You may not see me on here anymore come October, I'm gonna become free

lonely_drummer

Howdy everybody. I normally don't start threads on here but this one seems worthy enough to post. I am changing my life. I am going to enjoy the basics of life, the beauty of life and nature. I am going to live an adventurous life, living day to day not knowing what will come the next day, instead of laying around drenched in fear. I am going to skip out on the average life I expected to have.

Just recently I've been feeling the pressures of society once again. Having people like my mom trying to nose her way in and sink ideas of getting a stable job and working my ass off. I want to live not work, I know sounds funny to a lot of people. Im getting sick of the expectations society is putting on us and two of my very close friends are feeling this way as well. I am running low on money and as of a few days ago my master plan was to try and get a temporary job to make a bit of money or if it ran out I will just go off and wander into the woods again and see how that goes. It'll be way better than laying around in this disease filled city till I die. But then me and my best friend came up with an idea. We're going to save a few thousand dollars each(between the three of us) and go out to Vancouver island and buy a sailboat and live in it. Try and get a government grant for some crown land out there so we can start growing food and just sail around, enjoying life and if we need money just find some work along the way. Me and one friend are going to leave at the end of September to go fruit picking in throughout BC and then head to the island to get the boat, which we may already have found lol. It's going to be awesome, absolutely amazing. This is something I know for a certain 100% guaranteed fact that I have to do. So this is my plan and really hope it works out but I will be with two really good really determined people that I know will watch out for me and I will do the same for them, I consider these guys my family. I just cannot begin to imagine how liberating this is going to feel. So come October you probably won't hear from me. I may pop in after a while to keep u all posted

PhantomPod

Sounds like a cool plan! I hope we never hear from you again and you live an awesome life and have a blast with your friends! ^_^

Well, ok, maybe stop in and update us on your fun travels, cause that'd be cool to hear about. :)

Phoenixx

Wow, that sounds incredible! If you can, please do pop in once in a while and tell us all about it!

I wish you all the best of luck on your journey come October! :)

SoScared

wow - hope it goes well..one of my favourite and most inspirational books is 'On the Road' by Jack Kerouac. You have reminded me of this book. What a great start to the day…thanks

Kat

It reminds me a little of the book Robinson Cruso by Daniel Defoe. That’s awesome take care :)

Last edited:

Gaucho

owowow, that sounds great, i envy you :) i hope everything goes well.

i got a question, if you like it and things go well, for how many months/years will you do it?

lonely_drummer

Thanks for the support everyone, nomatter what I can always count on you guys. I will definitely stop by every now and then to keep you guys up to date. This is something I have to do. I don't want to feel trapped anymore. To answer your question gaucho, I really don't know how long I will do this for, how ever long I need I guess. Things are constantly changing and I can't stop that just embrace it and accept it. Once again thanks for the support.

Valhalla

I think many have dreamed of doing something like this, but you actually make it come true. Best of luck to you, no matter what the outcome of this will be.

Although, I was kind of wishing you would build a boat and travel to Greenland, Iceland or Scandinavia to settle down there!

Hoppy

Very good luck on your new venture.

(I should show you how many books I've got on sailing voyages, and I've never been on one)