Why are you so quiet?

Harleyq

"to make you ask questions"

If I had the guts to actually say this, I'd respond with:
"I'm preserving my voice for later when I'm having earth-shattering sex"

Last edited:
cause im an actual psychopath and for there own and my personal well being they should not get involved with me since i should have been shut in an institution years ago

AimeeSP

I tell them the actual reason, because i have social phobia. I'm not ashamed of having social phobia it's just part of who i am, and most the time they like to know more about it which i think is nice :) (people i've only just met, my friends on the other hand pretend i'm just like them).

206Raider

I used to always say I don't know, now I always say becuase that's the way I am and if I have something to say I'll say it

Wow! As a child in school i used to HATE this question. As an adult however, i actually like being asked this. For one, it shows that people are paying attention to me and curious or perhaps concerned that i'm quiet. It gives me a chance to explain myself a little bit, and start an actual conversation!

I would rather be asked this, than to come off as a snob....which has happened to me in the past also.

206Raider

Lol yeah I remember in school if my acquaintance type friends asked me if I was quiet and to talk I would not answer there questions. I would just stand there and shrug my shoulders and then they would ask something else and I would act like I couldn't talk.

Lol yeah I remember in school if my acquaintance type friends asked me if I was quiet and to talk I would not answer there questions. I would just stand there and shrug my shoulders and then they would ask something else and I would act like I couldn't talk.

lol I did that too

Lost Girl

Hha I love the response lost girl. You have a great avatar by the way too, you have such a pretty face

Thank you! Although I can't take any credit for the pretty face. It is a movie-still of Helena Bonham Carter from Fight Club ::p:

Lost Girl

Hmmm a quote my sister once loved just came to mind and seems appropriate...
"Why must one always talk? often one should'nt
talk but live in silence.. the more one talks
the less words mean."
I'm not sure who's words they are, but I dig it.

Krista

I say "Nope, just around people I don't like." and they don't ask again. They also don't come around again lol.