You don't have facebook? then you are a psychopath

Section_31

ha!.

thats too funny.

its not suspicious, its called private. That or what if you just plain dont have a need to be on there or dont want to be?.

people are morons.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
"And this is what the argument boils down to: It's the suspicion that not being on Facebook, which has become so normal among young adults, is a sign that you're abnormal and dysfunctional, or even dangerous, ways."

Gotta love the end paragraph of that Daily Mail article, quoted above. Basically the arguement boils down to this: If you're NOT on Facebook then you're a f**kin' freak! In other words:Join the herd, be like everyone else. Despite the fact we're not all the same. What a load o' pish. Then again, you can't expect any less from the Daily Mail. F*ckin' eejits! Though, I do like how they basically lump people who still value their right to privacy in with people who are psychopaths & serial killers. Seriously...?!
emo29.gif

But as we all know: Privacy is dead - long live Facebook.

Rant over.

Lemonheadzuccini

Its actually pretty boring, and checking all those notifications is too much work most of them are either game requests or someone inviting you to like their page.

planemo

Actually it would be more likely for a psychopath to be on Facebook and to con people into believing they're something they're not.

But generally I think this is yet another way mass media and advertising controls us. "be yourself" is something we hear a lot, but if you choose not to conform, you are labeled negatively. :rolleyes:

Rembrandt Broam

I once had someone on my Facebook post a status saying something along the lines of "If you don't have a Facebook then you must have something to hide, or you're weird, and I don't want to be your friend."

It was a little pointless of them to post that anyway, since the people they were addressing wouldn't even see it on account of them not being on Facebook. :rolleyes:

twiggle

I find people without FB accounts to be quite refreshing actually.
I guess that means I like psychopaths :rolleyes:

twiggle

It was a little pointless of them to post that anyway, since the people they were addressing wouldn't even see it on account of them not being on Facebook. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha just what I was thinking.

And also: Having a FB doesn't mean you're not hiding anything. Who says FB profiles speak the truth? Many people only put the things they want others to see...

Sacrament

Doesn't matter if you do have an account or not. There are psychopaths on Facebook who have a very normal looking profile, and psychopaths who don't like social networks. Such a dumb article.

Also, I'm already predicting that some of you will use this article to get mad because you're not a social creature and the article's basically calling you a psychopath, but please stop it.

gustavofring

I think SA-ers in general tend to antagonize Facebook too much. Seems like bitterness.

I mean, I don't like it that much either, but it's just a website. Don't let it weigh on your soul so much.

gustavofring

I loathe the "if you don't conform you're weird/a loser" mentality

This is what articles such as this would have you believe, but I think it's far from reality. Most people don't give a crap about Facebook, nor take it seriously, and a lot of what we perceive as "sheeple mentality" is our own negative self-talk and negative biases about the world. An "Us, loners VS evil peerpressuring social butterflies" mentality.

But that's just my opinion.