What do you hate most about social anxiety?

what do you hate most about social anxiety?

• not being able to talk/openly express yourself when u want to

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • being misunderstood by others (people thinking u r dumb, rude, etc)

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • not being able to make friends, or keep relationships with others

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • feeling self conscious (having low self esteem or negative thoughts and insecurities)

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • having intense anxiety (and anxiety attacks)

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • feeling alone and helpless

Votes: 18 13.0%

• Total voters

Joh

im afraid of meeting new people, a few years ago i mate a girl, she said "you are boring, you dont know how to talk" :(

teruteru

im tied between these four:
not being able to talk/openly express yourself when u want to
being misunderstood by others (people thinking u r dumb, rude, etc)
not being able to make friends, or keep relationships with others
feeling self conscious (having low self esteem or negative thoughts and insecurities)

i had to stick with the third one, not being able to make friends, or keep relationships with others. i hate that i can't keep friends. there's always someone out there they will prefer over me as a friend and leave me alone. i suppose i can't blame them, since i'm really just a burden to have around. i don't talk much, say anything interesting, or want to do anything fun. (╯︵╰,)

shyflower

I probably could have voted 'all of the above' if that were an option, but the one answer I chose more than anything is being misunderstood by others and I think what bothers me there is that people want me to listen to them when they are talking but they don't want to listen to me when I am talking. Their lack of interest in listening to me leads to them misinterpreting and hearing the wrong thing, therefore I end up getting the " I think I will ignore you now" feeling from them.

Zaki

The constant holding back/feeling unable to express myself when I want and how I want. I often feel like a quirky, cool, potentially likeable person encapsulated in fear and self-doubt.

Last edited:

AtTheGates

Banned
The constant holding back/feeling unable to express myself when I want and how I want. I often feel like a quirky, cool, potentially likeable person encapsulated in fear and self-doubt.

^This...definitely.

..and also the fact people with anxiety problems are often misunderstood and labeled.

nicole1

I didn't answer the poll because there's more to it than just one answer. Over all, it has inhibited my social skills and I don't feel comfortable around people. I feel like I'm not in control of myself.

The positive: I did learn more about myself as I'm more introspective and I'm happy being alone (though I attribute that part to my introversion).

Sacrament

Worst thing about social anxiety/worrying is identifying oneself with it, and letting them become you.

Kaekae

I hate feeling self-conscious all the time. I hate how it affects how I feel doing simple tasks like walking down the street.
I also hate how I am misunderstood by others. I think I come across as a bit ditzy when really I usually just feel embarrassed and so my brain goes into weird mode. Something like that anyway.

CrazyGirl

I couldn't pick just one. The first is the inability to form friendships/relationships and second, the pains of loneliness

Argentum

The effects of severe anxiety are lifelong. Even if you escape anxiety, you're left with a lack of experience, diminished ability to relate to others over life experiences, and little in the way of working social networks.

Marc7

I HATE not being able to stand up myself and express myself when needed. Also not being able to make friends irl and being alone ALL the time.