A Place to Introduce Yourself

Laynehip

Hello I am Layne from Regina, Saskatchewan.
I have been suffering with shyness/social anxiety my entire life but now that I am just about done with schooling and started to be getting into "real" jobs I feel like it really affects my being able to "join the team" and doing the social aspects of my job.
That and my inability to talk to girls/meet people ha.

niki1

Hi I am Niki, from Australia, im 20yo.
Have been a fan of this site for a long time, but never built up the courage to post anything. I love this site, its comforting to know that there are others out there that are experiencing similar things :)

MikeyC

Hi I am Niki, from Australia, im 20yo.
Have been a fan of this site for a long time, but never built up the courage to post anything. I love this site, its comforting to know that there are others out there that are experiencing similar things :)
Greetings, fellow Australian. :)

mochaluv

Through prayer I stumbled over this site and with out a doubt I knew it was non other than a blessing from God. Weight has been lifted from my shoulders knowing now I have a place where I can discuss my problem with others who could offer helpful advice and vise versa. I always felt I too were the only one with social anxiety and although it may not be as severe as others who also suffer from it, It's still a very serious issue that needs to be addressed more often and publicly.

Sora

I'm 21, and I guess I've always had social phobia...I wasn't diagnosed with it until a year or so ago, but when I was a kid I only saw one therapist who didn't seem to care about my problem and seemed very uneducated(well none of them have really seemed to care but that one never really tried to explain anything to me, he just made me feel stupid by asking the same question a bunch of times: "Why don't you like being around people?")
But I remember even a long time ago I never liked being around people and I've always been really nervous around people, except my parents. When I first started kindergarten(the first time I really had to be alone with strangers) I always used to cry, not wanting my mom to leave me...and that went on all year. And it never stopped...of course as I got older, I stopped crying for my mom/wanting to go home, but the nervousness never went away and I very often felt like crying but of course I held it back. When I got in high school I had to be homeschooled due to my nervousness from social phobia, and due to the other kids bullying me(which just made it a billion times worse on me--I'll never understand why people are so cruel. Sometimes I feel that I'm not human because I've never fit in anywhere and I imagine that I never will)...so anyway, homeschool helped me ALOT for those years, but now I've graduated and I have to work so now things are really hard on me again and I don't know what to do. :? :(

Aww! I just wanna give you a big hug even though I know that would probably make you feel uncomfortable so it's best that I can't! *pretend far away hug!*

I have never being declared with any kind of illness though much of how people are describing things on this forum applies to me. Currently self employed so none of this affects me much and I work from home, usually alone a lot too but it's starting to get too much for me now, I feel very lonely but even when I am around people I feel alone and very different to them. Much like you are saying I don't really feel like I fit in or connect with people that much, it's very few and far between but I just want you to know, you're not an alien :) and if you are well then your the best damn alien ever! you can be my alien friend...

Hello to you my name is Kev! and hello everyone else, I suppose this is my introduction at the end of that big paragraph :)

Hi everyone,I'm a 17-year old guy from Italy.I've stumbled upon this forum in Dec 2010 and made an account shortly afterwards but was unable to post anything.

I'm introverted,shy and socially awkward.Besides,my self-esteem is pitifully low as is my assertivity.Lately,I've been dangerously leaning towards major depression too.

Now that it looks like I have gathered up some courage,I plan on writing a better
introduction soon.With this post,I just wanted to write something to break the ice.(I hope I've managed to...::eek::)

English is not my first language so I apologise in advance if you find any grammatical or puntuaction horrors :D

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Hi everyone,I'm a 17-year old guy from Italy.I've stumbled upon this forum in Dec 2010 and made an account shortly afterwards but was unable to post anything.

I'm introverted,shy and socially awkward.Besides,my self-esteem is pitifully low as is my assertivity.Lately,I've been dangerously leaning towards major depression too.

Now that it looks like I have gathered up some courage,I plan on writing a better
introduction soon.With this post,I just wanted to write something to break the ice.(I hope I've managed to...::eek::)

English is not my first language so I apologise in advance if you find any grammatical or puntuaction horrors :D

Heyas and welcome to SPW! Glad you returned I did the same when I first joined in 2008 didn't use then returned Decemember 2010 and has been a great thing!

Don't worry about your grammar and stuff. You get a free pass:

grammarpolice.jpg

:D

Mr.Prez

Oh hey I'm new too. Let's see... I'm from Canada, have had SA since I was born, probably have aspergers as well but that's still up in the air, I get very very nervous whenever I talk to anyone (especially someone I'm attracted to) and as a result, I basically have no one to hang out with in the real world. On the rare occasion I do find someone to hang out with, I always pick up the tab as a reward for them hanging out with me; however, they don't want to hang out with me again in the future for some reason. I try to be a really friendly and funny person, but whenever I compliment someone or try to make a joke, I end up offending someone :( I guess it's because I was always picked on, bullied, and beat up in school when I was younger (somehow bullying doen't really seem to end when you're an adult) so that's why I am so afraid of being around other people. For some reason, it feels like I don't deserve to have friends or be in a relationship. It's not for lack of trying, it's just no matter how hard I try, people don't want to be my friend. Having a very judgemental family doesn't help either.

Ms Cloud

For some reason, it feels like I don't deserve to have friends or be in a relationship. It's not for lack of trying, it's just no matter how hard I try, people don't want to be my friend.
I'll be your friend. I'm weird though, so be warned.

Dex Dorrey

Oh hey I'm new too. Let's see... I'm from Canada, have had SA since I was born, probably have aspergers as well but that's still up in the air, I get very very nervous whenever I talk to anyone (especially someone I'm attracted to) and as a result, I basically have no one to hang out with in the real world. On the rare occasion I do find someone to hang out with, I always pick up the tab as a reward for them hanging out with me; however, they don't want to hang out with me again in the future for some reason. I try to be a really friendly and funny person, but whenever I compliment someone or try to make a joke, I end up offending someone :( I guess it's because I was always picked on, bullied, and beat up in school when I was younger (somehow bullying doen't really seem to end when you're an adult) so that's why I am so afraid of being around other people. For some reason, it feels like I don't deserve to have friends or be in a relationship. It's not for lack of trying, it's just no matter how hard I try, people don't want to be my friend. Having a very judgemental family doesn't help either.

i want to be your friend

YellowBird

I think it's the other way around THEY don't deserve YOU,think about it logically,someone tries their best to be friendly to you and in many ways shows you they like you and you go and be an arse,who is the 'bad guy' in the story,the caring,friendly one or the rude,self centered one?Have faith,don't push yourself too much and focus on what makes you happy and when the time is right you'll get what you want.:)

Sophoboss

Hey everyone, I just registered for this forum and this is my first post. I'm 18 years old and in college. I am a naturally reclusive person. I literally only leave my dorm room for meals and classes. I wouldn't say it's because I'm scared to go outside, I just wouldn't know what to do if I ever did. I don't know anyone and there is not much to do outside by yourself. I do get ridiculously nervous in some social situations though, like giving speeches in front of classmates.

Of course, like all of us, there is more to me than my social troubles--

One of my favorite things in the world is music. I enjoy almost every genre, depending on what I'm in the mood for. Aside from that, I really enjoy video games and talking with people online. I am studying computer science and I hope to start my own software company someday.

So... that's me in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to meeting you all :)

Lord_Spotface

Hello all, the names Jerry. I'm a 20 yr old oddball from Brisbane Australia.
I've had anxiety & depression for a long time, probably from high school ****, and over the past few years have been on and off various medicines and drank more than I really should.
I've been attempting social interaction, found it to not be that hard or terrifying (as I'd previously been freaking out about), and then became generally anti social. Guess I'm just naturally an introvert eh, what can you do?
I've always tried to keep a good sense of humor about me and laugh at my situation and mistakes that I've made, as I find it helps to keep off the depression.

Music and art are two things which I'm fairly big on. Music-wise I listen to mostly punk, metal, rocknroll, alternative, ska, hardcore, psychobilly, rock, reggae and a little bit of old school hip hop (public enemy ftw mofo!).
On the art bit, I paint in my spare time, usually abstract/surreal/expressionist pieces, things that express current feelings and attempt to capture human emotions and I do a bit of drawing, I'm currently writing a comic about superheros with personality/mental disorders and social problems. Yes, I understand these things are serious and that people do suffer from them, but well, you gotta laugh haven't you?
Other things I'm doing with my life are working in a kitchen with the goal to secure an apprenticeship and become a chef. Probably the best job for someone who doesn't like dealing with people too much.

Anyhow! That was a lot longer than I intended and I apologize for boring you with that wall of text.
So I'll leave it at that,
Hello again and good bye.