winning the lottery

FOR REAL

Banned
what would you do with the money?
the nicest and best things that people mention are family, friends and charity :)

but what would you personally do.

that route66 thing appeals to me after watching 'fear and loathing' for the millionth time! i would love to just go crazy like that.

theres loads of great things you can do if you had loads of money. you can even book a holiday to the moon these days

so aye, what would yous do ?

AGlife

I would travel the world. Australia..France..Brazil. go on some jungles/safaries and stuff. Would love to see all the types of animals and just explore the world.
Also so some stupid **** like...buy all the pants in the world and just burn them. Start over on making pants world. Jokes...
would probably give most of it away, dont care much for having the biggest house and the nicest car. can be put to better use.

lunarla

Pay for university, travel, etc. I'd want to do something charitable too, but I'd have to think about it. I'd want to actually help with something, myself, like being there. Not just giving money and then being on my way. Maybe I'd expand the SPCA in my town or something. Make it less crowded! Maybe get some of the animals spayed and neutered before they were adopted. But paying for the 10 years of university would be way up too.

Masychefx2

Banned
in all honesty id carry on as i am now cos im a pretty big cheapskate

id probably buy a nice sports car on ebay for relatively low amount

a nice house which is easy to maintain

and i guess having a lot of money would mean i could get all the latest gadgets that are released witout having to wait for the price to go down. (although id probably still look for the best prices, ok i would)

oh yeah id buy my dad a range rover and my mum a convertable

Get surgery/treatments to end my HH forever. Yeahhh boy.
Go back to college.
Buy a gorgeous wardrobe (not joking), go to some great shows, treat back all the friends who've been good to me when I was financially down.
Buy nothing but expensive organic food.
Donate to some of the nonprofits that I've busted my butt fund-raising for.
Pay off all my debts and past due tickets...
Travel. Everywhere. (Okay, I'm more about culture than wilderness, so I'd rather go to Morocco than climb Mt. Everest or traverse the Amazon. I've never been anywhere but Canada, so this is a big one for me.)
Get an ID...
Party hard.
Micro loans.
Not be tacky.

Basically, I hope that I'd invest in myself and be gracious and have fun all at once.

nopark

Oh god it'd be such a relief to win the lotto.

I'd buy a nice house somewhere. I'd help my sister pay off her incongruous loans. I'd buy my parents all they needed. I'd travel. Then I'd start a new business venture of some kind.

And I'd gamble. Oh how I love to gamble :eek:

philly2bits

It depends on how much. Personally I don't think I would want to win any huge jackpots. A sudden influx of millions of dollars would cause me way too much stress. I'd have to hire accountants and lawyers and a whole bunch of other stuff just to get going.

I was watching a show where they interviewed people who had won millions in the lottery. Not one of them said the experience was a good one. Once the excitement wore off and reality got to them, they realized just how much over there heads they were in. Some became targets for lawsuits. A few were even kidnapped and held for ransom. Most lost all the money within a few years. I'd rather not deal with any of that.

Newtype

I would travel all around the world and buy the most insane computer ever!!! But like philly2bits said, I also saw the show he's talking about so I'd be really nervous not to mess anything up.

Chlo

Banned
Clothes, diamonds, flash car, more clothes, id buy a big house with a home cinema give my family and friends.. and such!!

nopark

It depends on how much. Personally I don't think I would want to win any huge jackpots. A sudden influx of millions of dollars would cause me way too much stress. I'd have to hire accountants and lawyers and a whole bunch of other stuff just to get going.

I was watching a show where they interviewed people who had won millions in the lottery. Not one of them said the experience was a good one. Once the excitement wore off and reality got to them, they realized just how much over there heads they were in. Some became targets for lawsuits. A few were even kidnapped and held for ransom. Most lost all the money within a few years. I'd rather not deal with any of that.

The greatness of the opportunities made available by a large sum of money is indeed equalled by the potentially debilitating sh*tstorm.

But I wouldn't want to sacrifice my chances to live my dreams based off of some stories of others. You can be irresponsible, or even unlucky (in the case of the ransomed), but that doesn't need to happen.

Money might not buy happiness but neither does being poor! I like to consider myself a pretty responsible fellow. I'd take my chances with the lottery winnings if it came down to a choice.

Still your point isn't lost on me. It is fun to think about what you'd do with a bunch of cash (other than roll around gratuitously in heaps of dollar bills!) -- but it would really be tough time. Legal issues, and vultures all around waiting to pounce...

philly2bits

The greatness of the opportunities made available by a large sum of money is indeed equalled by the potentially debilitating sh*tstorm.

But I wouldn't want to sacrifice my chances to live my dreams based off of some stories of others. You can be irresponsible, or even unlucky (in the case of the ransomed), but that doesn't need to happen.

Money might not buy happiness but neither does being poor! I like to consider myself a pretty responsible fellow. I'd take my chances with the lottery winnings if it came down to a choice.

Still your point isn't lost on me. It is fun to think about what you'd do with a bunch of cash (other than roll around gratuitously in heaps of dollar bills!) -- but it would really be tough time. Legal issues, and vultures all around waiting to pounce...

I didn't mean I would refuse to turn in a winning ticket if I had one. I was just expressing my concerns if by some chance I won millions in the lottery. I'm sure though that if I did win that show would conveniently escape my memory ::p:

hippiechild

I think I'd buy a positron emission tomography machine to put in my basement... or this thing for a lounge chair
brain-scanning-machine.jpg

Last edited: