When you're walking down the street, which way are you looking?

zav943

Do you look straight down or straight ahead of you?

I tend to look straight ahead, but my eye always darts around when I'm approaching people coming my direction. Anyone else do that?

Jake123

Banned
It's awkward when someone is coming in the opposite direction on a narrow sidewalk and you have to move out of the way to not hit eachother lol

zav943

It's awkward when someone is coming in the opposite direction on a narrow sidewalk and you have to move out of the way to not hit eachother lol

I'm a pretty big guy, so usually I'll just muscle them off the sidewalk :D

Everywhere! I'm paranoid of getting mug by people. I do watch my step. Just in case i don't step on hole, nail, poop and garbage. And, i do find coins and money on the road...

MsBuzzkillington

I look straight ahead unless someone is walking towards me. I definitely do the eyes darting around thing and then either putting my head down or to the side. Sometimes I will act like I am text messaging.

I just never know where to look when someone is walking by. Like.. do I make eye contact? for how long? Do I look ahead of me still and ignore them? Do I look and smile and then look away? I just never know where to look, it always feels like walking a million miles until I finally pass them.

Jake123

Banned
lol when I'm walking down the street I have a compulsion to check myself out in the reflection of car windows. It's like OCD I swear. Does anyone else do this?

lunaticbinge

When i pass someone i just keep looking straight forward. I might seem like a dick for not acknowledging them but i don't care. The reaction of the person depends on where you live. If you live in a suburban yuppie type town like I do everyone expects you to make eye contact and say something.

IamThisOne

I hate moving out of the way. Why do I always have to move? Why can't they move once in a while?

Tiercel

I tend to look around, if possible. I guess that's mostly because it's difficult to see any birds if one only looks at the ground in front of one's feet.

But throw another person in my path, and I'll look down and away. Sometimes I pretend to be preoccupied with something, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I even make myself look them in the eye, smile, and say "Hi." But those times are few and far between.

lunaticbinge

I hate moving out of the way. Why do I always have to move? Why can't they move once in a while?

I actually did a little experiment with this back in high school. I found that if i seem occupied with something or talking to someone i'm walking with people will get out of my way. But if i'm looking at or near the person i'm walking towards they will expect me to move for some reason.

IamThisOne

I think I might try to just not move. Just keep walking and if the other person doesn't move then, we will collide. I can then give them a mean look or something.

On the other hand, they might say something to me, in which case I will just cower.::(:

Kiwong

I usually look at people, then look away quickly.

Shopping centres that are crowded with people all coming at you at once, make me feel dizzy and panicky. There is no coincidence that I had my first ever panic attack in a supermarket.

Mr.Moon

I constantly look left-right cause I don't trust drivers these days. I sometimes get a little nervous when someones walking in direction towards me though.

I usually look at people, then look away quickly.

Shopping centres that are crowded with people all coming at you at once, make me feel dizzy and panicky. There is no coincidence that I had my first ever panic attack in a supermarket.

I noticed that as well. They look away quicker than I do. Ah, I'm just slow. Other than that, polite, be the one to move out of way.

Crowded places, snake my way around to find path of least resistance.

Damaged

I always look down at my feet or directly at the person im with or normally fiddle with something on my clothes.

kelskellian

Where there's a lot of traffic I get nervous,and I sont know where to look either,I feel like every car I pass is looking at me,and I get so freaking scared and uncomfortable,its like my whole body stiffens up

truffleshuffle

I tend to look down alot more than strait ahead. I will keep and eye out so not to run into someone but usualy I keep my head down for the most part