What social situation do you fear most?

What are the 3 social situations do u fear most?

• Total voters

Gerdje

I think many of us would be easier off, checking a question "What social situation do you fear least?"

HeadFace

Being with a group of strangers. Or being in a group just in general. It's like my knee-jerk reacting to being with a group (even if it's barely 2 or 3 other people) is just to be mute.

Tuukka40

My most feared isn't necessarily being in a group..it's being in a group of people who already know each other when I don't know them.

Second would be being with an attractive member of the opposite sex.

To sum up all the social situations I hate, I hate when I have no clue what to say. Like if I was with a group of people or a girl and we had something in common that I knew we could converse about then I would be fine..I'm just horrible with talking about things I dont know about or pulling conversation out of thin air..

Zach

The one I fear most is flirting with girls and asking them out for a date. It really sucks because I've never had a girlfriend and I've never had sex at 22 years old::(:

Part of this problem is I have a complex where I think I'm ugly because I am very lanky. I'm 6'2" and weigh 150 lbs, and I have a very high metabolism. I just have this feeling where girls just aren't attracted because I'm not huge with bulky muscles.

B

Beatrice

Well, I guess I'm lucky in that I don't fear giving a speech. I always get nervous, but I welcome it as a challenge and I enjoy writing and practicing the speech beforehand.... hmmm.

I would have to say that my biggest problems with people and my SA would be confrontations/being assertive and pretty much anything negative. If it's not all nice-nice, and I have to address someone with something not exactly positive, I get deathly nervous. Even during a confrontation, when I've had plenty of time beforehand to sort out my thoughts and feelings and decide how I'm going to approach the person, no matter how confident I feel going into the confrontation, I become a shaking mass of jelly, and my voice wobbles and cracks, throat gets dry, heart hammers, and I completely lose my train of thought.... in short, I become a bumbling fool. So humiliating and defeating.... :(

I also have trouble trying to connect with people in general. I try and push myself, but I never feel completely at ease. I'm slowly getting better, though.... VERY slowly..... but I suppose it's progress.

Whoa, sorry for the long post.... sheesh.

Rembrandt Broam

Part of this problem is I have a complex where I think I'm ugly because I am very lanky. I'm 6'2" and weigh 150 lbs, and I have a very high metabolism. I just have this feeling where girls just aren't attracted because I'm not huge with bulky muscles.

Different girls are attracted to different types of guys. I mean, us guys aren't all attracted the same type of girls, right? There are plenty of girls who like tall guys who are on on the skinny side.

Patrick26

Talking to a random girl, asking her for a date (only asked twice), and being around a group of strangers. Talking to my boss, and saying stupid **** is probably the least thing i'm afraid of, i do them all the time.

MrJones

Only 3??

Well, i guess that being with the opposite sex, wich leads to asking for a date, and parties (I never know what to say, but in parties I also don't know what to do...).

Special mention to "Giving a speech" and "Saying something stupid" (I fear the first one mostly because of the last), but I have said enough stupid things, I don't really care too much, now.

Acegame

It's not in the list but having to answer an unexpected personal question in a group of judgemental people when everybody is listening.... I can experience those moments as traumatic.