well, i've been caught

Damn. They must have seen my drunk posts.
I'll try to tone it down some.
Seriously though, your parents seem a bit ignorant if that's their logic. You're here for support.
There can be bad people anywhere, but this site certainly isn't one where you're likely to find many. And if you do, just report them.

Honda

Their approach is wrong because they now will force the guy to do things behind their backs.. His parents just overreacted but they're humans so give them a break.. Id be a bit diplomatic and discuss it with them maybe they'll understand what went wrong and probably find out they really didn't have to suddenly monitor his actions on the net..

IamThisOne

Sounds like the way my step-mother was when I was little. I mean, can't they see that this is a good site. It is designed for support. This place is much better than going on message boards or something.

awkwardamanda

Well, my parents have finally caught me posting here somehow. I am no longer allowed to post here because they believe you people are "drunks" and "on drugs" and potentially imposters who are out to get me Thank you for your time anyway, but I'll have to go the rest of the way alone. I will not post any further because they are probably monitoring it and will change the password shortly, as well as continue to monitor all my emails.

Well actually, I think we're all just out to get your parents now. Seriously, if they'd actually take the time to poke around and see what goes on here, they might see you've got a problem. Oh wait, I bet they're the problem. Okay, parents like that will never admit they're the problem. So I guess you're screwed. Sorry buddy. It's not like they're even reading what any of us are saying here. Really, there are so many worse things you could be doing on the internet.:rolleyes:

harlseq

Well if you're a kid, then they do have a right to regulate your internet activity to an extent... if you're an adult though you should stick up for yourself a little more.

Feathers

Hm, I don't do drugs (even the legal ones) and don't drink either.. except maybe just one beer or a glass of wine at celebrations or such.. There was a time when I had 'zero alcohol' policy and I still practise it sometimes.. (people actually think it odd to not even have a toast sometimes.. :))

If you show your parents some of the more helpful posts and topics and you explain this is a support site and what it's about, that people help each other to overcome shyness or such, and share their experiences, maybe they'll come around.. (in a few days or so..)
Otherwise, there are some really cool books out there for you to read, and maybe you can get a support group in RL? (You could ask your parents that? ;))

Oh, and everyone - just in case his parents are still/again reading this forum/thread, let's try to stay away from sarcasm and be respectful? It's difficult to know it's sarcasm/humor online, especially if you don't know the people or the forum well..

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Something tells me that the parents are the reason the OP is here on the first place...

I feel bad for him.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Oh man they're right. You know whenever a drug addict starts to need a fix the first thing that comes to his mind is "Social phobia support website." I mean, that's what I would do, where else am I going to score my drugs?

They at least mean well I think...

krs2snow

Good. Your parents should know whats goin on in your life. It may feel like an invasion right now but they're looking out for your best interests. If you want to keep coming on here and u feel like it helps u and u have ppl to talk to on here then u should tell ur parents that. Let them know why ur here. They will prob. want to monitor things, as any parent should, but why should u hide whats going on w/you to those that are closest to you and then ask complete strangers for advice and support? Doesn't that seem dumb when u look at it that way? Your parents want to keep you safe. Let them. Invite them into your world.

ilmatross

Good. Your parents should know whats goin on in your life. It may feel like an invasion right now but they're looking out for your best interests. If you want to keep coming on here and u feel like it helps u and u have ppl to talk to on here then u should tell ur parents that. Let them know why ur here. They will prob. want to monitor things, as any parent should, but why should u hide whats going on w/you to those that are closest to you and then ask complete strangers for advice and support? Doesn't that seem dumb when u look at it that way? Your parents want to keep you safe. Let them. Invite them into your world.

I agree 100% with this post

as for drugs, I am a drug user but I try to discourage their use in any form. It brought on my SA, and while it does keep me happy if i never did them in the first place i wouldn't be here. catch 22.

Damned memory. Had an excellent something all lined up. Read other posts, forgot.

Will remain neutral. Ah, yes, that's because I still can't remember. Blank.

Russian Standard.

Whychosis

Your parents are fools if they're keeping you from whats supposed to be a form of group therapy. They might as well cut your entire internet access, it only gets worse elsewhere. This is supposed to be a place where people can come and share they're emotion and attempt to find healing for their problems. No doubt we've all made mistakes, and still do.

Covering your eyes when walking over trip wires will get negative results. They've gotta warn you and allow you to take your own steps. We all trip up at some point. Had to learn how to walk didn't we?

Ignace

Well, if they are reading, it's not really a good idea call this parents stupid and talking about drugs.::p: I think he's allowed back on here in no time. ;) Atleast .. when they checked the forum for things that could damage their son lol.