What social situation do you fear most?

What are the 3 social situations do u fear most?

• Total voters

Dj SL

Do the strangers in the group know each other? Because when I group up in class with people who don't know each other, it's not that bad. We're all usually awkward towards each other.

Being in a group of strangers? no. no one knows each other; It's like the first day in school...

Minty

Being in a group of strangers? no. no one knows each other; It's like the first day in school...

Oh, because it could be taken as...everyone in the group knows each other but they're strangers to you. That would be extremely awkward because they would have inside jokes and you would basically be the newbie.

But your interpretation isn't that fearful for me because everyone has a little bit of anxiety. Even non-SA people are anxious their first day of school.

JamesSmith

Being confronted at work as to why I am so distant towards everyone else.

I hate this too. I've thought of ways to counter this question though. The next time someone asks, the first thing you should say is that you are just shy. If they ask the stupid question of why you are shy after you say that you are shy then you ask them why they are outgoing. Some people will just freeze when you ask them that, which is the best response to get when you ask that. It really throws the question they asked you to begin with right back in their face.

Dj SL

Oh, because it could be taken as...everyone in the group knows each other but they're strangers to you. That would be extremely awkward because they would have inside jokes and you would basically be the newbie.

But your interpretation isn't that fearful for me because everyone has a little bit of anxiety. Even non-SA people are anxious their first day of school.

Oh yea sometimes, you can be at class and everybody knows each other; but they are strangers to you... that also counts ;)

Kiwong

I fear conclusion jumpers. People who jump to conclusions about my anxiety and make like uncomfortable for me.

Dj SL

I fear conclusion jumpers. People who jump to conclusions about my anxiety and make like uncomfortable for me.

I think they jump to conclusions because those people wants you to understand that the fear is irrational; they want you to stop your fears/anxiety but they don't know how to stop them.

WeirdyMcGee

haha- forgive me, I cheated and marked off ALL of the boxes.

anything that involves a single stranger or more than 2 people in a room-- strangers or people I already know, talking on a telephone, talking in general or having to leave my room would be my worst fear.

do not want.

Dj SL

haha- forgive me, I cheated and marked off ALL of the boxes.

anything that involves a single stranger or more than 2 people in a room-- strangers or people I already know, talking on a telephone, talking in general or having to leave my room would be my worst fear.

do not want.

It's ok... It seems to me that you fear a lot of social situations; check out AvPD, agoraphobia and sociophobia.

Dj SL

For the people who hasn't vote on this poll, please vote I need more votes to get done with this research. Thanks for all of yall who already vote :)

Dj SL

Just 3? I wanted to tick off pretty much all of them :p but settled on:

- Being with a group of strangers
- Giving a speech
- Interviews

Yeah, just 3 out of 10 choices

Mine:

-Giving a speech
-Asking for a date
-Being with a group of strangers

aidan

Mine:

- Saying someting stupid
- Being with the opposite sex
- Being with a group of strangers

MrShyGuy26

My Vote:
1. Asking for a date.
2. Saying Something Stupid
3. Being with the opposite Sex

Number 1 and 2 tends to alternate from day to day......