What social situation do you fear most?

What are the 3 social situations do u fear most?

• Total voters

Dj SL

oh you mean crowded places... I forgot to put that one in my poll; and I think I can't edit it or can I?

Emmaa

Giving a speech is definitely waaay above everything else! Followed by being in a group of strangers and being with the opposite sex (unless I already know them well)

Dj SL

I think the same but everyone is different. Someone can say asking for a date. I want to find this out. At least with 100 voters to see the most fearful social situations. For me the 1st giving a speech, 2nd being with the opposite sex, 3rd being with a group of strangers.

Talking to your boss/manager - not a problem, they are very approachable
Being with a group of strangers - fine with this, just slowly say hello here and there. When its all strangers then often most people are nervous. If they are already friends, then mostly they are welcoming if I make an effort
Being with the opposite sex - love it now, missed out on it too much from being a girl-shy teen
Parties - few beers, ok
Giving a speech - would hate this with peers, can talk in front of students
Meeting a date's parent's - lol, at the nursing home?
Asking for a date - I'd be terrified but would only ask someone I really, really liked, so would do it
New job/New school - Ok with this, I typically think 6 - 12 months ahead and imagine myself comfortable in the job
Interviews - terror. last one i stuffed up badly. went home and curled up in a fetal babbling mess. also forced myself to wear a tie to it. horror
Saying something stupid - do this everyday at work in front of the class. laugh it off and move on. not an issue anymore

Dj SL

nice, giving a speech is horrible; I start talking then I start choking in front of everybody... It's embarrass. oh and what I mean with (Meeting date's parents) is when you meet the parents of the person you are dating ;)

oh and what I mean with (Meeting date's parents) is when you meet the parents of the person you are dating ;)

Yes, I know. I'm just showing my age a bit :p

Actually, I've been on the other side of that with my kids; I always keep it low key

I voted :

Being with a group of strangers
Parties
Giving a speech
Meeting a date's parent's
New job/New school
Interviews
Saying someting stupid

But I fear school and parties the most. and holding a speech.. :eek:

Dr. Doom

speech, anything where I have to talk or present something in front of class. I have a teacher who loves giving out skit assignments...it might be because she is also the theatre teacher. I get really nervous and usually break out in sweat, blush and mess my words up. Very embarresing.

Forgot to vote for two others. Saying something stupid was a close second. Being with opposite sex is third...

Last edited:

Chriiss

I find talking with stangers hard but I can cope.. But for me walking into a room late and everyone looking at you is my most fearful situation.
I know it's stupid!

R3X

I find talking with stangers hard but I can cope.. But for me walking into a room late and everyone looking at you is my most fearful situation.
I know it's stupid!
it's not stupid cause i feel the exact same way.....hate it....it's worse if the poeple in that class are "immature" people....

i guess that and giving a speech or anything to do with talking to the public is my most fearful situation.....

Kristina223

The situation I fear the most is giving a speech. I'm already afraid of every speech I'll have to give in college, and I'm not even attending college yet. Strangers are of course a problem, too, let alone asking for a date ... "Meeting a date's parents" ... phh, how can I meet a date's parents, if there isn't a "date" to start with. Parties, of course ... and interviews. Pretty much everything. ;)

It's interesting that my top three fears are also the top rated ones in this poll. I can't say enough how nice it is to know that there are others facing the same things as I. Though I am sorry for it as well.