When was the last time you dated?

The only dates I ever had were with my ex-husband- 12 years ago. I didn't have any dates before that (I was 18/19) and I haven't had any since leaving him 3 1/2 years ago. I don't get asked, and I don't even know how/where to find people to date.

releaseme

a date? my dating skills suck, at best, especially with SA.
and its been almost two years since i dated anyone.
i'm broke, and nobody wants to date someone who is broke.
besides, my idea of a date is sitting in a peaceful relaxed setting having conversation.
and not too many women are into just sitting around talking...are they?
i look at the simple things in life...not how much money can be made.
and living close to DC makes finding a woman not "obsessed" with money, a little difficult.
they all want a man who has a fat wallet. so i dont even bother looking anymore.
for them, its about what you are, not who you are.
i'm a who, not a what.

iamthenra

I've honestly been on 3 dates my entire life. All three occurred back when I was 38... I am now 41. Two I met through eHarmony and one from Plenty of Fish. One of the three was from Orlando Florida, the other was from Osh Kosh, Wisconsin... You might say I am desperate to find someone...which is why I was willing to go as far as Florida to find someone... That's about 1500 miles from where I live... 3 hour jet ride from here... Pathetic huh?

Kieran

I've only been on one date in my life... and that was 6 years ago. Doesn't look likely to change any time soon either lol.

Luke1993

I've honestly been on 3 dates my entire life. All three occurred back when I was 38... I am now 41. Two I met through eHarmony and one from Plenty of Fish. One of the three was from Orlando Florida, the other was from Osh Kosh, Wisconsin... You might say I am desperate to find someone...which is why I was willing to go as far as Florida to find someone... That's about 1500 miles from where I live... 3 hour jet ride from here... Pathetic huh?

Actually I admire what you did, it shows your dedication to get someone!

But anyway gentlemen we don't need relationships all we need is a sturdy right hand bwahaha

(Although I do secretly want a relationship like everyone else lol :D)

reslo

i also think it's neat that that iamthenra took the iniative to go on a few dates and make it happen. Let me tell you- dating should get a tiny bit easier as you get older- women live longer than men- i've gone to my mom's single's group a few times- the women way outnumber the men. (the people are mostly from 40's to early 70's)- but next time, you should have someone come to you or meet you halfway :) !

it's been almost 2 years since i've had a date- the guy said he'd call and he never did lol

iamthenra

i also think it's neat that that iamthenra took the iniative to go on a few dates and make it happen. Let me tell you- dating should get a tiny bit easier as you get older- women live longer than men- i've gone to my mom's single's group a few times- the women way outnumber the men. (the people are mostly from 40's to early 70's)- but next time, you should have someone come to you or meet you halfway :) !

it's been almost 2 years since i've had a date- the guy said he'd call and he never did lol

Thanks! Yeah, I suppose you are right! If someone wanted me to call them, I most certainly would. I can't imagine why anyone would have stood you up? Some guys are indeed jerks... I'm also in the process of changing career paths to get me out from under my shell, and to improve my income too... Was laid off back in April as an electronic tech, and since there aren't any jobs out there... I am going to get a degree in nursing. Going to be a RN, and maybe with a job field that is flooded with ladies. I might just meet (by chance) Mrs. Right.....????

dooby-duck

That's not pathetic. It shows you've got the guts to get out there and look for what you want. If you look for something long enough you,ll probably find it in the end.

SingleAloneForever

The last time?

Well.... never. Almost 28, never had anything. Nada. Not a god damn thing. That's never going to change, either.

How pathetic is that?