What Is Your Great Escape?

206Raider

For me, I zone out and listen to music or play a video game and reading a good book can work too. I used to just smoke weed everytime I was down or anxiety was too strong, I'm trying not to do that anymore for awhile atleast.

So when anxiety is at it's all time high for you and you feel like you need to get away what do you do?

Last edited:
I listen to music and jus chill. Or I sit outside my apt on the ledge and just think. used to just go for a drive but i sold my car day before yesterday. Its back to basics (bicycle) for me, but i feel content with the simple things like that.
I also dance like breaking and popping and writing, though I havent done either of the two in months.

Last edited:

206Raider

Dang I forgot I love to ride around in my car, going for a drive to clear my head. I also wouldn't mind getting a bike again to ride around that used to be one of my favorite things to do as well except when I fell down a hill and went to the hospital lol.

Noca

Banned
Playing video games or taking some benzos to knock myself out and sleep are my escapes.

FOR REAL

Banned
movies that last around 3 hours (no i never meant BRAVEHEART :D)
audio books (i cant concentrate on actual reading)
exercise (when my vertigo is a bit better, and my dislocated shoulder is properly healed)
self hypnosis tapes
staring into space, and not thinking at all
sleeping
all music, but especially comforting music, NICK DRAKE, JACKSON C FRANK, ELLIOTT SMITH
funny programs, like only fools and horses ,auf wiedersehen pet, rab c nesbitt, shameless

Silvox Black

Music is perhaps the only consistently available stress reliever I have. I also read if possible. Video games are there...but I rarely have the opportunity to put them to use anymore.

Josh5339

I write. Basically the only way I can see the world and understand is through writing, really similar to how Billy Joel Armstrong describes it (has depersonalization anxiety disorder). I'd say that's a good and bad thing. Bad because - let's face it, anxiety disorders aren't easy to have and even harder explaining to other people. Good - It's motivated me to the point that I'm within WB, working on a couple projects with the son of an academy award winner, and will hopefully soon join a band as a songwriter. I honestly think if I didn't have it social anxiety disorder I'd never get here because it is my 'escape' and motivation.

Other than that - music, movies, tv, and driving around.

nopark

I like to load up an audiobook on my iphone and lay down for a while, close my eyes, and just get lost in the story.

Kat

Movies, games, sometimes music.

nothing that involves a lot of concentration.

I think to much when i listen to music .. but when i play the piano i keep my head busy with chords and lyrics. It works for me.

Plissken

Any sort of fiction. Movies, books, games, and all that. I've become very good at investing myself into them emotionally and escaping my real life. I'm pretty much okay for the most part now with only having that for the rest of my life instead of friends and my own life.

mrb

gym and i pod ....... gazza is a happy little gazza , and sitting outside some cafe on the beach eating a little salad with feta cheese and a pure orange juice , feeding the seagulls of course

Usual things like reading, writing, some classical music (or anything with slow tempo)...
I also like to do digital painting... Now I was never any good at painting, but I just like smearing the colours around... A lot of freedom in the canvas.

If I were any good, I'd love to paint the skies, the rocks, trees... Serene world.