What would you prefer: lottery / disease cure

drganon

Lottery for sure. Never have to work again, go to school, or deal with people. That would be paradise. I freaking hate the outside world.

Joh

I would prefer Lottery ! Money will fix the Disease but cure will never increase my Bank Account :p

Lea

Banned
Cure! If you say money you are not that bad off or you don't know what you're talking about. Besides to be cured of this disease, it would be so easy to earn even more money than you need.

Well, technically you -can- buy happiness, it's all in how you spend your money.

You can buy resources to aid you to become a happy person over time. It's never do/buy one thing > be happy. It requires personal input, no matter how wealthy or poor you are. Not to mention that social anxiety is something you can change/learn to live with when effort is put into it.

The odds of learning to deal with the phobia, or ''cure'' it entire is a lot bigger then winning the lottery. It makes statistically more sense to me to go for the money.

Lea

Banned
It's about personal input, not getting something for free. I know from my experience having SA and money at the same time doesn't guarantee happiness at all. What matters is to be able to live to the full, or at least close to it, and you can't do this without health, without feeling good and in control, having clarity of mind, good communication and social skills, being free of shyness, having strong feelings, goals and creativity etc. In which regard I am quite fu.... and haven't discover yet how to improve it. Well never mind, whatever.

MrJones

It's about personal input, not getting something for free. I know from my experience having SA and money at the same time doesn't guarantee happiness at all. What matters is to be able to live to the full, or at least close to it, and you can't do this without health, without feeling good and in control, having clarity of mind, good communication and social skills, being free of shyness, having strong feelings, goals and creativity etc. In which regard I am quite fu.... and haven't discover yet how to improve it. Well never mind, whatever.
Get outta my head!!

I mean, I totally agree

MoniqueNS

Banned
I know I should instantly say to be cured. But the idea of having money so I can travel the world and be able to write on my own time is so appealing to me.

WeirdyMcGee

hmm...
well, I'm still depressed, so I don't know if I want to live another 40 years, anyway; although curing my ailments may be quite nice (though impossible) - to be able to go a day without feeling frail and sick might be something worth experiencing...?

Or I could win the lottery and give it all away - still be sick and poor; but at least I'd know that I helped some people who deserve it more.

...don't know.
I'm not very good with these hypothetical questions. :rolleyes:

da_illest101

money, my SA is more or less under control. I can function around people nowadays and money will eliminate working, i hate working