Valentine's Day doesn't have to be depressing and miserable!

reslo

I've a great idea. Why not save up loadsa money just to treat ourselves?!

I'm tryin' to think of what to treat myself to. I'm thinking massage, cheap cruise (if possible) or a trip to London or something!

If not, there's nothing a few good happy movies, a clean room, incense, roses and a few candles can't sort! (God I'm such a woman!) Maybe find a Buddhist meditation center that's open on Sundays (great for anxiety I've heard).. Sure if you aint got another half - be your own other half!! :) I wanna look forward to Valentines day for once.
you sound like you'd be a better date than most guys I know!
i do have a bf, but he didn't give me anything for xmas like at all- which is ok- so i'm kinda thinking that may happen for this holiday too, plus he doesn't seem to care about holidays... and we may or may not be broken up by the time it comes around... so I may take your advice... i did see a 3 pound SOLID chocolate heart for sale at the grocery store- maybe i'll get that on the 15th:D

recluse

I've only had one valentines card in my life and it was from my gran! I know it was from her because i recognize her writing. Pretty lame really::(:

Does anyone base their self esteem on people being attracted to you?

I've only had one valentines card in my life and it was from my gran! I know it was from her because i recognize her writing. Pretty lame really::(:

I DO!!! Hence the fact i have none!
And my mother used to do the same thing. It was obvious really...

Nack

Banned
So far, i've ignored halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, and new years... I think i will live past valinetine... :\

shore_of_glass

YOU MADE ME REMEMBER, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

well, there are couples and there are loners and people that don't care.

Couples protect eachother, those who don't care somehow protect themselves.

But loners get it by the big, hard cannonball called "Valentine's Day" right in the gut.

That's what valentine is for me.

lyricalliaisons

I didn't even realize it was near Valentine's Day lol. I was wondering why someone would make this thread when the day isn't until moths from now lol, but I guess it's next month & I just didn't notice. Since I've always been single, I've never paid attention to Valentines day. For two or three years, I felt sort-of bad for being alone on the day, but there's really no need to. I'm alone every other day, so I shouldn't be bothered about the fact that I'm alone on February 14th. Being alone at Christmas, Thanksgiving, & my birthday are harder for me to deal with than Valentines Day.

Squishy

I just ignore valentines day, It's on my mums birthday anyway so my family just usually go out for a meal with her or something.
:)

Reiji Moritsugu

First of all, more power to you :) this is one of those things that make you go "damn, why hadn´t I thought of that before?"

As yet another person who will spend a lonely Valentine´s Day, I know how miserable that ***** holiday can make someone feel...but you´re right in that it doesn´t have to be that way; since there is still some time left I´ll spend it thinking how to make it awesome rather than complaining, it´s far
more productive :)

Tweak

I'll probably stay home and ignore it, or call up my date from last Valentine's day (my mom ::p:) and see if she wants to get lunch.

Luke1993

Yes and because of this mine is very low lol

I'm thinking of having a meal at a restaurant by myself lol or spending a night in a 1-star hotel. Not sure which to choose yet.

shore_of_glass

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about it, but the thing about Valentine's Day is that people look at a 19yo single person and begin to wonder and ask stuff... Even worse if they know the 19yo didn't have a gf/bf ever....

plus thinking about my loneliness... but that's more common :p