Which is better: Vegetarians or Meat Eaters?

Lea

Banned
I actually feel best when I eat primarily meat, eggs and a few select vegetables. It's what turned me from an obese teen into a lean, strong 20-something. If I could post pics of my body side by side from then and now, people wouldn't believe it - it completely transformed me. Since then I've been very anti sugar, even when it comes to fruit - all I get from it are blood sugar spikes and bad teeth.

Food plans are very personal though, what works for one person doesn't necessarily for another. So to each their own.

Fruit in sugar doesn´t matter, it is natural and not aggresive like refined sugar. About damaging teeth from fruit, I think that´s a nonsense. I agree that sour fruit can be bad for the enamel though.

Waybuloo

Didn't early human brain development increase dramatically, allowing them to innovate and advance? And this happened due to introduction of meat to their diet? So that must mean meat is important for brain growth and development. I don't get vegetarians. Meat tastes delicious and is healthy in moderation. If you think it's cruel to kill animals, they are going to be eaten anyways if left in the wild, that's how the food chain works. Plants have life too, isn't it equally cruel to kill any form of life? Of course it's their right to be whatever they want, vegetarians, vegans, carnivours.

I personally like every type of meat except pork (due to childhood 'trauma'), but I especially prefer fish and all types of seafoods.

Choose organic, free range meat products, at least you know that animals lived a comfortable life and were killed humanely. I don't care for growth hormones much either, and the more natural the better the taste.

I think there's a reason that my body sometimes craves meat, it's telling me that it needs the proteins and fats that meat provides. And as a throwback to my ancestral conditioning that meat is an important part of life.

Last edited:

emre43

I'm a vegetarian and I don't mind if somebody wants to eat meat, it's up to them. I just hate the thought that when eating meat you are eating something that was running around green fields with its family not too long earlier; it makes me feel sick.

emre43

Fruit in sugar doesn´t matter, it is natural and not aggresive like refined sugar. About damaging teeth from fruit, I think that´s a nonsense. I agree that sour fruit can be bad for the enamel though.

Not according to my hygienist.

Felgen

I eat lots of meat because of my high protein diet; my health has never been better. That being said, if I could afford high protein food that had never been a living animal, I'd probably eat less meat.

Thelema

Fruitarian diet is best in my experience, but vegetables are ok as well. Flour and meat things are heavy to digest.

I remember reading a blog by a fruitarian. He said he had been doing it for a while and he felt great...but I'd bet you'd probably suffer major deficiencies eventually.

coyote

Humans are also cannibals.

typically only for ritual purposes

to celebrate the defeat of an enemy, etc.

i think this would be a great idea to incorporate into football

the losing team would have to sacrifice their poorest player to the victors

i'm sure it would increase ratings

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
If I had to kill for my own food I would go vegetarian.

I think I would too. I like meat as much as the next guy, but the thought of having to kill for it makes me shudder. I have no qualms with others killing animals, as long as they are not cruel about or anything. Everything dies eventually right? When it comes to life it's quality over longevity I think. I just don't have it in me to do that.

Lea

Banned
Not according to my hygienist.

Crap. To me it´s just a common sense. Melons or bananas damaging teeth?? :rolleyes:

Also, I know how aggresive is refined sugar to the teeth and to the whole body. Try eating chocolate or something with refined sugar when you are waiting for a new dental crown (and don´t have temporary replacement). It hurts like hell, whereas when you eat fruit, it doesn´t. Proof enough for me. Not to mention that eating chocolates your teeth hurt even with crowns on.

ScaredToBreathe

this is an interesting question

I believe humans are meant to eat meat..we are ominivores...we are hunters...it's in our instinctive nature to do so. however, some people choose not to eat meat, either out of cruelty to animals or to have a more healthy lifestyle. and that is their choice.

i have tried being a vegetarian but i could not keep up with it since i was raised in a meat-eating household. so i eat meat, but i don't like doing so and i try to avoid eating meat as much as possible, like i'll opt for veggie dogs and other alternatives to meat.

even though i think eating meat is okay (other animals kill their prey for food as well as humans do-- it's natural to do so) i do NOT think that the mass slaughtering of animals to mass produce meat is okay. there is so much meat that gets wasted, basically meaning millions of animals killed and throw in the garbage. think of the shelves stocked with fresh meat at your local stores; not everyone is going to buy that much meat before it expires.

the mass meat production should be slowed to a smaller amount of meat, even if that means more shortages at grocery stores (you can live a day or two without meat, cant you? or just buy frozen.) or grocery stores should only be supplied by local farms who can regulate the amount of meat needed to feed the cities around it, plus buying locally means boosts in economy and less transportation needed to ship the meat to to stores.

many people however do not realize the effects on animals when they consume meat or just ignore the farm animal cruelty facts that:
baby roosters are often ground up alive right after they're born and thrown out b/c there's no use for them
hens are often stuffed into crowded cages and die from infections and unsanitary conditions
many animals get their tails and horns clipped, and get castrated, all without any painkillers
some cows are killed inhumanely--sometimes the blade will not thoroughly slice through the neck and the cow is forced to endure excruitiating pain until it bleeds to death
these are just a few things that do happen to animals on some farms that people buy meat from.

be a vegetarian, or eat meat. just dont over indulge or support the inhumane killing or cruelty of farm animals..

Iluv

It's best to have a balance of both. If you spend your whole life avoiding meat eventually (unless you like eating vegetables 24/7) are going to result to carbs to fill you up which is bad for you. My mother and bestfriends are both vegetarians and they both do this and are not in a healthy state ever since they switched. I know how people think going vegetarian will be the healthiest life-style change, not true at all.

Lea

Banned
I remember reading a blog by a fruitarian. He said he had been doing it for a while and he felt great...but I'd bet you'd probably suffer major deficiencies eventually.

I read it too. I said this diet is best, not that I eat it all the time, also because sometimes fruit is very expensive or hard to come by. Still I feel it´s markedly better for my digestion and overall feeling. So I don´t care as much if I have some deficiencies, as long as my body feels better.

Clown

I do think its healthier to eat meat several times a month then not.
But I don''t like the fact how they threat animals these days.
Like they are nothing more then material things, its even
written in the law you get more for detroying a car then torture and kill a animal.
its sick this world, when we even can not threat the animals with some dignity
how can we expect this world is not a crazy mess.
Its not about intelligence, those animals feel as much as pain, sadness etc. as humans do. I expect in about 50 years most of humanity is eating cloned meat and there will be world law which forbids killing animals because it has no purpose

GhastlyCC

Well,It's not like Walking to the meat aisle and eating the kill that others made dosn't make you a good hunter.::p:

Last edited:

twiggle

I eat and enjoy meat but I can't eat too much of it at a time. I'm not really one for steaks but I love chicken (particularly glazed in bbq sauce) and pork.
I think it's good to have a balanced diet, but I do understand why people choose not to eat meat.
even though i think eating meat is okay (other animals kill their prey for food as well as humans do-- it's natural to do so) i do NOT think that the mass slaughtering of animals to mass produce meat is okay. there is so much meat that gets wasted, basically meaning millions of animals killed and throw in the garbage. think of the shelves stocked with fresh meat at your local stores; not everyone is going to buy that much meat before it expires.

That's a good point actually. It does seem sad to think how so many animals will end up in the bin that way.

FriendlyShadow

I actually strongly considered being a vegan when I was younger. I was looking into animal rights and all that jazz and I was upset about the way animals were treated during and before the slaughter...I was a kid though, so I wouldn't take it seriously. Haha!

Anyway...

I agree with all you guys. I don't think either one holds a huge benefit over the other.
Their just about the same, I make some assumption, health wise. So, neither is better then the other. It's all personal preference. Do whatever makes you feel good and you think is right. Just don't judge other's for they're decision.

I appreciate that you recognize that personal preferences should be tolerated, but I disagree that
there is no benefit to either diet. Our digestive systems are much more similar to those of
vegetarian beings than to carnivorous ones; We have the flat teeth and long digestive tracts that
are characteristic of plant-eating animals. Meat eating animals generally have many sharp teeth
and short digestive tracts that allow their waste products to be expelled quicker because
digested flesh putrifies more quickly than digested vegetable matter. So, I am against eating
meat not only because I think it's morally wrong, but also because a vegetarian diet is much
easier and more appropriate for our digestive systems.

Azael

Just wondering. I know some meat eaters say that we are omnivores and that we are supposed to eat animals and that they are a good source of protein. And then I hear Vegetarians saying that the meat sits in your intestines and rots, and that eating animals is animal cruelty. So, which one do you think is right/healthier and why?

We are intended to eat meat, it's our primary source of protein. One in which other means which vegans refer to are wholely inadequate! Eating animals is not cruelty, however the mistreatment of animals whilst alive is. A little perspective and honesty clears this debate up considerably.

Azael

I do think its healthier to eat meat several times a month then not.
But I don''t like the fact how they threat animals these days.
Like they are nothing more then material things, its even
written in the law you get more for detroying a car then torture and kill a animal.
its sick this world, when we even can not threat the animals with some dignity
how can we expect this world is not a crazy mess.
Its not about intelligence, those animals feel as much as pain, sadness etc. as humans do. I expect in about 50 years most of humanity is eating cloned meat and there will be world law which forbids killing animals because it has no purpose

Wishful thinking! Proctor and Gamble (the Rockefellers in particular) are going a long way to protect to slaughtering of animals! With regards to the need not to eat animals as it will be outlawed? I highly doubt that. We never see any benefit from these technologies. Our society is getting physically sicker because it is a more profitable society that way. The only time we will experience any altered meat as a mainstay is if it's designed to harm us. That much is already happening in many areas all over the world.