Why are you so quiet?

Azahara

Answer

Hello!
People doesn´t usually make me this commentary. But when they had tell me this, I feel horrible and I wanted to disappear. Than My negative thought began to start and I never forgot this person and the commentary.
If there is a situation more familiar I simply smile or tell this person in I few words what happen to me.
Anyway, I don´t like very much people who talk too much, they get my head spin.
But the summury is that I feel very bad inside me and usually put another bad experience on my sackbag!

Greetings!

Usually I just kind of roll my eyes and don't reply, hoping that'll make them go away. If I had the social courage to answer, I'd say "It's just the way I am."

PhantomPod

I've been asked that a few times. My response is usually:

*shrug* *chuckle* "...I don't know..." *chuckle* *shrug*

hypnogood

Though no one ever really asks me this question, I don't think this is a kinda lucky thing.

Whether quiet or not, it's just the business of mine. I choose the thing i'd like to do, not other person. So if some ask me this question, i'd like to reply: hi, cause I like it and its just my business, thank you~

Ashiene

once, a few years ago, i had a female classmate keep asking me:

"why are you so quiet? TALK! TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

so now, when people ask me that question, i just say, "i'm just lazy to talk, i'd rather type."

jschuley

I hate it when people ask me this question. Over the years people have said that to me a lot. When I start new jobs, mostly. "are you always this quiet?" "you're too quiet, you need to make more noise." "why are you so quiet?"

It is so mother fucking annoying. The last time I was asked this, like a month ago at my weekend factory job, I said, "I'm just trying to do my job and get out of here," he responded, "eleven hours is a long time to just try to get out of here." I just kind of shrugged and he walked away. It is so annoying for a quiet person to hear that question.

user12053

I got this question two days ago. I had just eaten and someone at work asked me why I was quiet. I told her "because I'm tired, I just ate..."

I try to find answers that they can relate too, otherwise I'd embarras myself.

Remus

Staff member
I used to be an electronic engineer which requires quietness and alot of concentration, so SA wise pretty ideal.

that ended though with throw-away electronics equipment.

So I used my last job at Starbucks over the years to experiment abit, I kinda learnt to "act", seeing it as a stage performance, can be stressful and hard to maintain but it does work, did get on peoples nerves abit from time to time but sod em

bulent

When i was in the army i had to answer this question very often. I was telling them that i was in a huge depression...It was three years ago and no one asks this kind of questions anymore because i'm really lonely and have noone to talk to. Of course i wasn't all silent but when i talk,it was my habit to say negative things about myself all the time. I think i was trying to make others stay away from me insulting myself and giving them a message like "i'm nothing,so don't expect anyhing from me and leave me alone".But i'd be a different person if i joined the army again today. It's such a shame that life has no rehearsals,but maybe its a good idea to take the life we lived until today as a rehearsal of the rest of our lives.

Last edited:

waiting_to_live

Quiet girl

ya, it's even worse WHEN complete strangers ask you,

"ARE YOU A-L-W-A-Y-S THIS QUIET "?

damn.piss me off.

HOLY CRAP. People ask me the same ****ing thing. Sctually just yesterday at work (movie theatre concession stand) someone asked me that. I'm like, you stupid bitch I don't even know you so leave me the **** alone. I said this all in my head of course ^^
I have a habit of mentally degrading people.

xSleepy

I guess I say 'i dont know'. but im not really sure cause i haven been asked that question in a few years. Which is great cause i hate being asked that.

what id really like to say though is, 'i live by the saying... if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all'... or maybe thats stupid to say, idk. 8[

j_brown2

Banned
I say my English not to good, but no one really buys that... I wish I would have the balls and say coz you bore me to death haha

But what's even worse then being asked why are you so quiet is... Do you talk? Can you speak?.. It happened to me once and I felt like Iam appearing like a retard

Last edited:
I just tell them god gave me two ears and one mouth , so I listme more than I speak....Not really I just tell them I really don't have anything to talk about right now, I'm just relaxing.

Erdkunde

I usually say: "a census taker once tried to quantify me. I ate his liver with a nice Chianti..."

Responses range from amused bemusement to genuine fear.