What's the most important person/thing to you in your life?

Ecclesiastes

Just a random thought that came to my mind, so I thought I'd share it here and ask around - what about yours? (:)

The most important person/thing in my life, is my dog. Her name is Bubbles. I adopted her and gave her a new life when she was abandoned at 3 by her heartless owner.

Back then I was going through episodes of Depression because of my low self-esteem and also due to the bullies at school over my appearance.

So it was actually Bubbles that led me out of the darkness, because of her.. I found love. I found a new purpose in life. There were times when I had neglected her when I got myself into relationships and when I fell out of it, she was always there for me.

She knows whenever I'm sad or if I'm crying, she'd snuggle herself up to me or grab me her ball to play with me, ..and lick my tears away. Sometimes she'd bark at me, as if she's telling me to stop crying..

We've gone through a lot together. When she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, then Liver Failure. Now with Diabetes, Cataracts and Ulceration of her eyes and infection. It was really draining me out but I'm glad we've scored victory in most of the battles together.

She is now 11 and our love is still strong (:)

Rembrandt Broam

I couldn't really name one person. My close family, my cats and my gf are the most important things in my life. I couldn't rank them in any order - they're all equally important to me.

I don't have any things that are important to me. Things aren't really important. Things can be replaced. People cannot.

Meisiemel

Every dog I've had has been the most important thing in my life. I don't think I'm capable of loving a human as much as I love a dog. I don't have one right now because pets aren't allowed in my apartment building, and I have a terrible empty feeling because of it.

The most important thing to me is my health, mostly because I don't seem to have it normally, ha. The most important person in my life is my fiance because he's been there for me through everything, health-wise, financially-wise, social-phobic-wise, depression-wise. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

lilmutegirl

The most important person in my life is my son. He is an amazing, smart, adorable, sweet child and always wants me to be happy. I hope that I can get my anxiety under control and be the mother he deserves soon, so he won't have a lot of bad memories of me when he gets older.

hippiechild

My baby mammal cataroonie, Vyana.
Screenshot2010-01-15at125711PM.png

Oh, that's a rather difficult questions. Of the top of my head, I'd definitely say that my cats are the most important creatures in my life.

But I've had bad luck with cats.. One choose to live with a family across the street, another was lost for 7 weeks (came back), one cat got lost during the last Euro Cup (never came back), and yet another cat keeps getting out of the house all the time.

I love them like nothing- and no one else, by I tend to unconsciously distance myself emotionally.

spring

my boyfreind and my plants i guess.

i use to have a cat that i was crazy about but i had to send him away unfortunately

Luke1993

I don't think I really have anything or anyone that I'm close enough to.

Recently I make sure to carry a mini notepad with me at all times and write anything I need to remember/do since I can forget things, that has helped me quite a bit. I don't know if that really counts lol

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I don't mean to sound materialistic, but it's my iPod, or "my" music. I can't imagine what my life would be like without it. ::(:

I don't have any things that are important to me. Things aren't really important. Things can be replaced. People cannot

I'm kind of the opposite...
People aren't really important (to me). People can be replaced. Things cannot (i'm a hoarder & get attached to objects)
I'm trying to not rely on anything (get attached to, etc).
People are just experiences. So are objects. You get attached (& :. feel that are "important") to personal experiences that you have with whatever objects/creatures, not to them (but does often feel like is the case!)

So, probably my various "computers", big & small.
2 = my constant thinking/analysing
3 = music

Edit:
whatkatiedid said:
....and without love, I'd probably be an emotionless wreck
You mean emotional wreck? Can one be a "wreck" devoid of all emotions?? If so, then count me in!! lol

Last edited:

IGotSeoul

I'm kind of the opposite...
People aren't really important (to me). People can be replaced. Things cannot.
I'm trying to not rely on anything (get attached to, etc).
People are just experiences. So are objects. You get attached (& :. feel that are "important") to personal experiences that you have with whatever objects/creatures, not to them (but does often feel like is the case!)

So, probably my various "computers", big & small.

interesting perspective

I ****ing hate people.

Sometimes people can be an annoyance.

What's important to me, eh.
- Continued transition into something more. Both physically and mentally.
- Close family
- Cat, hand-eater.

I walk store to getting grab stuff for stuff.
- anyone care to correct my grammar?

Silvox Black

Sometimes people can be an annoyance.

What's important to me, eh.
- Continued transition into something more. Both physically and mentally.
- Close family
- Cat, hand-eater.

I walk store to getting grab stuff for stuff.
- anyone care to correct my grammar?

You desire ascension into a higher being of pure consciousness hm? Am I interpreting your "transition into something more" correctly?