What compliments have you received today?

Phoenixx

My sister told me that I look cute with makeup. I don't wear makeup but I was cleaning my room this morning, found some eye-liner and mascara and applied some just for fun (didn't go anywhere with it, though - the reason I don't wear make-up is because I'm afraid people will think something in the lines of "Why is she wearing makeup? Does she think that'll make her look better? It doesn't."). So yeah, it was nice of my sister to compliment me like that ... Although she was probably just trying to say that I look horrible without it.
^ I'm afraid of the same thing with wearing makeup, that's why I normally go all natural with it, so it's hardly noticeable. But lately I've been wanting to make that change, make myself a little more noticeable, not so plain. I just need to give myself a push.

As for your sister, she probably wasn't trying to say that you look horrible without it at all. Like Violet said, with some people they look really pretty without it, but once they put it on it just enhances everything even more.

TheRadicalAnxiousLefty

The last compliment I received was from my mother's partner, roughly two weeks ago, telling me that I was "extremely bright." Which, despite the wonderful intentions, is simply not true. I am more dense than a sack of unwashed potatoes.

TheNightCreature

I haven't really been complimented by anyone today this week or this month lol, when i do it's usually you're really mature for your age or you're very well mannered, but i usually get rude remarks about my looks so yeah.

razzle dazzle rose

My sister told me that I look cute with makeup. I don't wear makeup but I was cleaning my room this morning, found some eye-liner and mascara and applied some just for fun (didn't go anywhere with it, though - the reason I don't wear make-up is because I'm afraid people will think something in the lines of "Why is she wearing makeup? Does she think that'll make her look better? It doesn't."). So yeah, it was nice of my sister to compliment me like that ... Although she was probably just trying to say that I look horrible without it.

Nooouuu, I don't think she was trying to say that at all. Makeup is a tool. Women look great with some on. It accentuates your best features. Liner and mascara make the eyes look huge and big eyes are attractive. The key is to make it look as natural as possible (or not. I am not really a fan of the natural look ;p )

razzle dazzle rose

Yesterday a saleslady said she liked my dress. It was vintage and I told her so, "it is vintage." It made me feel all special 'cause it is one of a kind! :)

Phoenixx

As I was heading out the door after yoga this morning, my teacher stopped me to tell me how well I've been doing. I told her I really didn't think I was doing that well at all since I've been sick and in pain, but she told me for being in pain I'm doing great. :)

Shortly after, while I was in the bathroom putting on my shoes after changing, a girl told me she liked my shoes. Those two comments definitely made my day. :)

DeadmanWalking

My cousin called me "too advanced for my age". The thing is though, I don't know what he meant by that. He said that after I told him that I like to listen to orchestra; when I asked him what he meant he told me that I was smarter than the average person. But, I don't see how my intelligence makes me "advanced":confused:. Could any of you enlighten me by what you think he meant? He told me that he would call back later, but I would like to know now.

Silatuyok

My cousin called me "too advanced for my age". The thing is though, I don't know what he meant by that. He said that after I told him that I like to listen to orchestra; when I asked him what he meant he told me that I was smarter than the average person. But, I don't see how my intelligence makes me "advanced":confused:. Could any of you enlighten me by what you think he meant? He told me that he would call back later, but I would like to know now.

I think he just means that you are more sophisticated than other people your age, with more refined tastes. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. :)