Staying up really late

It's summer. I don't have work, unfortunately. I sometimes get my hours backwards and am awake at hours like there, 4 a.m.

Do you ever stay up late and what do you do?

Talk to me on ifalter on yahoomessenger :)

Wishmaster

Hi. Yes, during the summer when I don't have to do anything the next day I often stay up into the wee hours of the morning.. Heh, 3 AM here atm.

Richey

i stay up late 1-3am so the day goes longer and i get more "me" time.

otherwise its go to work come home eat dinner, exercise/tv bed on loop for the rest of your life with some fun days on days off that are few and far between ...

AimeeSP

Yes, i didn't fall asleep yesterday until 7am. :eek: i dont know why but even when im able to change my sleeping pattern around i always end up in the same very late sleep routine eventually.

seafolly

My anxiety is at its worst in the morning so I suppose on some level I put off bedtime. I usually have the lights on until 2 am and when life is particularly hectic, 4 am happens sometimes. Too bad fatigue worsens my anxiety as well!

Pookah

On weekends I sometimes stay up until 4 or 5am, I just get kind of stir crazy or something. I do like sleep a long time too though.

mads

I do it sometimes. Especially if I have a lot of work to do or I am watching a movie or such

Tiercel

It's always easier for me to stay up later than to get to sleep earlier. Plus, there are less people around at night. And it's usually cooler than when the sun is up. I know it is detrimental to my loneliness, depression, social anxieties, relationships, etc.

I usually spend that time sitting at my computer. So I visit this forum, listen to music, play a guitar, play computer games, browse the internet, etc. Occasionally I message or chat with people, but almost never actually initiate contact myself.

philly2bits

I've been staying up very late recently, or should I say early? Sometimes I don't get to sleep until 7 or 8am. I mainly watch TV but after 3am it starts to only be infomercials which I can't stand to watch.

Masychefx2

Banned
im at a freinds house and honestly i just wanna go home i feel homesick iits like 4am and im in the spare room browsing the internets trying not to wake anyone :/

2xnytol and im still not asleep

Quiet Angel

Honestly? It's pathetic how late I stay up at night. *lol* It's around 5am but once in a while it might be around 7am. Naturally, I'm a night-owl. Perhaps I'm nocturnal at this point... but what do I do? Often times I read because reading is healthy. Not enough people will read for pleasure--but there are SO many amazing books out there. I like to expand my music knowledge by listening to new music... I watch movies/shows that I'm not familiar with. I try to do things that are wortwhile to me at night. :)

minnow

I stay up late almost every night even when I want to go to bed. It is probably my pop addiction (DR P) I don't have my own computer so I don't spend a lot of time on it. Normally I watch TV or read or cook and stuff my self...::(:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I've been awake for going on three days. I've got insomnia BAD.

It's kind of awesome though, when you add up those hours I've gained by not sleeping, it's a whole day. I've lived 4 days in the span of other people's 3.

I am immortal. Ha Ha

But yeah, I've always been a night-owl, even before all this got so difficult. I like being able to go out and do things with no one around to hinder me. I've always preferred having the world to myself.

lonely_drummer

staying up late is my favorite thing! I like that its quiet and alot cooler out so thats always nice and refreshing. ive always been a night owl, it was when everyone else slept and I was awake just doing random stuff. I find I can think the clearest at night time too. I'd always do my homework at like 2am because I was wide awake and I could get things done quicker. During the day there were too many things that would distract me like jamming or hanging out with some buds, so I wanted to do both, do fun things when I was suppose to do my homework and do it later that night. So yeah, staying up late is wicked, especially when you're an Astronomy freak hehe

I stay up late alot. Especially the weekends. But I notice that it's not very good for me, because rest is very good for me. But yeah, i love staying up late, just watching a beautiful movie or chatting very long time
Like it :)

I'm usually afraid to go to sleep, out of fear of wasting time in which I can relax (I obsessively count down the time to social/awkward events). Often I won't go to sleep at all.

It's not very healthy though, there was this time where I was up for 3 days straight. Social anxiety, responsibility pressure, paranoia and depression started to manifest significantly. It almost drove me to end it all.. :c

Ever since I watch my sleep very closely. When I don't sleep, I force myself to at least take a afternoon nap. :3

Pookah

I'm usually afraid to go to sleep, out of fear of wasting time in which I can relax (I obsessively count down the time to social/awkward events). Often I won't go to sleep at all.

It's not very healthy though, there was this time where I was up for 3 days straight. Social anxiety, responsibility pressure, paranoia and depression started to manifest significantly. It almost drove me to end it all.. :c

Ever since I watch my sleep very closely. When I don't sleep, I force myself to at least take a afternoon nap. :3

I relate to this somewhat. I wonder if this is a related symptom amongst us. I stay up much longer than I should but when I do sleep I can sleep 10+ hours.