A Place to Introduce Yourself

Mr_Vabanque

Hi everyone.
I accidentally stumbled over this forum, read a bit here and there for a while and eventually decided to give it a go. I'll just cut my introduction to: Guy in central europe having various issues.

Inferiorpotter

Hi, so this is where I introduce myself huh?
Okay, so I am from Southern California Los Angeles. I named me inferiorpotter because last night I was watching harry potter and I thought I wanted to combine with my inferiority and ****. I know it doesn't make any sense.
Anyway, I m in my early 30's, still living at home and still trying to figure out with what to do with my life. I am not 100% sure if I have this social "Phobia" One thing is for sure, I am not socializing and it's has been like that for a while. I recently found out that I have been suffering from inferioritycomlex all my life and it really surprised me because I never conciously thought and told myself I am inferior but judging and anaylizing my automatic thoughts, now I know I have it. So I hope I can benefit from this forum and contribute something as well. THank you!

BratBaby

Hello I just joined last night I pretty much have been quiet most of my life (im 24 now) but started noticing id get real shy and worry alot about what others were thinking about me in high school & thought I had it for a while after that but I didnt get diagnoised until a few years ago I now see a therapist to help me with it though so thats good..I thought id join a forum again because ive been more anxious lately.

Purplepixies

Call me Essie. I'm from NYC.
To make things short:
I was no one from day 1 = Kindergarten.
So it happened for elementary school, and junior high, Same for High school.
No matter what school i went to, no matter how friendly I was. ( I tried hard for years, i forced myself. I was the perfect dieter, I even made the cheer leading team.) And Still people would make fun of me. I was always trying hard to be 'normal' to just like what everyone else did, dress and act the same. I'm now 20 and I still can't do it nor I will ever be normal. No friends I care about, never been with someone I liked. ( I had bf's but because I was afraid of not being normal I dated anyone) Like I said, I forced myself to make people believe I was happy. And I'm still the same, Doing things just to appear normal. Except for dieting. I'm not alive I'm just breathing.

outoftheboxalex

Hi Everyone

I guess this is where one makes themselves known...i hope this forum will help me with my social anxiety and provide me with a place i can find some understanding and support

thomas90

Hi, Im Tom and I love music. Im successfully defeating my social anxiety and one day it will be completly gone! I believe that positive thinking and babysteps is key to life. I hope your all having a good day :)

SLikeSascha

Hello, my name's Sascha.
I decided to join this forum because I noticed how little I have changed in the past few years. I actually though I had made a lot of progress but I'm basically still the same insecure and uncomfortable person.
Anyway, I hope this place will give me an opportunity to talk to people who are similiar to me. :)

Hello future friends,
My name is Katie :] I'm 20 and have been dealing with social anxiety since middle school. Not many people realize the pain I'm in during every conversation because I hide behind humor. I crack jokes so that no one suspects that I'm self-conscious. I spend hours every day planning out every possible social interaction; I constantly wonder if the people around me think I'm stupid. Many people think I have naturally rosy cheeks; they don't know that my cheeks are burning with embarrassment even though I'm laughing at a really good joke.

Much like any person with social phobia, I have my vices. Along with humor, I hide behind books; they transport me to a different world where I don't have to feel judged. I also smoke a lot of weed because it loosens my inhibitions and makes me feel more comfortable in my surroundings.

2 years ago I got kicked out of college. I never went to class because I felt so uncomfortable being around all of those strangers (I puked on 2 different occasions, barely making it to the bathroom). It was a huge blow to my ego; I felt worthless because I had allowed this disease to consume my life so much. I failed 3 classes and tried to end my life; thanks to my stranger room mate, I'm still here to talk to you today :]

Through all of this, I'm still very proud of myself. I've made a lot of changes in 2 years and I'm so proud of all of my accomplishments (no matter how minor). I've realized that I am not invincible and that my mind may in fact be a little more fragile than the average person's. I challenge myself more and more every day so that I can work towards getting back to school and ultimately having a better life :]

My goal in life is to have a family of my own who I can be myself with 100% of the time. Anyway, that's basically my life in a nutshell, hope to get to know all of you better :]

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Hello future friends,
My name is Katie :] I'm 20 and have been dealing with social anxiety since middle school. Not many people realize the pain I'm in during every conversation because I hide behind humor. I crack jokes so that no one suspects that I'm self-conscious. I spend hours every day planning out every possible social interaction; I constantly wonder if the people around me think I'm stupid. Many people think I have naturally rosy cheeks; they don't know that my cheeks are burning with embarrassment even though I'm laughing at a really good joke.

Much like any person with social phobia, I have my vices. Along with humor, I hide behind books; they transport me to a different world where I don't have to feel judged. I also smoke a lot of weed because it loosens my inhibitions and makes me feel more comfortable in my surroundings.

2 years ago I got kicked out of college. I never went to class because I felt so uncomfortable being around all of those strangers (I puked on 2 different occasions, barely making it to the bathroom). It was a huge blow to my ego; I felt worthless because I had allowed this disease to consume my life so much. I failed 3 classes and tried to end my life; thanks to my stranger room mate, I'm still here to talk to you today :]

Through all of this, I'm still very proud of myself. I've made a lot of changes in 2 years and I'm so proud of all of my accomplishments (no matter how minor). I've realized that I am not invincible and that my mind may in fact be a little more fragile than the average person's. I challenge myself more and more every day so that I can work towards getting back to school and ultimately having a better life :]

My goal in life is to have a family of my own who I can be myself with 100% of the time. Anyway, that's basically my life in a nutshell, hope to get to know all of you better :]

Hi Katie, and welcome to the site. I'd like to hear about how you challenge yourself and the positive changes you've made. :)

Invisibleman

Hello future friends,

I know what you mean about the college thing.Im 17 so im not in college yet but im worried that I wont go at all because my anxiety is so crazy. The university im looking at has like over 30 000 students and I feel like puking when I think about it.im starting to think I might just go to community college just because I cant handle full university campus::(:

THeCARS1979

Hello my name is Steve and I joined Social Phobia World about a week ago. Ive had social phobia my whole life and making progress with therapy.
Steve

paul1759

hi my name is paul i have just recently joined and i was just wondering what percentage of people introduce themselves here before posting or answering a question? thanks