i'm very reserved and shy. But am hoping that even if I don't last in the job, if I can get some good skills out of it and maybe it'll help with dealing with different kinds of people and I won't be so awkward and self conscious.

Last edited:

Kiwong

I might've been shy once, now that has snowballed into an abject fear of social situations.

drganon

I'm very shy around people I don't already know. In my last school course I took on campus, I barely interacted with anyone for the entire semester.

I am extremely shy I feel like the shyest person in the world even on this site. I am so incredibly awkward with people. I never initiate conversations. Im extremely quiet. I have always nothing to say. Im always alone. I dont have friends. I hate when people take pictures of me. I can't meet new people. I make people uncomfortable and they always want to get away from me. Im even too scared to post this. etc etc etc. Im sorry for this post. Im so pathetic. :kickingmyself: Anybody else?

Are you talking about me?

ffeev223234

the funny thing is when i do break out of my shell and talk to someone they never want to speak to me again or avoid talking to me at all.
has anyone underwent this odd case that i go through in every single interaction? highly doubt it
i know as a fact if everyone register on this site were brought together in one location to have an opportunity to get to know each other and make friends, chances are everyone will make a friend but me and i will be the oddball once more.

i think i have one of the worst problems socially ever where i can't interact with people.

if i don't speak people hold a certain disdain against me for being quite or are curious but if i do speak they abhor me and move the other direction where im heading; so, whatever i do i'm literally ****ed

jaim38

the funny thing is when i do break out of my shell and talk to someone they never want to speak to me again or avoid talking to me at all.
has anyone underwent this odd case that i go through in every single interaction? highly doubt it

Yes, this has occurred to me in the past. Just when I thought I had made an acquaintance/soon-to-be friend, that person doesn't talk to me anymore. I think my body language and lack of confidence/self esteem is partly to blame. I didn't show enough interest and didn't get contact info. Plus I didn't introduce myself properly.

But, it's life I guess. THere are people that don't click with me and that's alright. It's probably better if I made friends who share the same interests, like at a comic con or bookstore.

ffeev223234

THere are people that don't click with me and that's alright.

but that happens every single interaction i have with a person i meet. i mean the problems i go through socially, no one on this site can't even touch me on the struggles i go through

at least you have a person you can talk to i literally don't have anyone to talk too

there have been points where i was talking to someone in less than 3 minutes and they wanted to fight me i mean what the ****

Foxie913

I'm very shy and quiet too. I hate it. One time I overheard my nephew refer to me as "The one that doesn't talk". Little $hithead. If shyness were an Olympic event I would win the gold.

dannyboy65

Don't be sorry for posting you just need to let it out. I used to be extremely shy too, I may not seem like it now but I was. I think your shyness could be because of something that has happened to you. Like for instance I was always shy and scared because of bullies. Over the years though I stopped getting bullied and now I'm outgoing and full of energy. I also joined a foundation for autism that's helped me push myself out of my comfort zone which is also a big thing.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Hi. Yea...that's me.

Hey, do you think shy people would feel more comfortable around other shy people?
If I start making more friends, I want them to to equally shy.

@Mikebird, would you consider finding a roommate?
I think I want to live alone. My mom says you need people...Em, I think I'll be okay. I wouldn't go crazy. Solitutude feels good to me.

Solitude sounds great, but years and years of solitude can start a strong sense of depression, in my experience anyway.

Earthcircle

Short answer: yes.

I am in Brazil now, and Carnaval is in swing. Of course, I am completely alone. I know some people, but they are celebrating without me because they don't enjoy my company.