Where do you see yourselves in 5 years?

DanFC

I've been going through some "moods" recently and I think the above question has put at least some of my thoughts in order; kind of puts certain things in perspective.

xxaimsxx

Oh god i dont want to know! I thought at this age now, 17 that i would be back to 'normal' I said this 2 years ago.

fitftw

working a job I hate, living in a tiny cottage or townhouse alone, and spending all my extra money on drugs and my car.

I have not the faintest idea what I will be doing in 5 years.
I like how John Lennon put it...."Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans":cool:

doubleM

hopefully in 5 years ive accomplished most of what i have planned. ill be out of school with my bachelors degree and working a job i enjoy, moved to a nice place, got my own house, possibly married but at least with a gf...and a few other here and there things to accomplish. in 5 years ill be 34...ugh.
i hope i can accomplish all of that. in reality i may end up jobless, alone, in debt, and still stuck in my parents house. thats my worst fear right now.:(

Honda

^ Good luck man.. Hope it all goes well with you..

About me, I have no idea really but if i keep moving on the same wave im on right now, which i really dont want to, then i see myself waking up everyday driving to a boring office job with almost no purpose, drive, aim or ambition in life...

Aussie_Lad

Probably be studying again by that time. Hopefully living somewhere somewhere a bit nicer than my current place too.

EscapeArtist

I can look at this from the hopeful perspective or from the doomed perspective... depending on which personality I carry with me more often, i'm unsure as to which is more "realistic" or probable.
Hopefully: Either in college studying something having to do with restoring nature's/mankind's balance, in an ecovillage (to discover a place that feels kind of like home), or living out of a car in some kind of small group of cheap-lifers. I expect to be able to push through my anxiety and get there... I expect to have minimal anxiety in 5 years, if I work through it the following years.

Doomed: I'm going to be hopeful and ignore the part of my brain that is prodding me with "what ifs" and "you won'ts" and not even think about how else my life could be in 5 years.

Eri

EscapeArtist, your hopeful perspective is very much like how I (highly unrealistic though) see myself in 5 years or so. I fantasize about finding this little outsider group that believe in simple living. Dumpster-divers, freegans, whatever they're called. Millions of people have tried the middle class type of life, and we pretty much know what to expect of it (I know I'm simplifying, but I can't be bothered right know). I don't really feel I need to try it out aswell, and I'll probably fail at if anyway. So yeah... in 5 years, living a simple life with like-minded people. Hopefully I have a bachelor degree.

drumev

In 5 years I'll be looking for a job, because I would have just got my degree. ;)

what, too positive? ::eek::

Last edited:
In five years I'll be either one step forward, or one step backwards. During my short lifetime I've waited for something or another the majority of times. 5 years, isn't a long time. Not to me.