What book are you currently reading?

Phoenixx

catching-fire-book-cover-01.jpg

Fair Food: Growing a Healthy, Sustainable Food System for All by Oran Hesterman, Ph.D.

It's about what is wrong with our current food system (and boy is it broken) and discusses how we can go about fixing it. Very interesting read.

41pczO9bh2L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't want to read some dude's memoir about books yesterday, so I started The Hobbitses.

the-hobbit.gif

@Phoenixx - It might be because I'm a big bag of emotional fangirl, but I actually cried at the end of Mockingjay. I think it was just me, though.

Last edited:

coyote

this book that my cousin sent me for christmas

she self-published this hardbound collection of family photos and sent one to everybody

very cool

(btw, i'm the little guy wearing the bow tie)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0

Phoenixx

@Phoenixx - It might be because I'm a big bag of emotional fangirl, but I actually cried at the end of Mockingjay. I think it was just me, though.
^ I've already had quite a few feels throughout all three books already. I haven't cried yet, though.

I remember when I finished reading the last Harry Potter book way back when. That was the first book to ever make me cry... No, not only that. It took everything in me to keep myself from bawling my eyes out. I actually felt pretty sad for a few days even after reading it. I have yet to read another book/book series that has that kind of effect on me.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I remember when I finished reading the last Harry Potter book way back when. That was the first book to ever make me cry... No, not only that. It took everything in me to keep myself from bawling my eyes out. I actually felt pretty sad for a few days even after reading it. I have yet to read another book/book series that has that kind of effect on me.

The first and only book that has ever made me cry was Where the Red Fern Grows, thankfully in the confines of my room where no one saw it. We had to read the book in 6th grade, where we had "free reading time," so a handful of kids in my class finished the book in class and were bawling their eyes out. One of the many reasons why reading alone has it's advantages.

JackOfSpades

I don't remember the last fiction book I read, but they used to almost always put tears in my eyes by the end. I think it's the amount of time invested, and the finality that does it to me.