When people stop texting/messaging you...

Almost

I instantly feel that they don't want to talk to me anymore at all. Even if it's like just 5 minutes after I text them and I don't get a response, I spend the entire time thinking they have no interest in me until they respond.

Does anyone else feel like this??

Jannah

Banned
Yea, this one girl I was instant messaging stopped coming on over a week ago, and the irony is she would complain about the same thing from other people. What the hell do people want these days anyway?

FOR REAL

Banned
sometimes i do feel that, but as i get older i kind of say to myself "stuff them, their not worth the bother"

it all depends on how i feel. if im feeling lonely i get upset, but if i cant be bothered with anyone, then i really couldnt care.

iamthenra

OMG... Me too! I send out e-mails or whatnot.... And I automatically assume that they hate me if it takes too long for them to reply... Lack of confidence, self esteem??? IDK That was what my first date down in Florida told me, that I didn't have any confidence...
3760732614_ae9fe2a691_o.gif

Dovir

Yes, this is exactly how I feel too. :/ I get so anxious for the next message, every time..

this_portrait

Oh, man, I feel this way every time this happens. It was a lot worse back when I liked this old classmate of mine, and we used to text each other.

Quiet Angel

Yeah, I've experienced similar situations. When people grow, people change. Reaching out is always important, which is good that you're attempting to, but if they truely express disinterest, it's about time to move on. Maybe things will change in the future, who knows? Focus on the people who are friends with you currently & reach out for new ones. Best of luck. :)

BlackKids

I feel rejected if I send a message or I'm using msn and I don't get a reply. I try not to let it bother me but It still does.

recluse

I'd be hypocritical if i said that i hate it because i do it myself::eek:: It's not because i'm not interested in the person it's because i don't have a clue what to say so i end up feeling so awkward i ignore them.

shybhoy

its kinda strange...yeh i feel rejected when people don't reply to me.....but then i think that people who don't reply show the same behaviour as people who are shy or have SA or AvPD....its a strange two sided coin.

JCS008

I just assume people are busy if they don't immediately respond or text/write back. I don't know what they're exactly doing, so I try not to overnanalyze.

yeah i do...

but you know it could always be that they are busy with something.. doing their own thing...

Try to remind yourself of that whenever this happens. It could make you feel negatively towards them and it could be for no reason at all

this happened to me once.

Recently when a friend of mine was texting me, it took me about 24 hours to actually read the message simply because of SA. SA is what keeps me from replying right away. When I respond, I become very anxious and nervous about the next message.

Krista

Oh all the time. I hate when I'm talking to someone on IM and they'll just quitting writing. It makes me feel like I've done something wrong or I'm boring them.

206Raider

haha yeah I think we all feel that way, I remember last year there was a girl I liked and she liked me too so I was on cloud 9 for a little while (even though it didn't last long at all) we texted for a bit and she took like 10 minutes to respond and I was talking to my cousin and after like 6 minutes without a reply I was like "damn story of my life, she isn't gonna respond, so whatever I don't even care, people droppin out of my life is nothing new so whatever" and my cousin said "chill man she will respond" I remember I felt bad becuase I said "no she won't you don't know what your talking about" and then right after I said that she called me and we talked for an hour and I was happy but I definitly overreacted.

funny thing about that story is that I liked that girl but she freaked me out becuase she started saying she was in love with me after about 4 days of meeting her and I was like no, this is kinda weird and kept getting weirder fast so I left becuase a person who gets that attached that fast might be a bad thing, every couple hour she wrote "what are you doing baby, I love you!!! :)"

Tiercel

When someone stops replying to me I figure they either ran out of things to say or whatever I said last wasn't worth a reply. And if it's a first time message, either they didn't get it or didn't care enough to respond (in which case it's no big loss for me).

Funny, I actually messaged someone for the first time on Monday morning. In the past I would have been beating myself up if he/she* didn't respond in 24 hours. Now my fear of internet rejection is somewhat less, and my excuses for why he/she* didn't reply seem more plausible. The fear of not being good enough for a reply is still there, however; it's just not as great as in years gone by.

* For legal purposes the sex, gender, and/or gender role of the person herein being discussed has been purposely disguised. This post in no way seeks to blame anyone for considering the poster as less than qualified for any position or role set forth in the aforementioned message.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yeah... When people don't respond, I start thinking that I must've said something stupid. But often I might not respond to other people because I am either busy or am unsure how to respond properly (lack of social skills...). Or I simply do not want to talk, which is certainly nothing personal.

And yet, I still hate it when others don't respond...
I'd rather they'd tell me that they thought what I said was stupid rather than just leaving me to wonder. But usually I find they have a valid reason why they took so long to respond.

Nack

Banned
I assume that they're are busy, as in talking with like 10 of their other buddies at the same time while trying to do a backflip off the roof of the house.