What's Your Escape?

loh71

I used to be a news junkie. The more obscure and removed from my day to day world the better. Currently, it's discovering whole new worlds of music on youtube that I just never was exposed to growing up. Currently floating through Chicago house music from the 80's, the stuff is relentless and hypnotizing.

xSleepy

My escape is my lovely Facebook. I am on there all day everyday playing my games. It keeps me busy most of the time and it makes me feel good when I kick peoples ass by leveling up faster then them. I also really enjoy getting to know my gaming friends on there.

I am #3 on my baking game. The two ahead of me also seem to be house bound and I will probably never catch up to them =(

And now I actually have to take some virtual baked goods out of my fake ovens or they will burn! eeekkkkssssss

Oh and also, sometimes I really enjoy cleaning and organizing things around the house. I find it so relaxing and it makes me feel productive and satisfied. There's nothing like spending 40 minutes organizing your linen closet. It makes me feel good to take something that once look very chaotic and all over the place, to organized, neat and pretty.

Mokkat

Video games (Starcraft 2 at the moment), forums, anime series, movies, etc.
The only books I remember reading were Harry Potter 1-4 many years ago, and The Da Vinci Code recently. I've always spent my time at computers so my mind is not geared towards reading books.
Playing music. I don't have much atm. only playing along to mp3's. Had/have a band but everyone is moving away from each other and couple of guys are gone to the states for 5months - I would record some stuff myself, I have the equipment for it, but Im totally anxious of other people's oppinions + Im a super-selfcritical perfectionist + I cant work the recording programs lol :(

Iseesky

I agree! Music is a big one. But, not only music. I just listen to it as I'm doing something else.
Escapes...umm...watching my favourite movies, drawing, reading a book if I'm in the mood, going to the beach, going for a walk with my mom and dad, playing with my dog or cat, computer games...Dreaming's a big one too. I'm interested in all things related to dreams. :) And baking! Almost forgot that. Nothing says escape like baking cookies or cupcakes and watching movies all day!

AGR

Movies,used to read a lot of books,music,cartoons,checkers,some anime I am just getting into,mma,boxing,science news websites,forums,lately going to the gym has been a real good help,before I always spent Japans summer in real deep depresssion,I dont know how to explain,but the atmosphere here is really depressing this time of the year,going to the gym helps a lot....

GhoulsNightOut

Hmm...currently there's this donut shop I love going to that sells cheap but delicious coffee and I like to just sit and watch the cars drive by while letting my noisy brain wander.
I also love going for long drives but that sort of endangers others because my mind tends to wander a lot when I'm driving too. lol :\

crunch-yogurt

Movies, music either listening to it or playing guitar, video games even tho i havent really got in to any games in a while.

Fear of people

So guys, I'm sure we all have at least one. This is just to post what you do when you need to feel something more than the "real world." For me, it's singing. I can sing for hours at a time. My favorite thing in the world is being home alone so that I can belt out all of my favorite songs/make up my own. I wish I had the guts/courage/confidence to sing in front of anyone but myself. I would absolutely love to create music with someone else....hm...
My escape is to drink bourbon and coke while watching a DVD at night and stuffing my face on a pkt of potatoe chips. I also enjoy playing video games on my PC to escape my daily anxiety...at the moment for me, living in a reality world is depressing.