vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
The female voice
A dying campfire
A purring cat
Light, consistent panting on a run
Depressingly mellow music

Kato

This is a great topic Phocas. I often listen to all the sounds that bring me pleasing feelings. It is very comforting.

My favorite is wind blowing through fir trees in the forests around where I live.It is a very powerful sound.

The singing of wild birds early in the morning.

The quiet sounds of walking in powdery snow. The sounds of large flakes of the snow falling is beautiful also.

So is the breaking of ocean waves. I use to live near the coast and you could hear thousands of them breaking all at once.

Water slapping on the side of a boat brings peaceful feelings to me. The sounds of whitewater give me a rush of adrenalin. Water in general is very comforting.

The giggling of a baby.

The slow soft sounds coming from a wise old man or woman. Has to be very old and wise.

I could go on and on but these are a few of my favorites.

GhoulsNightOut

Parrots squawking
Raindrops
Background noise in a restaurant (for some reason it helps me study :confused:)
That slight crunchy sound when I walk on sand

Kristina223

Law mowing (because it usually means it's warm outside)
Male voices
The opening of soda can
The coughing of the guy I like (a weird one, but I could listen to that all day)
Strong wind
Thunder, heavy rain

awkwardamanda

The coughing of the guy I like (a weird one, but I could listen to that all day)

LOL! When I was in university there was this guy I had a huge crush on. I was sitting and waiting for a class to start one day and I heard a cough out in the hall. I knew it was him just by the way he coughed. I looked out the door and sure enough, guess who walks by!:rolleyes:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
The sound when all of the usual sounds are gone. Not quite silence, but the hum of the moment, if that makes any sense.

grapevine

Whales
Sitar
Birds (esp wild black cockatoos)
Music that brings loving feelings and memories (like movie scores etc)
The ocean
Wind chimes (esp the bamboo ones)
Motivational speakers (Pema Chodron)

Kiwong

I really love the call of Blacks Cockatoos too, Grapevine and watching their bouncy, buoyant flight.

F0AM

I don't know how to feel about the sound of whales...it's something between being amazed and uncomfortable.

I'm sure there are more but right now these are the ones i can think about:

Bonfire
Raindrops
Velcro
Breaking ice
Footsteps (in general) especially on sand and snow
Weapon being reloaded (in general)
Waterfall
Heavy wind
Old wood floor crackle
heels
Medieval armors
Wood during night? (combination of sounds like crickets, owls and a river)
Typewriter
Thunderstorm
Satan's voice when he talks to me...ROFL just kidding! i mean, he talks to me but i don't like his voice haha...hope he's not reading this...

grapevine

I really love the call of Blacks Cockatoos too, Grapevine and watching their bouncy, buoyant flight.

Yes! I love them, the yellow tails fly over all the time. I remember once I put my arms up and mimicked their sound and the flock actually flew down to fly over my hands almost touching.. I was like WOW.. They are so graceful in flight.. my favourite bird!! Love your avatar : )

We should have another post on the sounds we hate haha.. I could think of some right now like motorbikes , yoddling..etc lol

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Rain on a tin roof..

Especially when it's cold outside, and I'm in bed all toasty n' warm ;)

Kiwong

Yes! I love them, the yellow tails fly over all the time. I remember once I put my arms up and mimicked their sound and the flock actually flew down to fly over my hands almost touching.. I was like WOW.. They are so graceful in flight.. my favourite bird!! Love your avatar : )

We should have another post on the sounds we hate haha.. I could think of some right now like motorbikes , yoddling..etc lol

Big gentle birds. Also known as rain birds. I wish I could fly away a become one.

MollyBeGood

I miss the sweet little sounds blue birds made where I used to live. There was a few nesting pairs and they were fascinating, fierce and lovely all at once.