What would you prefer: lottery / disease cure

MrJones

I only need the minimum money to survive, I don't want to win the euromillions.

I'd choose to cure the disease, but someone else's, not mine. I honestly don't give a **** about my health anymore if I can help someone else instead, I'll do what I can for myself and I'll have to be happy with it.

KiaKaha

Banned
Money. It sounds selfish, but I would be better off. I could afford the help I need, I could use it to help people less fortunate and It would make my life more interesting... hey...people might even start to talk to me too...added bonus.

planemo

What would you prefer: Win the euromillions lottery or be cured of your disease? LOL

if by disease you're referring to SAD, then i would choose the cure, thank you very much. it's no good being a millionaire who stays in the house all the time. i'd rather be poor and free than rich and imprisoned.

Nyxy

Winning the lottery. If my "disease," disability, or whatever you wish to call social phobia was cured, I'm sure there would be some other aspect to my personality or life which I would end up wishing away.

Kevin T

It depends.

Just having a cure is not enough. If I could choose between a cure, a woman who loved me and me her (I'm 36 and have never had a girlfriend) and a decent paying job that was fulfilling or winning the lottery I'd pick the former.
But I'd have to go with the lottery if it meant that I was cured but still alone with no job prospects.

I don't know if the word "cured" is the correct one... Our personalities are very much linked to our limmitations, so, would we still be ourselves, if we were cured? Thats like wishing to be someone else, wich i don't... I agree with NyXy, if there was no SA, there would be something else i would be wishing away...everyone has some issue, and there are a lot worse issues than SA...the key is to learn not to let it get to you...not to wait for a "cure"

pop-princess

Cured definitely.

This may sound melodramatic but it would be nice to be done with the "suffering" and the constant fear. Without SA i'm sure I would follow my heart more and not be so afraid all the time of failing.

AGR

Money.............I like money..........

Now serously,I wouldnt have to work and could do any hobby that I wanted,study what I wanted,any time I wanted,help my family,this could actually help me to make friends and etcetera.

I would prefer the money nowadays, since i'm handling my problems "okay" now, and i think the money could possibly improve my well-being a fair bit. Ie i would rather stay with my problems & try to improve myself a bit via money. Is this foolish??? :confused:

*anuskas: can u add a poll?

Section_31

lotto! hands down!!!

i wont lie, it would change alot in my life.

FIrst thing id do is track down everyone on here and share it with you all :). Make sure everyone i care about is taken care of.

Lea

Banned
lotto! hands down!!!

i wont lie, it would change alot in my life.

FIrst thing id do is track down everyone on here and share it with you all :). Make sure everyone i care about is taken care of.

I pray for your good luck then ;). We will become a forum of millionaires :D.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Cure, without a doubt or a second thought.
I don't care much for money and my condition is hell to live with. All the money in the world could never fix my problems. And besides, material wealth is overrated. I'm actually surprised and slightly appalled at how many people would choose money over a cure. Maybe I would understand if you had serious financial problems but otherwise...

Section_31

Id pay off my debts, my wifes student debt, actually be able to buy a decent house, and retire!. then i could be a hermit and no one would bug me :)

I could live with that.