Why are you so quiet?

4nd4s

Honestly, it depends on my mood. If I'm in a good mood, then I'll give them an 'i dunno' and that usually sets them straight. I might even have the courage to tell them that I'm shy. But if I'm POed, I'll just glare. ::p: It's kind of a rude question anyhow...

jthomas

I hate not knowing anything! Even if i can somehow sideline my SA i can't even think of anything to talk about, just keep drawing a blank. People expect an engrossing conversation about something when i only know bits and pieces about random stuff. Depression makes social anxiety so much worse because on top of the anxiety you have no desire to know/do anything. I understand how you feel.

Thanks for understanding. At least you know what i'm going through

sevenroses

I hate questions like this. I had a brutal experience back in high school. I did a speech or presentation where I just walked straight to my desk unable to finish my presentation the instructor left the class and this guy straight out says whats wrong with you why are you so quiet. And another guy said leave him alone that's just the way he is. I just hate when that happens. Comments like that don't exactly help.

harlseq

Even if I started screaming and blurting out whatever bull**** came to mind... they'd all probably still remember as the guy who used to be really quiet.

SPV

I've been asked this question tons of times, but the thing that gets me is that they walk away after-wards not expecting an answer. They pass by asking "Hey why are you so quiet?" and then walk off... Either way, it's not like I'm ever gonna give them an answer, I'll just typically shrug and look away.

IamThisOne

Every time I come up with a witty comeback or something to say, people generally don't listen or it seems to me they don't understand the comeback. Anyway I'm left feeling like a total dumba$$ and them staring at me like I'm a lunatic.

spacefish

thats a terrible question especially when you feel really uncomfortable around the person/people who is/are asking this question. when someone asks me why am I so quiet i just repeat their question to them and then tell them no I am not quiet.. if they have a sense of humor that feels ok but if they dont i start to little bit feel like an idiot.

Richey

I've been asked this question tons of times, but the thing that gets me is that they walk away after-wards not expecting an answer. They pass by asking "Hey why are you so quiet?" and then walk off... Either way, it's not like I'm ever gonna give them an answer, I'll just typically shrug and look away.

i think there is alot of game playing that goes on in the workplace. people just like to be heard and often they like to be seen as arrogant and forceful so that perhaps they will get a promotion some day so if other people notice them being inquisitive and pep-talking. some people also don't like being around quiet people because they come from that popular high school world of only associating themselves with chatty, popular or very good looking people.

i think its really tricky being stuck in a 9-5 job with a bunch of people, its sort of like you are trapped there in the wild and you have to deal with alot of different circumstances. sometimes its great and everyone is nice but other times it can more then a handful.