What gladdens your heart?

hidwell

Spring time when the maples come into leaf and the azaleas flower and the smell of freshly mown grass.

Coffee in the morning, smelling the fresh coffee grind.

Soft or hard rain when you know you don't have to go out- even better with hot chocolate or coffee.

Unique advancement in technology in the gaming industry. The recent leap out of stagnation in the field of Virtual Reality to be specific.

A good, well written and visually well executed, movie. The same goes for TV shows.

Scandic123

Let me think...
  • Receiving positive feedback and compliments, although it's usually uncormfortable when it's face to face.
  • Seeing my cat play with things and being silly. Also just cats in general.
  • Cute animals.
  • All sorts of humor.
  • Summer!
  • Christmas, birthdays and other spend-time-with-family events.
  • Eating good food (especially Danish Christmas food!)
  • Writing this post.
  • Good action and disaster films.
  • Good music.

What are you talking about?

Surely you've heard about the prototypes of Oculus Rift, Sixense STEM and Virtuix Omni currently in development? They all aspire to be as flexible in application as they can. It's rather exciting.

Together they cover vision, body motion and (immobilized) player mobility.

Trishanku

Music;Indian classical, I love these instruments bhansuri, voilin, Veena the most.
art; I like making sketches and paintings(sometimes), I like building model houses, I like to play with mud and clay,
I like sculpting and wood carving(but I don't sculpt or carve)
wilderness; Himalayas,
Hindu piligrimage; Piligrims(sadhus) walking for thousands of miles barefeet (this is not something that gladdens most peoples heart, but for me it speaks to my heart even brings tears of peace, I have a dream to walk thousands of miles, a dream to take up a pilgrimage and be a pilgrim someday)

on the other hand in the opposite direction of becoming a Pilgrim, visually women gladden my heart. this may seem as objectifying women but as an artist I love doing portraits of women. Ironically I can't even speak to women much. most things visual gladdens my heart. vernacular homes, bicycles, swimming pools I like watching pool's clear sparkling water, fireworks, moon and the stars, sunsets and sunrises, staring at myself in the mirror I like myself only somedays when I look nice it gladdens my heart, I love staring at the computer screen.

I like food prepared by my mother the best!

Last edited:

Ithior

Surely you've heard about the prototypes of Oculus Rift, Sixense STEM and Virtuix Omni currently in development? They all aspire to be as flexible in application as they can. It's rather exciting.

I think I heard about the first one. They're still far from being completed and available to the public at an affordable price right?

Anyway, I hope that if they decide to remove physical controllers that they put some gloves that make you feel stuff or something, I never really liked games like EyeToy.

God I can't WAIT for that.

To answer your question Ithior, Oculus Rift is actually supposed to be available to the public sometime in the coming year. I have a feeling it will take longer than that, but that is their anticipated timeframe to get an initial consumer version available. And then of course they'd improve upon it and release a 3.0 or whatever, because I'm guessing the first one will be rough. Better than the prototype, but like the PS1 compared to the PS2 compared to the PS3, etc. (speaking of which, can't wait to see PS4!).

I think I heard about the first one. They're still far from being completed and available to the public at an affordable price right?

Anyway, I hope that if they decide to remove physical controllers that they put some gloves that make you feel stuff or something, I never really liked games like EyeToy.

It would be cool if they added that to the STEM in later versions. But I've read in a post of theirs that while they would allow/support development on a glove by someone else, they weren't currently working on it themselves.

But if these products become a success, we can count on refined/new version in the future, and all the advancement it brings.

God I can't WAIT for that.

To answer your question Ithior, Oculus Rift is actually supposed to be available to the public sometime in the coming year. I have a feeling it will take longer than that, but that is their anticipated timeframe to get an initial consumer version available. And then of course they'd improve upon it and release a 3.0 or whatever, because I'm guessing the first one will be rough. Better than the prototype, but like the PS1 compared to the PS2 compared to the PS3, etc. (speaking of which, can't wait to see PS4!).

Me neither, it's going to be SO COOL.

And the STEM is supposedly set for July 2014. I have no idea what time frame they have on the Omni, though. But all I know is, it's going to be worth the wait.

Once these three are out, I'm never leaving my room again.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I never really liked games like EyeToy.
You didn't? I loved that when it came out, although I never owned a PlayStation so all my gaming on that had to be at a friend's house. This advancement in virtual reality should be cool, although I'll wait until it's out before judging.

Hmm, what gladdens my heart? Where to start?

- good food.
- sunny weather where I can go to the beach.
- heavy metal.
- having a good session on my drum kit.
- keeping busy.
- knowing how positive I can be, especially lately. :)

And many, many more.

Ithior

You didn't? I loved that when it came out, although I never owned a PlayStation so all my gaming on that had to be at a friend's house. This advancement in virtual reality should be cool, although I'll wait until it's out before judging.

I liked it when it came out because it was new, but simply slapping the air doesn't feel as good if you actually felt you were slapping something. I liked the wii more because you'd actually hold the remote like you would a sword or a bow for example.

MollyBeGood

The total utter peacefulness of my surroundings. Rarely do I hear a sound of humans. I do hear birds and the occasional dog, sometimes the low rumble of a truck but basically pure, heavenly silence and beauty of the natural world is what makes me so happy.

I just came from 2 weeks in a major city and now am so friggin happy to be home! The noise pollution alone was killing me.