Why you no chat in chatbox?

dyingtolive

Im just wondering... the chatbox is always dead ::(:
It used to be so alive in there ::(:
I would love to see people chat there once again :)
A kitten dies for every time no messages are in the chatbox... :....(

Hoppy

I have difficulty enough just posting in the forum, analysing, editing and rewriting every single post multiple times, and then ending up deleting most of them. And now you want me to try chatting?

Flowers-Of-Bloom

We have a chatbox?
I guess it shouldn't be very surprising if no one's willing to talk. Don't look at me, 'cause I'm not volunteering.

dyingtolive

Yes.. at the yellow bottom part of the Header under the logo:

Home USER CP FAQ Community CHATBOX New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Maybe it doesnt appear on some browsers.... hmmm well im using Firefox...

Silatuyok

I did it! But, I'm not much of a chatter, so I probably won't stick around in there, haha. Thank though. :)

Boby

I would chat but I'm afraid I would spend to much time on it :)and time is a rare comodity for me now.

MsBuzzkillington

There is another off site chat room that people chat in. It is usually pretty active. If you want to chat in there you can message me and I will give you the link. I do have to warn you that it is sometimes (and often times) just random chatting and it can get possibly offensive. There isn't a lot of social phobia support type chatting. Although if you need it everyone is always open and willing to listen and help.

Also, chat rooms are scary at first, but eventually it gets a lot easier. So I would challenge anyone who feels scared to go into a chat room to try it. No one cares how little or how much you talk. No one cares what you talk about or what you say. So there is absolutely no pressure.

MrJones

I was terrified of the chatbox at first, I coudn't say a word in there or stay more than 5 seconds without freaking out. It just takes practice :)

dyingtolive

sometimes its just nice to watch people talk randomly and choose when to butt in, or just check back every few minutes or so..

It gives a feeling like you're not alone. It's nice to see people looking like they're alive. It gives some comfort to see real people. i always liked seeing peeps in the chatbox, even if im not in the mood to chat.

MsBuzzkillington

I will add to what dylingtolive said. Sometimes I like going into the chat room just to watch people chat. It does make things feel a little less lonely. Lots of people idle out as well, so is isn't like people wonder why some people aren't chatting (in case you feel worried about that).

Iluv

Sometimes I'll just appear in chatbox and then disappear, like a boss. Catch me if you can.

Rembrandt Broam

I don't chat.
Talking with people in real time isn't really something I can do.

I sort of feel that way too. I'm always amazed that anyone with SA can do that, but I guess it affects people in different ways. I keep thinking I should try it though, just to challenge myself a little.