A Place to Introduce Yourself

Lexis

Hi everyone, I'm new here too. My mind was blown away when I stumbled upon this site. I never knew such things existed, untill now. I'm 16, female, living a simple life and I've always had SA to some degree, only it got worse in my grade 6 year. I have a really hard time talking to other people, going out in big crowed events/places and trying to do simple things because of my fears and worries. Highschool is tough for me and I really hope to break this SA before I graduate. I always thought it was only me who had social problems but this site has proven me wrong. Its nice to know I'm not the only one. :)

nonsuch

I think I am situationally socially phobic. I have made a living (sort of!) for many years as a radio jock, and a teacher. (irony anyone?)
I routinely have had to speak in front of large groups of people, introduce artists/musicians on stage, etc...but when I try to talk to a stranger, especially one of the opposite sex, I won't say I fall to pieces, but its difficult for me, and I feel like I usually get shot down. I've been married twice, and the last woman I dated broke up with me 3 times over the course of almost 6 years. I am still hoping that we can reconcile. I know I'm stronger than I was, but then again, I don't want to get shot down again.

Dark_Angel

hi i'm new here.
i have had an eating disorder for many years, and i'm always making these plans for getting better, but as time goes on i find myself in exact self position with plus another year of life lost for nothing.
sorry, i'm just on another wave of depression period right now.

Hi latte , do u know that latte in italian means milk?^^ anyways dont worry can't rain forever i hope u can find here better , welcome to SPW =)

evernight

Hi, my name is Jeff, I joined a while ago, but never got around to doing the introduction thing.:) I figure I'd do it now, since I'm sure I'll be on here more.

Nice to meet ya'll!

katgrrrl

Hi!

New here as well.. Hope to find help and to be helpful. Many different issues I have.. Anxiety.. depression.. SA.. facial sweating.. etc etc lol

Glad to be here and hear from others and not feel alone!::eek::