You may not see me on here anymore come October, I'm gonna become free

psych

Best of luck to you!

I once hopped on a bus, with one packed bag. Headed off to live with friends halfway across the country... I was only seventeen. :)

I had big dreams... It didn't play out all that well... But, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

It sounds like this is better planned than that was.
beerchug.gif

shakethelight

I remember when I wanted to volunteer abroad but my mom talked me out of it. I think it's wonderful that you aren't letting anything get in your way. Life is way to short. I wish you & your friends nothing but the very best.
Safe travels.

lonely_drummer

Thanks for the support guys. We're still looking for boats. There seems to be a lot for sale at our price range so the choice is very difficult. It's actually pretty funny what happened yesterday. Me and one of the others going in on the boat were talking about how to bring this up to our parents lol. My friend said he was just gonna go out and tell them then that he got a boat and is living on it lol, easy for him, his parents live on the opposite side of the country. Mine live 30 minutes away and I figured I'd tell them in a couple months that I'm moving to the island. So we had our plans and were set. Then just a couple hours later my friends sister was over and as she was there, their parents called her cell and she just flat out blurted that my friend was buying a boat and I could not stop laughing. So he had to talk to them right then and there all about what we were gonna do and yeah it was just really funny. THEN, not even an hour later my mom phoned me just to talk and I somehow just blurted out that I needed to save money for a boat, stupid me!!! So yup, that's how well our plans went lol. I still rigt now can't stop laughing, it was so funny.

MollyBeGood

Oh Wow I am so happy for you and best of wishes! Please keep us posted. You must keep a journal and obviously don't stop making awesome music no matter =)

THeCARS1979

Howdy everybody. I normally don't start threads on here but this one seems worthy enough to post. I am changing my life. I am going to enjoy the basics of life, the beauty of life and nature. I am going to live an adventurous life, living day to day not knowing what will come the next day, instead of laying around drenched in fear. I am going to skip out on the average life I expected to have.

Just recently I've been feeling the pressures of society once again. Having people like my mom trying to nose her way in and sink ideas of getting a stable job and working my ass off. I want to live not work, I know sounds funny to a lot of people. Im getting sick of the expectations society is putting on us and two of my very close friends are feeling this way as well. I am running low on money and as of a few days ago my master plan was to try and get a temporary job to make a bit of money or if it ran out I will just go off and wander into the woods again and see how that goes. It'll be way better than laying around in this disease filled city till I die. But then me and my best friend came up with an idea. We're going to save a few thousand dollars each(between the three of us) and go out to Vancouver island and buy a sailboat and live in it. Try and get a government grant for some crown land out there so we can start growing food and just sail around, enjoying life and if we need money just find some work along the way. Me and one friend are going to leave at the end of September to go fruit picking in throughout BC and then head to the island to get the boat, which we may already have found lol. It's going to be awesome, absolutely amazing. This is something I know for a certain 100% guaranteed fact that I have to do. So this is my plan and really hope it works out but I will be with two really good really determined people that I know will watch out for me and I will do the same for them, I consider these guys my family. I just cannot begin to imagine how liberating this is going to feel. So come October you probably won't hear from me. I may pop in after a while to keep u all posted

good luck whatever you decide to do

lonely_drummer

Hey. Well, plans have changed since the last time, which is expected. Things never work out the same. So, we decided it was hard to find the right boat for us. So, we're buying a sweet RV and heading out to Vancouver for the winter to work and save a bunch of money. We're leaving at the end of September so its coming up quickly. We are going to hit apple and grape picking season on the way out to Van so that'll be sweet. So yeah, come spring time, we will then by a boat and probably go on an epic journey down south somewhere, most likely california, yeeeaaaaahhHH!!!