What book are you currently reading?

The Great Gatsby. flipping amazing book.

Indeed.

I'm currently reading more than one (I rarely read just one book at once) but the newest that I just started reading today is "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. It was great right from the beginning. I saw the movie and loved it so I have high hopes for the book.

The first book is my favorite. The others are good as well, but none of them got my heart pounding like the first did.

I'm on The Silver Chair in the Narnia series. There is one more book after that and I'll have conquered Narnia!

My summer reading list:
img20120517102453.jpg

I'm already 34 pages in.

I've finished Narnia! Woot woot!! I'm on to this:

157388984.JPG

The movie is coming out soon and since I live right in the heart of the Land of Lincoln, I have to see the movie. And in order to see the movie, I have to read the book first.

bcsr

I've finished Narnia! Woot woot!! I'm on to this:

157388984.JPG

The movie is coming out soon and since I live right in the heart of the Land of Lincoln, I have to see the movie. And in order to see the movie, I have to read the book first.

Nice! I've been meaning to read that for a while. Currently I'm reading through:
AGameOfThrones.jpg

Almost done with it, going to read through the rest of A Song of Ice and Fire series when I'm done.

Phoenixx

I just finished Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It was surprisingly good.
^ Really?? I remember seeing the trailer for the movie and all I could think was, "WTF? :confused: Way to ruin history. :rolleyes:" BUT, if it really is a good book, and I love reading history and supernatural books (just not sure about putting them together), then maybe I should check this out...?

^ Really?? I remember seeing the trailer for the movie and all I could think was, "WTF? :confused: Way to ruin history. :rolleyes:" BUT, if it really is a good book, and I love reading history and supernatural books (just not sure about putting them together), then maybe I should check this out...?

Check out some reviews online and see what some other people think. I'm slightly (read: very much) biased because I live in central Illinois, where half of the book takes place, so it held an added interest for me. At first I was very confused on what I was supposed to believe was fact and what was fiction... which is a roundabout way of saying that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to believe in vampires or not. :) But it becomes more clear as you read on. I think most of the "historical accuracies" where in fact accurate (his mother, Ann Rutledge, and three of his four sons dying for example), but the way that the author weaved the truth with the fiction was pretty impressive. I'm not saying that it is a literary masterpiece, but it was a nice piece of fact and fantasy combined for a pretty well written, funny, and often sad novel.

As for the trailer to the movie, now that I've read the book, the movie looks much more fantastical. There is no fighting vampires on a burning train track or an ax that has a gun hidden inside. I think I'll see it anyway, but I'm going to go in assuming that the book is better. I believe that the man who wrote the book also wrote the screenplay, so I hope we wouldn't let it go too far. He also wrote the screenplay for Dark Shadows, which I was slightly disappointed in. I guess the only way to find out is to see it.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Official Trailer 3 [HD]: Benjamin Walker, Rufus Sewell & More - YouTube