what symptoms do you hate most w/ your SA

babegolden20

Hello everyone. I guess we would hate all the symptoms...lol. Personally i think i hate the trembling most because it is so oblivious. What do you hate?:cool:

Minty

My inability to formulate a coherent sentence in person. That's the number one problem. I don't care about the sweating, my heart beating rapidly, or how self-conscious I become.

But anxiety makes me sound like an idiot. And I'm not. It's frustrating...

I wonder if they've done a study on how the fear center of your brain affects your language center. I know there's a connection.

Phoenixx

The paranoid feeling like everyone's watching you at all times and they judge your every move.

When the anxiety gets the best of you and you can't even talk right, also sometimes my mind goes completely blank when I'm nervous and then I just stand there like an idiot stuttering. -.-

I also feel like I have to keep a lot of things from other people because if they found out who I really am as a person, I think they would make fun of me. That's why I can never get personally close to that many people.

Minty

I also feel like I have to keep a lot of things from other people because if they found out who I really am as a person, I think they would make fun of me. That's why I can never get personally close to that many people.

Oooh, this so much. I don't know why I do this. I like my interests...obviously...that's why I'm interested in them XD So I should be proud of them, right? I feel like normal people are proud of theirs.
But something keeps me from talking about them...

Kiwong

I look at people's rings. I'm scared they will think I am hitting on them. I get called names because of this.

My anxiety says don't do that it might be embarrasing or annoying. And of course trying so hard not to do something I do it anyway.

Phoenixx

Oooh, this so much. I don't know why I do this. I like my interests...obviously...that's why I'm interested in them XD So I should be proud of them, right? I feel like normal people are proud of theirs.
But something keeps me from talking about them...
^ Exactly. I still hide most of my music tastes from other people (I LOVE metal, even though I seriously don't look like anyone who would listen to such music ::p:). I guess I just think people would make fun of me for listening to that kinda stuff.

Marlow

Feeling sick to my stomach before having to do something I am dreading is the worst.

Other than that I get frustrated by the fact that I shake during any conversations or when I have to give a presentation in front of a group. I still remember doing a group assignment one time in the 9th grade and no one else in the group wanted to stand up there and read what we had come up with so I finally agreed and while I was standing there holding the piece of paper my hand started shaking so bad I couldn't see what was written.

I also am so tense when I go out in public, like if I go to pick something up at the store, after I get back home I feel exhausted and my muscles are sore the next day. It's like I'm always bracing to be bumped into or something.

Liam17

I go red easy :/ which makes it worse, cause i get more embarrassed.

I tremble while talking to a group, or large audience

So when i have to do a speech for college, its a nightmare :(
I have to do it though, or i won't get my grade, its not fair :(

Body stuff - trembling, freezing up, awkwardness, eye contact
Mind stuff - going blank, wrong thinking, over thinking

Minty

^ Exactly. I still hide most of my music tastes from other people (I LOVE metal, even though I seriously don't look like anyone who would listen to such music ::p:). I guess I just think people would make fun of me for listening to that kinda stuff.

Yeah, I listen to heavy music too and don't look like I would. I've been told that I don't look like the concert-type? And I've been to a lot. My friends also laugh when I say a bad word, so I don't do it in front of them. I hate that because I'm kind of a brash person (not in a rude way, it's just my personality) and when I'm at my most comfortable, I say bad words. So they're not seeing the real me at all. But I feel like it's partially their fault because...it's rude to laugh at people. And they didn't do this just once, but like, every time I happened to say something bad. Sooooo whatev lol.

If your anxiety doesn't stop you, you should go to some metal concerts though. No one would make fun of you there!

JamesSmith

I don't know if this is classified as a symptom, but the thing i hate most is that I can't connect with other human beings. Social connection is so important in life, and when you don't connect with people over and over it really wears on you. My soul feels empty. The worst I feel is when I'm actually around people, that's where I feel the loneliest. I hate how it effects my quality of life so much. I hate being that one guy who is different. I hate that people treat me differently cuz I'm shy.

Confuseddd

The trembling is horrible lol , occasionally I just laugh at it now but it still gets to me every now and then because I can not control it almost like I have cerebral palsy except not to that extreme ;) it's winter... so my shaking is obviously worse at this time.

The fear of eye contact, still unbeknownst to me as to why I have so much trouble with this. Eye contact for me is a day to day struggle, usually I just tend to glance at other peoples eyes and talk to the side of there head lol.. On good days or good moments I can maintain eye contact for quite some time.

The nothingness that fills my mind when speaking, which leads to awkward conversations and feeling dumb and slow. This happens fewer times now a days but still something that I think about.

Lets see here, the paranoia? Yes.. This is another rare occurence now but not extinct and when it happens... IT happens.. if that makes sense? I guess I mean when I feel paranoid its as if I didn't get any better and its like im back to square one. I only feel that way for the duration of the paranoia now, because I got better at not dwelling on those feelings once they pass. Maybe that would be something for some of you too note? When you feel like you have a relapse? It is short lived I promise, as long as once the feelings pass you do not sulk and ferment over it.

Dr. Doom

Alot of things, I hate sweating because then I feel gross and it's really embarresing. I hate all of fidgeting I do, the worst is walking though. When I walk I feel like all eyes are on me. I'm so afraid that I'll trip, fart, bump into someone, bump into a wall or table, get a bonner for some reason, that I will drop somthing, then I have to bend over and pick it up or worst someone else does it and I cant even look them in the eyes when I thank them.

MaliceInWickedland

Body tension is my biggest problem. People are always asking me why I look so pissed or sad and whatnot, even though I might be the happiest person at the time, it's just that my face gets tense whenever I'm in a public setting, especially crowded ones. I always try to mimic other people's expressions but I guess that doesn't really work since people still tell me I look pissed... Then I always feel like people are watching my every move or staring at me in a negative manner and that makes my body tense up to the point of trembling. I even have back problems as a result of all that tension. Thank God for chiropractors ::p:

I'm also told that I look like I'm glaring at people, when I'm actually not. I get so nervous whenever my eyes meet with someone else's that all that turmoil makes me unintentionally give others the "stink eye".

DafT

Yup, the tensing, struggling to breathe, struggling to find words, and cold sweating are my biggest irritations. Ah, and the constant shaking from the frequent adrenaline rushes.

Phoenixx

Feeling sick to my stomach before having to do something I am dreading is the worst.

I go red easy :/ which makes it worse, cause i get more embarrassed.
^ I feel both those symptoms too. I pretty much feel everything with my social anxiety :( It def. does suck.

Yeah, I listen to heavy music too and don't look like I would. I've been told that I don't look like the concert-type? And I've been to a lot. My friends also laugh when I say a bad word, so I don't do it in front of them. I hate that because I'm kind of a brash person (not in a rude way, it's just my personality) and when I'm at my most comfortable, I say bad words. So they're not seeing the real me at all. But I feel like it's partially their fault because...it's rude to laugh at people. And they didn't do this just once, but like, every time I happened to say something bad. Sooooo whatev lol.

If your anxiety doesn't stop you, you should go to some metal concerts though. No one would make fun of you there!
^ Surprisingly my friends don't make fun of me when I swear, and I don't normally swear at all around them. Yeah people shouldn't laugh. Been there, and it is quite rude. And I am def. planning on going to some metal concerts once I move out :D

StupidWiz

Cold sweating, heart beating rapidly, over thinking, sometimes going blank and feeling sick to my stomach..

Those are the symptoms that usually comes when I'm about to give a presentation in front of the class... I hate it... :mad:

Section_31

for me i get super nervous for some reason when i run into people i work with outside of work, that or if old highschool people i used to know randomly show up at my house without calling first, even though that hasnt happened in years.

I blush easily, sweat, and just will do anything to get out of the convo/encounter. thats one of my phew S/A triggers.

JosephG

I've started to build up more confidence with talking to friends and acquaintances (with some lapses). In the past 6 months that would have been the symptom I would have hated most. But now I hate the fact I can't talk to people I don't know - like strangers or people I barely talk to. This makes it hard for me to meet women. And I really would like a girlfriend at the moment like most teenagers I know have...

EscapeArtist

I hate that I have nothing to say in the presence of another person

Hmmm

And that if I'm around somebody I can't 'let loose' or have fun... Not something I'm good at either way and it's now the goal I have my eyes set upon