When was the last time you dated?

typewriterx

Two years? Three years? I'm not sure. I'm seven-teen and it's considered odd, almost freakish, that I'm still a virgin &don't date. Sometimes, I think society can just suck it. When I was six-teen I got made fun of by a "friend" for being a virgin. :| Whatever. She is now pregnant, and I feel bad for her, and am glad that there are positives to being too nervous to date/etc. anyways.

juju

I have never been on a date in my 34 years of existence.
For the love of god i cant believe there are other people who have made it into their 30's and have never been on a date . Thanks for your honesty - its somehow less isolating knowing im not the only one

I've been on outings with a few girls (long time ago) but I don't think it can be construed as dating, unfortunately .

*Wow, that sounds bleak*

Krista

I'm 21 years old. I got laid at the age of 18.

After then, frequently, but with hookers only.

I had relationship with a girl some months ago though and that was the only "real" relationship I ever had. I think I got the girl because she was kinda fat and not very pretty face, so she also had low self-esteem and it was easy to go with her.

I don't want to sound rude or pass judgement but I don't think that it's very nice to everyone else when you and or other people refer to others as "ugly", "easy" or "fat". For someone who suffers from social phobia you should know that it's things like that that hurt other people's feelings. Have a little bit more empathy and censorship on what you say please.

Last edited:

juju

The only dates I ever had were with my ex-husband- 12 years ago. I didn't have any dates before that (I was 18/19) and I haven't had any since leaving him 3 1/2 years ago. I don't get asked, and I don't even know how/where to find people to date.
even if you did put yourself in a place where you would get asked, would you still go out on a date. I mean is it the fact that as SAD your not necessarily "out there" to date, or is it just that even if you were, that SAD limits this ???

even if you did put yourself in a place where you would get asked, would you still go out on a date. I mean is it the fact that as SAD your not necessarily "out there" to date, or is it just that even if you were, that SAD limits this ???

I would say that it's probably mostly that I'm not "out there" or even know how to be "out there" to date. I can't really speak to how limiting SAD would be to dating itself since I don't really have any experience with it- but I think that were anyone to ask me I would be open to it- I wouldn't say no simply because of my SA.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I think I got the girl because she was kinda fat and not very pretty face, so she also had low self-esteem and it was easy to go with her.

... *cough* =|
I think I know why you might have problems with girls & relationships, other than SA/AvPD.

... Just sayin'

Well, let's see. Last time I dated... A year ago, when I was 16. He was 22.
I don't like relationships very much now though. My personality disorder is becoming more severe and mental health problems + dating - is a very sour mix.

Tiercel

...on those very very rare occasions when I actually meet a nice girl who's fractionally close to my wavelength, she either has a boyfriend or lives the other side of the world or just doesn't like me in the same way....

Yes!

I've never been on any dates, never kissed or been kissed, and currently have prospects for neither. But old ladies seem to love me. So perhaps if I can age well and live long enough....

:D

lyricalliaisons

At least 27 years, 10 months, & 17 days ago.

I don't know how long ago it's been since my previous life, or how long it had been from my last date, to my death. But I know there have been no dates in this life whatsoever.

Haven't dated since last year. Haven't had sex (with another person) since last year...had a few one nighterss and realized how unfulfilling it made me feel so Ive grown out of that phase.

Krista

It's nice to hear people say that they're ok with being virgins. It's not like it's a bad thing although the need for sex sometimes makes it feel that way. I am not one but it's only happened once, I now feel like I could go as long as I want without it because it is overrated at times. I don't over obsess about when it will happen again because truthfully it could happen for anyone if they really wanted it to, I'd much rather wait fifty years to make it happen again with the right person then do it just to say I could or had.

klytus

Never or a couple of weeks ago, depending on whether that was an actual date. It was a nice experience, but not sufficiently pleasant or entertaining to want to do it again any time soon.

There was/is no anxiety. I am genuinely not interested in people/girls any more. There's either no rush to have sex or to date or no desire to. Sure, it would be great to have a romantic partner of the kind I want to have, but it's in no relation to the effort I would have to make to find such a person. Therefore any effort is rendered a waste of precious time and energy by the very nature of the reward.

humansrare

It depends what you constitute as dated. As in a real relationship, almost one year ago...casually dating, about 6 months ago, there were a few guys. None of them talk to me anymore :/