A Place to Introduce Yourself

Dead_on_Arrival

Hi peeps,

I guess I jumped the gun and went straight to a new thread and chatbox due to being in the moment before I introduced myself.

I am Allen and was only recently diagnosed OCD despite being 34 and having issues since I was about 5. My issues started through abuse and developed into social anxiety soon after. I was brought up through social care housing due to my father being a social worker and living in house with the juveniles he took care of.

I never found it easy to make friends and would regularly end up in trouble for fighting with the friends I did have thus alienating them. I would hide myself away from the world and became a loner until I left high school. I never went back into the education system but went from job to job trying to find somewhere to belong.

I married almost 9 years ago after a whirlwind romance with the woman I love who also has anxiety issues. We have a 9 year old daughter and our son is 21. I call him our son although he is technicaly my step son. He is the reason my wife suffers the way she does as he was born with Cystic Fibrosis. Luckily our daughter is "normal", the only one in a disfunctional family.

I start Uni next month, which is what brought me here looking for similar people, and I am anxious as hell. So much so that it has me doubting morality. Damn this thing is twisted.

Well, thats me.

Lilly

Hello everyone, my name is Lilly and I'm so glad I found this site. I feel less alone reading your posts :)

Dead_on_Arrival

Hello everyone, my name is Lilly and I'm so glad I found this site. I feel less alone reading your posts :)

Hi Lilly, welcome to the best place on earth to be when you feel alone and anxious. Glad you found us. I am new to this place like you and have found it a great place to be with awsome peeps

Hi all. I was really glad to come across this website while surfing the web, so I thought I'd sign up and get to know others who hopefully share my feelings.

UnderTheBoughs

Introducing myself...

I'm 21 years old, male, I'm from the UK. I don't know when the SA started, but I suspect it began developing when I was around 11 or 12. Before that time I remember being quite normal.

.....I'm going to leave it there or I'll keep analyzing and re-writing the message, I could be here all night.

Have lots to say. Dunno what is too much. I could give my entire life story. Marissa. Age 22. I have depression along with SA. Serious need for a friend and therapy. I'm happy I found you guys. Too scared to put anything else.

Am now flipping out about my post. Everyone always told me I was too analytical. Guess its not a personality trait. Add sweating to that now.

Thank you. I have never met anyone with SA. I'm nearly in tears. Its so lonely being like this when it feels like there is nobody who knows what you go through on a daily basis.

Thank you. I have never met anyone with SA. I'm nearly in tears. Its so lonely being like this when it feels like there is nobody who knows what you go through on a daily basis.

I know how you feel. That's why all of us are here.If you ever find yourself lonely or depressed feel free to talk to me :)

Introducing myself...

I'm 21 years old, male, I'm from the UK. I don't know when the SA started, but I suspect it began developing when I was around 11 or 12. Before that time I remember being quite normal.

.....I'm going to leave it there or I'll keep analyzing and re-writing the message, I could be here all night.

Hi and welcome to the site :)

ocdmap

hi, i'm very new to this forum. i'm a 29 year old female in new york and i've been suffering from ocd/sp since i was 12 or 13. i have a lot of compulsions and fears, which make it difficult for me to concentrate or maintain friendships. i spend all of my free time alone in my apartment. it's nice to know that there are people like me out there.