SPW Valentine's 2014

What, nobody started a thread this year? Allow me!

DoWDlQN.jpg

6AT9qjN.jpg

B6kM6ZD.jpg

^ Love these!

Have only been with a guy once in my life. He only gave me a bunch of flowers for the first Valentines Day we had together, and even then, I had to pay for them because he had no money! :eek:h:
Low self-esteem is wonderful, you will pay for your and your boyfriends gift and not say a word. lol >.>

AGR

uh this Valentines Day sucks much more than the other ones to me and I probably wont forget that easily.........

To the others happy valentines day!

Odo

Banned
^ Love these!

Have only been with a guy once in my life. He only gave me a bunch of flowers for the first Valentines Day we had together, and even then, I had to pay for them because he had no money! :eek:h:
Low self-esteem is wonderful, you will pay for your and your boyfriends gift and not say a word. lol >.>

Wowsers that's tacky. He could have at least done something like cook or make a mixtape or give you something homemade.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The best Valentine's presents I've ever gotten have all been homemade cards or other art-type things.

I would have liked them on any day of the year, but I'd be lying if I said I were completely immune to the unavoidable media blitzing that causes certain expectations in people on certain days of the year.

Ah well.

They tried to give me a flower at the train station today but it was cold and I needed my hands in my pocket so I couldn't take the flower :sad:

My ex-husband once got me cable tv for Valentine's Day.

I don't watch tv.

Talk about not knowing your partner (unless there was a different reason for it, like maybe HE wanted cable... weird)

I would have liked them on any day of the year, but I'd be lying if I said I were completely immune to the unavoidable media blitzing that causes certain expectations in people on certain days of the year.

Ah well.

Really? I feel sad around Christmas if I don't have much going on or people to see, but not Valentine's Day. I really don't give a crap about this holiday at all. I don't really know why I don't care, it's just not something that's ever seemed important to me, except when I was a kid (candy!).

I like St. Patrick's Day, though - my mom's dinner is THE BEST.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Talk about not knowing your partner (unless there was a different reason for it, like maybe HE wanted cable... weird)

Really? I feel sad around Christmas if I don't have much going on or people to see, but not Valentine's Day. I really don't give a crap about this holiday at all. I don't really know why I don't care, it's just not something that's ever seemed important to me, except when I was a kid (candy!).

I like St. Patrick's Day, though - my mom's dinner is THE BEST.
I don't have strong feelings about any holiday, but I do get slightly affected by the reminder I'm alone on Valentine's. Christmas is actually the one that doesn't bother me in the least either way. :idontknow:

Silatuyok

I'm not big on Valentine's Day, but I did feel enough pressure to actually get out of bed, brush my teeth, and get dressed. Looking presentable is the least I can do, I suppose.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I'm hearing you, mate. I hope you're not too miserable today.
Heh. Naw, man. Considering that this year I've literally put more effort into actively ducking 'romantic' interests than pursuing them, it's downright silly that I should feel at all like I'm supposed to be with someone today.