Take care, SPW!

MikeyC

I realise I have been posting more sporadically here, and it's because I feel like I'm in a good spot in my life. Things have been going quite well for me lately and I hope it continues.

When I joined up, I was a mess. My (ill-fated) relationship was on the brink, I was depressed and anxious most days, my future looked extremely bleak, and I was flirting with the idea of suicide. That was 2011. Fast forward to 2015 and my life has taken a turn for the better. Since that time I have seen a psychologist, got a second job, started university, got my first aid certificate, went overseas once (but planning again soon), got a better girlfriend, and gained more confidence in myself and my actions. Among other things.

The biggest thing, though? Eliminating the depressive abysses I would fall into. They have disappeared for the last year or so, and I am so thankful for that, that I can barely put it into words. Waking up not depressed every day is a wonderful feeling. Am I cured? Hard to say. I still get transient sadness and "low" feelings occasionally, and I still have some anxiety, especially with the phone, but that's life. I'm doing great.

So with that, I bid this forum farewell. I may still log in every now and again, and I will log in to check this thread and my private messages for a short while. Anybody who wishes to keep in contact through WhatsApp or Viber, I have those, although keep in mind with two jobs, university, and a girlfriend, my time is limited, haha. Just let me know, anyway.

I'm studying psychology in university, so I can one day help those who've helped me through the tough times. And - most of all - I hope everyone here finds their peace and can live happily. :)

See you later, mate. :thumbup:

Kiwong

That's bloody wonderful MikeyC, I'm really happy for you. It was great to meet you in person, and if you ever up this way be sure to say g'day, or if I'm down your way.

Last edited:

MikeyC

That's bloody wonderful MikeyC, I'm really happy for you. It was great to meet you in person, and if you ever up this way be sure to say g'day, or if I'm down your way.
Absolutely, mate. Great to meet you, as well. :)

Recently I was thinking about how absent you've been from here.

Good to hear! So glad you're doing well. Keep it up and I hope things only continue to get better for you :)

GraybeardGhost

So long, Mikey. :militarysalute:

You've been a blessing to this forum. I'm sad to see you go, but I wish you well in all your future adventures, and I hope you'll find your way back here again someday. You're truly one of the best. :thumbup:

Zaki

Wow that's awesome, Mikey. Congratulations. I'm happy for you. I wish you nothing but the best. :)

MikeyC

Thank you for all the lovely comments, everyone. This forum was a great hub to share stories, vent, and talk to others who have no doubt gone through similar issues. I hope that continues forever. :)

Congrats! Also, what proved to be working for you?
What works is different for everyone, but for me it was talking to my psychologist for a few years, plus striking out with a woman in 2013 put my life in perspective and I was desperate for change. So I guess being sick of stagnation was my catalyst. :)

squidgee

So with that, I bid this forum farewell. See you later, mate. :thumbup:

0pHosja.gif

It's truly gladdening to hear success stories like this. I guess it gives hope (even a distant glimmer) for people who are still really struggling (like myself).

If nothing changes, then nothing changes; the ONLY way to make changes (& go "foward" in life) is to MAKE CHANGES, right? lol. You can't gain the effects of action by inaction. Positive, correct, considered, informed, appropriate action is the key i think...

Good luck, and i hope this good-fortune lasts indefinately for you ... as Spock would say "live long and prosper" :bigsmile::applause:

arjuna

What word or phrase would you use to describe what got you out of the snake pit of SA:
effort, passion, commitment...?

TreeBones

It's so sad to see you go.
It was really nice hearing from you every now and then.
I'm extremely happy for you though and I wish you the best!!
:)

PerseverareJasmine

It's good to hear you're doing well. It was nice to see your posts around from time to time on here and you always seemed genuine to me with your concern/advice. Take care :).