Alpha Men

Honda

There is always to confident and brave guys that live in their own reality and enjoy life to the fullest.. They are in most cases athletic and fit. And most importantly they get all the women..

I have met my boxing coach 5 months ago and still train with him.. I even met and train with one of his friends/students which has been boxing for 4 years so far...

Those 2 guys are brilliant... They are confident, get women with a snap of a finger, brave and are quite noble and respecting.

I found out that I spent a life time with the wrong type of people that give you a wrong insight about life most of thetime. Many people of modern society are fake, cocky and hide behind masks to guard their insecurities. Unlike those gentlemen...

Everytime I go to training and have social contact with these people I find out alot of interesting things about their mentality and attitude.... I would want to follow a path similiar to theirs... Its a healthy path where you build yourself, your life and help others build up their own...

Alpha men are basiclly, the fittest men in the world, they work on building and completeing themselves and ensure everybody they care about does the same... They dont wait for other things or other people rather always take the initiative... A jackass that makes fun of other people and bullies others and jumps like a drunk idiot on women when clubbing is not an alpha man rather an idiot that is waiting to get a black eye and a broken nose by somebody oneday...

mikebird

Banned
There is definitely an alpha in me; it helps when I'm mostly alone, with no groups to compete with. Aside...

I have been a significant person for years. At university, a peer with plenty to say, and always listening to others.

I wish I knew where my social weakness came from - being alone is a big part of it. I'm confident about what I'm looking for and what I can do. All the barriers I face seem to be people deciding my worth, by a roll of the dice... with no idea who I am... I never expected I'd have to SELL myself

Honda

Well you gotta define yourself, i believe... Life doesnt define us, its how we deal with it... And it easy to say than to do..

I would love to attract plenty of women and earn the respect and honor of people... They do why wouldnt I?

my trainer has been fighting for more than 23 years, since he was born.. The other guy was 115kgs and have worked to be a boxer within 4 years, he's like 4 years older than me, i bet he started where i am now but look how he is now.. Thats what i want to be..

Screw work, screw 9-5 jobs and college... I'd rather give time for my own life, my own boxing training and build something out of myself that I would be proud of... But work and soon i will go back to college will ruin what i worked on for the past 5 months...

Feathers

Honda, be careful with some of that 'Alpha' stuff and such...

Some people who are in martial arts can be very 'macho' and sometimes degrading to women too...

Why do you want to 'attract a lot of women'? What do you want to do with them? Maybe ask yourself what your motivations are behind this... Some people who want to 'build their muscles' can be very superficial and look for ego boosts in numbers too... You can break a woman's heart and she's just a 'number' to you.. do you really want to be that kind of person?

The language reminds me a lot of the 'PUA' forums and guys and 'dating advice'... Some of it may be true, some of it can be long-term harmful too.. Some of these guys were uncapable of 'real' relationships (they did attract a lot of women allright but they had troubles keeping one).
I think you're better than that.

College and job/s aren't 'a waste of time'... I had some crappy jobs and some good ones and learnt a lot from them too..
Some people are great entrepreneurs, it's not so easy to start your own biz or achieve success independently either.. If you're up for it then go ahead.. Do your research first..

The ideal way is to start a biz when you're in college maybe? That way you still have the 'I'm still in college' blanket to fall upon?

Be careful if they will want to sell you too many iffy supplements or such... And do your research for any products they might want you to promote... Ask yourself, what are they selling? Are they selling boxing lessons or other things too?

I do think Lifestyle Design is a great idea (but I take it in a wider way than many these guys I guess) and would LOVE to live from passive income too.. :) There's lots of info out there these days, some of it is just 'gurus trying to sell their own e-books/products' or some MLMs may market their stuff that way too.. (some of those products may be helpful, some not so..)

The extreme of 'Alpha' was maybe Nietzsche's 'super-mensch' and you know where that ideal brought Germany... right?
Also, living with two Alpha parents isn't soo easy, so also consider what impact you might be having on others.. You can lead for the better, or for the worse... Always with example, of course..

Why would work and college ruin what you worked for? And what kind of man do you wish yourself to be?

Last edited:

coyote

on the other hand...

do we really need all the categories and labels and well-defined roles?

do "types" even really exist, or are they merely theoretical constructs created to make an otherwise vastly complex and chaotic universe easier for the people who need things precise and orderly to understand them?

we're not a bunch of pegs that need to be forced into a set number of pre-shaped holes in some scientist's laboratory

rather than trying to maintain a rigid standard of thought and behavior, perhaps we can allow ourselves to bend and shape to each situation

soft and flowing water, over time, erodes the hard and immovable stone

in the end, which is stronger?

Darryl

G'day Honda,

I see it as you need to be around positive people, to help show you the way, help you lift your spirits.

You can follow a path similiar to theirs, but it has to be your path.
Both these guys have their own lives and come together to train and enjoy the sport and have an outlet.

If you go to training and one of the guys isn't there- this will be your downfall.
Negative thoughts will slowly creep into your mind- similiar to what there doing now, worring how work/college will ruin your last 5 months.

I'm sure the guys want someone to train with someone that has a personality of their own, own interests, beliefs, thoughts- otherwise what are you going to talk about outside boxing?

Can you see the positives with the ladies as well?
Your giving them a person to fall in love with, a person who is a individual.

Use the positive energy in the room to slowly build your confidence, and in your own words "define yourself" take this energy outside the gym into your day to day living.

Darryl

Last edited:

dyingtolive

i agree with darryl.. make sure its Your path. Do what you wanna do, but don't be someone that's not you. Follow your dreams

Boxing is a bloody sport. Careers can be short. What are u taking up in college? How about lookin into sports science or careers that don't SUCK. college can't be that bad if its something u love. Good luck..

Honda

I want my path, not copying other people... But i take the bits and pieces I like to have within myself... Those PUA forums have some absurd non-sense... They prey on men that arent good with women, they are informative but i dont buy 1/2 of the stuff they say...

My part of the story is:
Well, city girls which are hard to get and are just 'ínsane'... Most of the girls I experienced are crazy city, brainless party girls, you wouldnt want to do anything with them other than sleep with them.. I live in a place where people get ****faced and laid on a daily basis and it seems like the most evident form of fun out there... Its insane but heck, most people are of such nature there... You think you want at least 5% of the action... Cuz im bored here to find myself out of place.. This love romance disney crap feels out of place completely, the girls I met just want fun, lots of fun and thats it... Im not the best person to provide them with it..

Heck, I love my training, it keeps me alive and I would want to keep doing it for the rest of my life... Though I'd hate that work would ruin it for me..
Im not gonna ditch work or college, that would be stupid but I would not want these items to take me far away from the things i love to do in life...

Negative thoughts always come and go inside my head but i can manage to control it, I dont have a problem with my feelings most of the time..

Finally, lets face it... I mean the way I look at it... Were nothing but a bunch of timid and weak people trying to justify our weakness along with the fact that society is merciless and more competitive than ever... Why dont we just go with the flow and live with the reality... I dont have a sickness, I was just too scared and weak to face the harsh reality of this world.. Maybe It was the way I was brought up or cuz I had a bad childhood being bullied and took me years to get over it... Doesnt matter now, I believe Im taking the right steps in my life so far, all i need is more money and a better career to get more where I want... Thats 1 reason, im signed up for a Masters Degree in Quality Management... On my way there, Id like to enjoy myself aswell..

Last edited:

Feathers

It's good you want Your path, not someone else's copy...

hmm, I do see some disdain for women in your reply, Honda.. Some girls may just want fun, some may want more... It depends which girls and where you meet them... Also, many girls may 'put up a front' or may dress and dance sexy, and men can TOTALLY misunderstand that sometimes!!
They may work or study hard during the day or even 'have a brain' and may just want to 'let go' and dance the night away... to RELAX... and have FUN yup.. not necessarily to get played by a 'playa'...??

Many girls may look like they 'just want fun' when actually they may want something more real and meaningful too... (And you'd never guess it from their Facebook profiles or 'outward appearance' sometimes!!)

Also, some may feel like it's expected from them to be what media seems to tell them to be or what they think guys expect from them??

I wonder how many girls are you friends with, do you have a sister or female cousins etc?
Would you say these things about your sisters and cousins too? (Or if you ever have daughters??)

Sure, it's good to have FUN!! Is sleeping with a different girl whose name you barely remember in the morning every night really *such* fun? (especially if she *is* kinda 'brainless'??) What if one of them gets pregnant etc? Or stds or such? (yeay fun!)

You do seem to be surrounded with 'materialistic' people yup, if you look at things this way...

Training/sports/exercise is great, and it's good to have a plan in life...
It's good to balance work/college and training/sports and fun too!!

There are a lot of FUN things except sleeping around though too!! And if people around you don't think so, maybe you wanna look at what kind of people you hng out with and maybe start hanging with some different people too??

I'm glad you think 1/2 PUA forums are non-sense, I kinda agree.. Some possibly useful pointers for SOME guys, but some seem to take it as 'religion' and only go for 'numbers' too...??

You seem to be sort of full of contradictions - in another thread you say people where you live are 'too materialistic' and now you seem to want exactly the same things too, like it's the only way to go?? (Or maybe I have confused you with someone else on the forums?)

With your 'Quality' MA, wouldn't you at least wish to hang out with 'quality' girls?? huh?? (and I don't mean just bra size etc!!)

Last edited:

fitftw

not all Alpha men are nice people. Not all non-Alpha people are nice either. There is NO WAY TO DEFINE A GENDER. There are simply TOO MANY VARIABLES. End of thread. I am in a horrible mood today, but I am right. I need to hit the gym tonight.

Feathers

not all Alpha men are nice people. Not all non-Alpha people are nice either. There is NO WAY TO DEFINE A GENDER. There are simply TOO MANY VARIABLES. End of thread. I am in a horrible mood today, but I am right. I need to hit the gym tonight.

yup, you are right :) hehe Darryl wrote it well too!!

Have fun at gym!! And say hi to hedgehog!! :D

mikebird

Banned
Feathers

You might be right.

I remember of times long gone, when my girlfriend took up a martial art (nothing particularly marital in her interests...) which I think was Aikido? Not Tae kwan do?

When we all went to a pub one night, having a game of pool with the tutor, he was keen to put me straight onto the floor with a single move. I wonder what his agenda was. I didn't like it and nor did my girlfriend. Maybe a way to get a new student. Either to show off the move or to discuss it in a salesman's pitch might work, depending on each prospective student's outlook.

AGR

Also, many girls may 'put up a front' or may dress and dance sexy, and men can TOTALLY misunderstand that sometimes!!
They may work or study hard during the day or even 'have a brain' and may just want to 'let go' and dance the night away... to RELAX... and have FUN yup.. not necessarily to get played by a 'playa'...??

Many girls may look like they 'just want fun' when actually they may want something more real and meaningful too... (And you'd never guess it from their Facebook profiles or 'outward appearance' sometimes!!)

YouTube - ‪Dave Chapelle on how women dress.‬‏

fitftw

^ perfect example. women shouldn't dress provocatively and expect a positive response from men. Positive meaning non-sexual. That's just stupid.

MsBuzzkillington

^ perfect example. women shouldn't dress provocatively and expect a positive response from men. Positive meaning non-sexual. That's just stupid.

Really? So we have to dress a certain way in order to get respect? :confused::rolleyes:

We can't wear whatever we feel like because being too provocative is too sexual, so we better not do that other wise guys will grab our butts and we "deserve it" because of how we are dressed?

fitftw

^ I wouldn't touch you or say a word to you. I'd give a couple of looks/stares in hopes that you don't see me looking. That's all.

Other men though, who knows. PS. why did you delete me from facebook lol

Last edited:

Feathers

LOL Dave Chapelle ROCKS!! :)

hehe Yeah I can see how it can be confusing to men, yup...

Then again, to have a guy (middle aged, family father... okay not really orthodox but still??) say 'she wears tight pants she must like sex A LOT' can make you go 'uhhh??'

(especially if you're wearing tight pants-capris because they're FASHIONABLE and 'in' - you guys can see how this makes girls confused too, right??

There are girls who may never have had sex and they may be wearing tight pants too so huh??)

To have magazines say what's 'IN' and 'OUT' and tell you what to wear, and MTV videos tell you what's 'in' and then you wear it all proud to be 'in' and then some old perv thinks you're a hoe?? or 'easy'?? huh??

There is a lot of CONFUSION out there: ladies and gentleman, for both guys and girls...!! :)

And yeah, you can be 'Alpha' and still a gentleman and respectful to ladies too...

There are even some ladies/girls who may really like just 'casual' dating - not all of them though, and make sure you're on the same track before you go into anything iffy with her!!

Some may be flattered by attention, some may be really annoyed (especially if they get too much of it, or too much just all in the same way...) stares and no talk can make her wonder about you too (is he a really nice shy/sa guy or a possibly-perv or does he hate me/dislike me or...?) yeah, it can be confusing for girls too..

Instead of saying 'girls are brainless' isn't it better to try to inspire and educate them about it? (Which is apparently what David Chapelle is doing lol!! It is a bit confusing that he sounds at the end of it much like my pretty religious/conservative parents though??)

So we can ask ourselves - where does one's freedom of expression and creativity and 'right to dress as one wants' end, and where does 'burqa wearing' begin (and I'm against prohibiting women/people to wear burqas too!! if they WANT to - not if they are forced to wear something because others think they must, in order to be deemed 'respectable'-??!!)

Of course these are extremes... (and some muslim wear is very beautiful and classy too..)

I think maybe partly Dubai might be going into 'another extreme'?? Or at least parts of it??

I don't want to 'disempower' anyone... Just to make you THINK... (And you don't have to think too much, cause ACTION is still good too!! Just make sure it's the right kind od ACTIONS that is REALLY aligned with your goals, not just some James Bond fanatasy!!)

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
@Honda - I understand everyone's answers and think it should be taken in consideration, but on a more positive note, I think boxing or doing ANY challenging sport on a regular basis can only bring you good. I think also maybe some people see the "boxing community" from a stereotypical point of view and it may explain, along with the title of your thread, why everyone seems to think that you are fascinated by a bunch of macho players. If you are talking about 2 guys (your coach and his friend/student) devoted to their sport, with great personnalities and values that you admire (being popular with women doesn't force one to sleep with them and treat them like crap - lots of people just really like the flirting game), I think it's great that you found such friends. You can stay at school, get a job and keep boxing in your free time for the rest of your life, and meet people who enjoy life and like sharing their passion. How could this be wrong?

On the other hand, my definition of the Alpha Men has nothing to do with all this.