talking to yourself

WelshOne

I dont talk to myself out loud, but in my head I sometimes imagine my side of a conversation with someone. If I think about it, its mostly with my psychologist... talking (in my head) about how I feel. Something like that anyway, I havent noticed myself doing it in a while so I cant remember too well.

Kinetik

I often talk to myself in the car or shower - but then it's mostly singing, and mostly something embarrassing, like Michael McDonald or James Taylor.

kuhtreen

I dont talk to myself out loud, but in my head I sometimes imagine my side of a conversation with someone. If I think about it, its mostly with my psychologist... talking (in my head) about how I feel. Something like that anyway, I havent noticed myself doing it in a while so I cant remember too well.

I do that too!

darknight

I think alot of pple can realte somehow. but I think it comes frm lonelyness. I find when I'm around other pple and tlking it happens less. But my speech prof brought up a good point to the class. Ita a psychological thing,,,To keep yourslef sane...not necessarily bad....but yeah....after yrs if suffering....you never thought u'd be one of the ones...lol....I usually put on the radio. but I can't stand the silence for too long...crowds..and all their noise....I know I'm not nuts....just suffering in silence...

anomicdeer

Me too. But if its out loud, no one is around.

I think I started because I know all the lines to my favorite movie... or at least I use to, and I couldn't help saying them as I watched it... then I started talking to myself out loud when Im in my room.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I've talked aloud to myself ever since I was a kid, when not in the presence of others. I suppose this is because I don't talk to people all that much. I also talk to omniscient beings, and "imaginary friends" which is something I've done since I was young. I dunno if it's just my way of coping with loneliness or if it's a subtle insanity... There's just no possible way I can be normal, regardless of how much I try.

FOR REAL

Banned
i usually whisper out loud, just incase someone hears what i say!

but when something really gets to me, like burning food in the oven or watching the news! or BEING FKN AWAKE AT THIS TIME OF THE MORNING!
i tend to use the 'F' word a lot

and i want the whole world to hear it!!!

Rodox

If this gets serious/worse,its better to see a doctor if you dont already,I remember my brother when he was starting to get schizofrenic, he started just like that,but again could be nothing.....

recluse

I used to think of things to say to people and i would go over and over them like a script. The worst thing was that the more anxious i became the more i repeated the same thing and by the time i was actually with the person, my mind would be confused and i wouldn't be able to string a sentence together.

It's embarrassing 'cause I tend to mouth the words when I'm walking on the street or something.. And then someone passes by I pretend to chew gum

I talk to myself when I'm alone. Never when people around me. I talk loud when I'm in my comfort zone. I remember when I moved to new place I feeled very productive and I haven't talked to myself for a long time. But after a while I started to talk again, because I feel more comfortable now where I am. I'm over analyzing things when I talk to myself or I am daydreaming.

NothingElseMatters

Ita a psychological thing,,,To keep yourslef sane...not necessarily bad....

that's the way i see it.when i am at home alone for so many days and noone to talk to how else to prevent myself from going insane.And isn't this the way thoughts opinions and self knowledge are created?

It's embarrassing 'cause I tend to mouth the words when I'm walking on the street or something.. And then someone passes by I pretend to chew gum

:)i don't do that but i tend to smile because of my thoughts and then i do weird faces to cover that up!that's y i prefer walking at night when noone sees

madmike

Uh, i do this quite a bit. Wasn't really aware of it till i read this thread, but i often talk to myself (in my head) to convince myself of something i'm not really sure about. Like, if it comes to drugs ill hold an opinion like 'they're an escape, they can be beneficial to people' and then i'll tell myself no, it's wrong to take drugs, they do more harm than good and i'll have a little debate with myself. I don't know, maybe it's quite normal...

Yeah i got no friends, i cant even conduct a proper convo on a chatsite. So i occasionally strike up a conversation with myself. Now I'm scared that it'll happen when im in public. I so need to have conversation with people, but when push comes to shove i totally mess things up and i turn into a mumbling fool

Yeah. Been doing it a lot recently, especially when I am doing my compulsive ritual shit. I am freaking myself out. The more I do it the less I am aware of it. I am losing the plot surely.

mmmm

^ There's nothing wrong with losing the plot. I'd love to ditch mine and get a new one.