Valentine's Day doesn't have to be depressing and miserable!

klytus

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about it, but the thing about Valentine's Day is that people look at a 19yo single person and begin to wonder and ask stuff...
Huh? What do people ask? And how is it obvious that someone is single? Apart from that, your love life is nobody's business.

HH

Valentines day soon....oh god. I've just gotten over the misery of being single throughout christmas and it's also my birthday in two weeks, I'll have to get through that as well. It's tough being positive through all this.

oh no, i totally forgot it's valentine's day next month. I have to keep myself very busy and try not to think about it to much.

shy17

I have never had a girlfriend in my entire life, i still don't have one though. Valentine's Day was always the day in which my depression was just unbearable. I can't stand that feeling that other people are celebrating it with their loved ones while i am dieing from loneliness. I am never going to look forward to this day. I will be very suicidal that day so better keep away from me on that particular day :)

shore_of_glass

Huh? What do people ask? And how is it obvious that someone is single? Apart from that, your love life is nobody's business.

well, the questions are more from familiy, always nosing around <.< but I understand them, kinda...

but from everyone, I get those looks when Valentine's Day is being discussed.

Plus, I believe my appearance shows that there's a high probability that I don't have a girlfriend: depressed or moody or bored and always distant...

Or am I just being paranoid?

klytus

Plus, I believe my appearance shows that there's a high probability that I don't have a girlfriend: depressed or moody or bored and always distant...

Or am I just being paranoid?

You are clearly being paranoid. At university, my love life has never been a topic of discussion. Nobody ever goes that deeply into his/her private life. Not even in private/non-professional conversations. Because that's just nobody's business, and all people (I know) know that. It's quite common sense.

shore_of_glass

You are clearly being paranoid. At university, my love life has never been a topic of discussion. Nobody ever goes that deeply into his/her private life. Not even in private/non-professional conversations. Because that's just nobody's business, and all people (I know) know that. It's quite common sense.

yeah well, I don't ever talk about that either nor people talk with me about it, but I still get affected. Paranoia it is then rofl, mix a bit of SA and I come out, baked and burned <.<

Nicholas

Valentine's day? Are you guys crazy? It's a month away... and I don't care, LOL. I hate it because it's meaningless, love means much more than a stupid tradition that has become a commercial holiday.

Valentine's day? Are you guys crazy? It's a month away... and I don't care, LOL. I hate it because it's meaningless, love means much more than a stupid tradition that has become a commercial holiday.

Well said! I brought it up cause its the one time of the year i dread - i just happened to realise its a month away!

Nicholas

Then why are you guys so worried about it? It's still the same, same as every year. And you're not going to die. Are you going to feel more alone? Well, it's just a feeling, because you'll be as alone as every other day. Will it remind you you don't have a girlfriend? Well, you don't have one right now either. And Valentine's stinking day is not going to change anything in your life.

Forget about it. You would hate it anyway, because it's stupid anyway.

Emily_G

Yes, it becomes less and less important the longer you are with someone. It's recognizing the love you have for each other every day that really counts.

That being said...I'd be very upset if hubby didn't get me flowers on valentine's day ::p:

Juggalo

I've a great idea. Why not save up loadsa money just to treat ourselves?!

I'm tryin' to think of what to treat myself to. I'm thinking massage, cheap cruise (if possible) or a trip to London or something!

If not, there's nothing a few good happy movies, a clean room, incense, roses and a few candles can't sort! (God I'm such a woman!) Maybe find a Buddhist meditation center that's open on Sundays (great for anxiety I've heard).. Sure if you aint got another half - be your own other half!! :) I wanna look forward to Valentines day for once.

You can't "treat yourself" when you're dirt poor. ::(:

Juggalo

bah humbug i say to valentines day. bah humbug indeed

You're not real. Merely an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you!

::p:

Emily_G

You're not real. Merely an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you!

::p:

Haha! Love it! I like the Muppet version of the movie :D

Pookah

For me Valentine's is more a family day than romantic. That might be sad but I get stuff from and for my mom and such. Chocolate roses etc.

It might be different someday but I love my family so it can be like this for now.