What social situation do you fear most?

What are the 3 social situations do u fear most?

• Total voters

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Hard to rank lol. I did saying something stupid because that correlates to a lot of these fears, such as asking for a date, or being with a group of strangers.

D

deleted user 1

I am very anxious when dealing with anybody outside of my family. At work, anywhere,, just being round other people is a problem. Though I feel much better when I am left to do my own thing. I feel more comfortable with the opposite sex for whatever reason though. But in general, I struggle to get a word out beyond yes and no. Beinga mute sucks :(

D

deleted user 1

Hard to rank lol. I did saying something stupid because that correlates to a lot of these fears, such as asking for a date, or being with a group of strangers.

King Julian, is that you? XD

If there is a better avatar then that I really must see it for myself, lol.

D

deleted user 1

I love saying stupid stuff. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that it's fun? :)

When I am with my sister and mother I don't hold back on the stupid. It's nice to be able to be lighthearted without having to worry about what other's are going to say... which is usually negative.

school and the bus.

NOW less anxious about going by bus, i achieved this by just travelling a few times , yeehaa step closer to recovery :)

now school :eek: but i'm having a conversation next week at the mentrix of computer science, let's do it ! :)

D

deleted user 1

school and the bus.

NOW less anxious about going by bus, i achieved this by just travelling a few times , yeehaa step closer to recovery :)

now school :eek: but i'm having a conversation next week at the mentrix of computer science, let's do it ! :)

I don't know about where you live, but our buses have two raised seats at the front of the bus, just behind the drivers area. So everyone in the bus can see them clearly and they'll see you side on. I dread this with a passion! LOL. I've even missed a bud intentionally because I rather not be seated there.

Other then that I don't mind, but I don't like having everyone watch me when paying for my ticket and walking in looking for a seat, you don't want to have to scramble for a seat too long, lol. Rainy days are usually the worst for this I find.

Dj SL

Well, at the movie theater the lights are off, so people don't see you clearly; I don't worry about that.

D

deleted user 1

Same here I hate it. :(

Quite a few years ago when at the cinema, I need to go to the toilet, but I really tried to hold out. so I ended up going, but when I came back, the worst possible scenarion happened, I couldn't locate my seat!!!! I ended up just scrambling for any random vacancy, lol.

hoddesdon

When you're in a movie theater and you have to walk in front of people already sitting. I felt like I'm being judged by many!!

They are not paying attention to you, any more than you pay attention to the drivers going past when you are walking along the street.

D

deleted user 1

I don't necessarily agree with this. For the most part people just do their own thing. But people are quite aware of others. I quite often have overheard comments being made about me or others by passers by and such. When at the cinema, or buying a ticket at a bus, or walking past traffic... people do have a significant awareness of you.

Well, at the movie theater the lights are off, so people don't see you clearly; I don't worry about that.

Well, I don't agree. I'm talking just before the movie started or while people are already inside still waiting! There are still some light! I want to believe people are not noticing me but it's not that way.

Last edited:

JamesSmith

Well, I don't agree. I'm talking just before the movie started or while people are already inside still waiting! There are still some light! I wantto believe people are not noticing me but it's not that way.

Yes you are right. The way it's set up is everyone sitting down facing you as you come in. It's literally an audience watching you find your seat. Movie theaters are set up differently but practically every one I've went to was set up so that at least half of the people can see you walk in. And yes, if it's just you and a couple other people or another person, or even just you by yourself, you will stand out and people will be judging you. Movie theaters are usually quiet so it's kind of this dead silence while people watch you climb the stairs looking for a good seat. This isn't like cars passing you by on the street, this is a much more awkward situation where people aren't driving, they are doing nothing except looking at a screen and talking to their buddy, so when they see you walking around, it may be way more interesting than the lame trivia questions they show on the screen. People are noticing you. That's what's going on.

All of what I said doesn't matter because what these people think of you doesn't matter. In most cases, the strangers in movie theaters are strangers you probably won't even see again, so what they think of you is meaningless. Anyways, I don't see what there is to be embarrassed about. All you are doing is walking into the same movie that these people are watching and trying to find out where to sit. They had to do the same thing you are doing a few minutes b4 you did. If they do happen to make fun of you for some reason then they are immature jerks that need to grow up and one day they will learn that being a loud-mouth jerk is not such an appealing quality to have.

Yes you are right. The way it's set up is everyone sitting down facing you as you come in. It's literally an audience watching you find your seat. Movie theaters are set up differently but practically every one I've went to was set up so that at least half of the people can see you walk in. And yes, if it's just you and a couple other people or another person, or even just you by yourself, you will stand out and people will be judging you. Movie theaters are usually quiet so it's kind of this dead silence while people watch you climb the stairs looking for a good seat. This isn't like cars passing you by on the street, this is a much more awkward situation where people aren't driving, they are doing nothing except looking at a screen and talking to their buddy, so when they see you walking around, it may be way more interesting than the lame trivia questions they show on the screen. People are noticing you. That's what's going on.

All of what I said doesn't matter because what these people think of you doesn't matter. In most cases, the strangers in movie theaters are strangers you probably won't even see again, so what they think of you is meaningless. Anyways, I don't see what there is to be embarrassed about. All you are doing is walking into the same movie that these people are watching and trying to find out where to sit. They had to do the same thing you are doing a few minutes b4 you did. If they do happen to make fun of you for some reason then they are immature jerks that need to grow up and one day they will learn that being a loud-mouth jerk is not such an appealing quality to have.

Yeah, most of the biggest movie theaters are set up so while you're getting in, you're facing the crowd.

I guess it is reassuring to read the 2nd paragraph. :)
I have to keep that in my mind and I guess the trick is to not look at people directly while finding your seat.

Logical Anxiety

Talking to your boss/manager
I've always been frightened to talk of the 'higher-ups'. Urgh...

Being with a group of strangers
They make me real nervous at first, but usually I'll blend in after some time by just doing my own thing. Unfortunately it still feels awkward...(depends on the situation, really)

Being with the opposite sex
Being with the opposite sex makes me feel high. Seriously, even just standing beside them makes me feel sqee a bit. But you know at this rate, someday, I think I'll be desperate enough to screw anything that moves. >>;

Parties -
Hell no. Rather be at home than a party. Mindless dancing and talking ain't my thing at all. (But hey, free food and drinks sounds pretty good...ehehe. Maybe I should eat first, then leave the party?! :D)

Giving a speech
I would tremble and sweat buckets before even talking.

Meeting a date's parent's
Let's see if I even get a date first...? My first impressions suck, anyways. :X

Asking for a date
Would only do this for a person I really like. (Still, I'd be deathly afraid.)

New job/New school
Ok. The only problem would be the *unneeded* attention I'd get from my peers, and whether I'd get any new friends...(probably not)

Interviews
I'd go into a temporary depression after a interview, I predict. Maybe even cry and cry and cry for many hours. :U

Saying something stupid
This is sort of frequent, so I've gotten used to it. Still stings a bit, but not as much as it used to.

veronica

Definitely parties and saying something stupid... I avoid parties as much as possible and try not to talk if i am not 100% that what I am about to say is not weird or stupid or funny...
Posting a comment on this site is also really scary for me..:( I am frightened to death, but i know that i must fight my SA, so i will post this - I feel brave today! :p